An Introduction

  • Rebecca
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 21, 2007
      Hi everybody! I wanted to introduce myself. I joined the group a few
      weeks ago, and I look forward to sharing. I have a vlog/show (
      cookingupastory.com ), going on a year now. Not too many folks in my
      neck of the woods (Oregon) are vlogging, but it's beginning grow.
      Great to know there is a community here.
    • John Coffey
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 21, 2007
        Hey Rebecca, maybe some video of the great windsurfing
        on the Columbia River on an "epic day"!
        Best of Luck
        John

        --- Rebecca <rebeccagerendasy@...> wrote:

        > Hi everybody! I wanted to introduce myself. I joined
        > the group a few
        > weeks ago, and I look forward to sharing. I have a
        > vlog/show (
        > cookingupastory.com ), going on a year now. Not too
        > many folks in my
        > neck of the woods (Oregon) are vlogging, but it's
        > beginning grow.
        > Great to know there is a community here.

        Jimmy CraicHead TVVideo Podcast about Sailing, Travel, Cocktails and other good Craic!http://www.jchtv.com/

      • David Meade
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 21, 2007
          Welcome Rebecca!

          I just watched your most recent episode and really liked it. I've
          subscribed to your feed at MeFeedia!

          - Dave

          On 6/21/07, Rebecca <rebeccagerendasy@...> wrote:

          > Hi everybody! I wanted to introduce myself. I joined the group a few
          > weeks ago, and I look forward to sharing. I have a vlog/show (
          > cookingupastory.com ), going on a year now. Not too many folks in my
          > neck of the woods (Oregon) are vlogging, but it's beginning grow.
          > Great to know there is a community here.

          http://www.DavidMeade.com

        • johnleeke
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 21, 2007
            Rebecca:

            Wow! Good stories and excellent video quality.

            Could you let us in on how you get that great video quality? What
            camera? What format and resolution are you uploading to Brightcove? Do
            you have to pay to use Brightcove?

            John
            by hammer and hand great works do stand
            www.HistoricHomeWorks.com
          • oovooworld
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 22, 2007
              Hi Rebecca, I love your site. Not just because I am a very greedy
              person :) - great quality videos and quirky touches. And the recent
              eco angle really appeals to me.

              There seems to be so much better content for food/blogging sites from
              the US rather than the UK where I am based, and a vblog is a welcome
              addition - know of any others?

              Welcome
            • yeehawsunny
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 22, 2007
                I just found Rebecca's site and love it as well! I just started
                videoblogging and am doing wild foods...as well as some sustainable
                lifestyle stuff. Although many plants are only found here in North
                America, many are also found in Europe as well.

                yeehaw, ~sunny

                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "oovooworld" <simon@...> wrote:

                > Hi Rebecca, I love your site. Not just because I am a very greedy
                > person :) - great quality videos and quirky touches. And the recent
                > eco angle really appeals to me.
                >
                > There seems to be so much better content for food/blogging sites from
                > the US rather than the UK where I am based, and a vblog is a welcome
                > addition - know of any others?
                >
                > Welcome

              • yeehawsunny
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 22, 2007
                  oops!

                  another snafu....here's the site: http://wildfoodplants.com/

                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "yeehawsunny" <yeehawsunny@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I just found Rebecca's site and love it as well! I just started
                  > videoblogging and am doing wild foods...as well as some sustainable
                  > lifestyle stuff. Although many plants are only found here in North
                  > America, many are also found in Europe as well.
                  >
                  > yeehaw, ~sunny
                  >
                  > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "oovooworld" <simon@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Rebecca, I love your site. Not just because I am a very greedy
                  > > person :) - great quality videos and quirky touches. And the recent
                  > > eco angle really appeals to me.
                  > >
                  > > There seems to be so much better content for food/blogging sites from
                  > > the US rather than the UK where I am based, and a vblog is a welcome
                  > > addition - know of any others?
                  > >
                  > > Welcome

                • Rebecca
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 22, 2007
                    Thanks for the welcome and everyone's kind words about the show. It is
                    a labor of love (and then some), which I think most everyone can
                    relate to.

                    I shoot with a sony 570. It's an older dvcam camera, but it gives me
                    good pictures. Most of the show was shot 4:3, but recently I switched
                    to 16:9. I edit everything in fcp, and my partner encodes and sends it
                    up the pipe. He follows their specs, and tweaks it. Brightcove has
                    various programs (as I understand it), we're in their ad program, so
                    it's free. I'm sorry, I don't know all the details there. We're also
                    with blip.tv; they're a great bunch of folks!

                    Have you watched Freshtopia, or Average Betty?

                    Looking forward to interacting...

                    Rebecca

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "johnleeke" <johnleeke@...> wrote:

                    > Rebecca:
                    >
                    > Wow! Good stories and excellent video quality.
                    >
                    > Could you let us in on how you get that great video quality? What
                    > camera? What format and resolution are you uploading to Brightcove? Do
                    > you have to pay to use Brightcove?
                    >
                    > John
                    > by hammer and hand great works do stand
                    > www.HistoricHomeWorks.com

                  • Rebecca
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 22, 2007
                      Sunny, just checked out your site...it's great! Love the info (I'm
                      surrounded by wild blackberry bushes...literally...they're all over my
                      backyard), but never would have thought to make tea from them. And I
                      love your cam-on-the-tray shot.

                      Looking forward to your future posts:)

                      wrote:

                      > I just found Rebecca's site and love it as well! I just started
                      > videoblogging and am doing wild foods...as well as some sustainable
                      > lifestyle stuff. Although many plants are only found here in North
                      > America, many are also found in Europe as well.
                      >
                      > yeehaw, ~sunny
                      >
                      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "oovooworld" <simon@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi Rebecca, I love your site. Not just because I am a very greedy
                      > > person :) - great quality videos and quirky touches. And the recent
                      > > eco angle really appeals to me.
                      > >
                      > > There seems to be so much better content for food/blogging sites from
                      > > the US rather than the UK where I am based, and a vblog is a welcome
                      > > addition - know of any others?
                      > >
                      > > Welcome

                    • Mark Villaseñor
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 1 7:16 AM
                        Hello Group:
                        Being the "new guy" I thought to intro myself and tell a little about our
                        Vlog aspirations, which are more than might immediately be evident.

                        www.TailTrex.tv is an intended revenue center of Society for Outdoor
                        Adaptive Resources, Inc., S-O-A-R, a California 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Our
                        mission is to facilitate Disabled Person access into Designated and
                        non-designated US Wilderness, pursuant to §508 of the Americans With
                        Disabilities Act, and encourage the use of all U.S. lands by the disabled.
                        We are a small organization, yet committed to a much needed task.

                        S-O-A-R aims to achieve its goal through modified canine handling protocols
                        I developed in cooperation with the US Forest Service, to tow wheelchair
                        bound people into wild places by use of specially trained dogs. Therefore an
                        Internet television program celebrating dogs and their relationship to
                        humans and wild places is fitting; hence, TailTrex.tv -- to launch January
                        1, 2011.

                        Certainly there are many more details I could offer you now, but for brevity
                        I'll refer you to our S-O-A-R website -- www.SOAR508.org -- and TailTrex.tv
                        itself. Even so; I'd be happy to share here also, if you've a suitable
                        question or two.

                        Thanks for having me.

                        Mark Villaseñor,
                        www.TailTrex.tv
                        Canine Adventures For Charity - sm
                        www.SOAR508.org
                        .
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 2 10:42 AM
                          > www.TailTrex.tv is an intended revenue center of Society for Outdoor
                          > Adaptive Resources, Inc., S-O-A-R, a California 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Our
                          > mission is to facilitate Disabled Person access into Designated and
                          > non-designated US Wilderness, pursuant to §508 of the Americans With
                          > Disabilities Act, and encourage the use of all U.S. lands by the disabled.
                          > We are a small organization, yet committed to a much needed task.
                          >
                          > S-O-A-R aims to achieve its goal through modified canine handling protocols
                          > I developed in cooperation with the US Forest Service, to tow wheelchair
                          > bound people into wild places by use of specially trained dogs. Therefore an
                          > Internet television program celebrating dogs and their relationship to
                          > humans and wild places is fitting; hence, TailTrex.tv -- to launch January
                          > 1, 2011.

                          Welcome Mark. I know we have at least one other member who works with
                          dogs and videoblogs. Ron Watson over at http://k9disc.blip.tv/. I'm
                          sure he'll chime in here.

                          Do you have any videos of dogs pulling wheelchairs in the forest?
                          (didnt see that footage on your site). I'd love to see what that looks
                          like.

                          Jay
                        • Mark Villaseñor
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 2 7:21 PM
                            Jay Dedman: "Welcome Mark. I know we have at least one other member who
                            works with dogs and videoblogs. Ron Watson..."

                            Greetings, Jay, and thanks for the welcome.

                            I'm looking forward to getting to know Ron (and others here too) because as
                            it happens we're planning on a dog-disking field trip (location) episode, so
                            Ron appears a prime interview candidate. (Hope he's open for that.)

                            Jay Dedman: "Do you have any videos of dogs pulling wheelchairs in the
                            forest?
                            (didnt see that footage on your site). I'd love to see what that looks
                            like."

                            Not anything just yet other than training clips we capture with a VIO or
                            ContourHD, while the dogs pull their weight cart. Although the great folks
                            at Colours In Motion (one of our sponsors) are building a new wheelchair
                            specially tasked for our purposes, so by this summer I'm certain there will
                            be plenty of broadcast quality footage of the boys & I towing that chair.

                            At present we work two (2) Alaskan Malamute (those seen toward the end of
                            our promo piece online -- as of this date), and I assure you they can be an
                            impressive sight while pulling. ...Ahem... That is, when they aren't in a
                            lazy mood! :D

                            Again thanks for the welcome; I look forward to interacting with and
                            contributing to this group often.

                            Mark Villaseñor,
                            www.TailTrex.tv
                            Canine Adventures For Charity - sm
                            www.SOAR508.org
                          • Adam Quirk
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 6 4:35 PM
                              Hi Mark, welcome.

                              Your site is simple and visually interesting, the topography integrated with
                              the embedded video is clever and works really well.

                              I'd suggest putting some kind of call to action on the site for people who
                              are interested. Could be as simple as an email signup form for people to get
                              on an announcement list for new TailTrex videos. If not, chances are people
                              will forget about the site by 2011, no matter how interested they are.

                              You can use Google docs to make a simple form to collect names and emails:
                              http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=87809

                              <http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=87809>Good job,
                              and good luck.

                              --
                              Adam Quirk
                              http://wreckandsalvage.com

                              On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Mark Villaseñor <
                              videoblogyahoogroup@...> wrote:

                              > Jay Dedman: "Welcome Mark. I know we have at least one other member who
                              > works with dogs and videoblogs. Ron Watson..."
                              >
                              > Greetings, Jay, and thanks for the welcome.
                              >
                              > I'm looking forward to getting to know Ron (and others here too) because as
                              > it happens we're planning on a dog-disking field trip (location) episode,
                              > so
                              > Ron appears a prime interview candidate. (Hope he's open for that.)
                              >
                              > Jay Dedman: "Do you have any videos of dogs pulling wheelchairs in the
                              > forest?
                              > (didnt see that footage on your site). I'd love to see what that looks
                              > like."
                              >
                              > Not anything just yet other than training clips we capture with a VIO or
                              > ContourHD, while the dogs pull their weight cart. Although the great folks
                              > at Colours In Motion (one of our sponsors) are building a new wheelchair
                              > specially tasked for our purposes, so by this summer I'm certain there will
                              > be plenty of broadcast quality footage of the boys & I towing that chair.
                              >
                              > At present we work two (2) Alaskan Malamute (those seen toward the end of
                              > our promo piece online -- as of this date), and I assure you they can be an
                              > impressive sight while pulling. ...Ahem... That is, when they aren't in a
                              > lazy mood! :D
                              >
                              > Again thanks for the welcome; I look forward to interacting with and
                              > contributing to this group often.
                              >
                              > Mark Villaseñor,
                              > www.TailTrex.tv
                              > Canine Adventures For Charity - sm
                              > www.SOAR508.org

                            • Mark Villaseñor
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 7 7:03 AM
                                Adam Quirk: "Your site is simple and visually interesting... I'd suggest
                                putting some kind of call to action on the site for people who are
                                interested."

                                Thanks, Adam, although we've a different Wordpress based schema (using the
                                topographical elements) under the current splash page. What one sees now won't
                                be our actual web presence after launch.

                                And I hear ya; I've been meaning to install an Opt-in ability to start
                                building a list, only haven't taken time to do that. Notwithstanding, I
                                appreciate your take and suggestion.