Re: [videoblogging] Going Hollywood...

  • jim stewart
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 18, 2005
      Hi Linda,

      I haven't been involved with this group for long but there certainly
      is always a full and frank exchange of ideas!

      Personally I am NOT anti hollywood at all. I certainly want to make
      money from Vlogging and I make no apologies for that. However I also
      want to try a few experiments which I don't expect to make money off
      at all.

      I love the cross media concept. Not all Vlogs tho are like a blog.
      Some 'vlogs' are standalone content in their own right like some
      animators on this list.

      As far as Hollywood is concerned there are a number of angles you
      could take, Vlog of the week, Vlog campaigners from around the world
      etc etc. The power of this medium is that individuals any where in the
      world can produce content quickly with incredible diversity. I could
      see shows that have their non-linear version online with a weekly
      highlights package on the telly.

      Although from what I understand of my consumption of US media I think
      you would have a hard time putting some of this stuff on the air. We'd
      have no problem here in Australia tho :-)

      Regards
      Jim Stewart
      http://stewartmedia.biz