Re:A Webby Request: 5 Clever Words

  • Patrick Race
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
      Webby speech suggestions --

      "Holy crap! Thank you."

      "Haikus start like this right?"

      "I'd like to thank the..."

      "That's done, back to work."

      Also a big fan of the "Please Keep Uploading" suggestion.

      -Pat
    • Rupert Howe
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
        You could just say:
        "*Three* words: Better Than Youtube."
      • Steve Garfield
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
          Blip.tv is people, like you!

          Join us at blip.tv. Thanks.

          Thanks Steve Garfield from stevegarfield.com

          On May 31, 2007, at 2:02 PM, dinarebecca wrote:

          > Hi you guys!
          >
          > Wanted to solicit some help for our five-word (or less) acceptance
          > speech at the Webbies.
          >
          > Justin has the best one I've heard so far: "Please. Keep.
          > Uploading."
          >
          > Does anyone have any other thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
          >
          > (Also, the tickets are insane this year, so if anyone - by any chance
          > - has an extra ticket we would LOVE to buy that from you and will be
          > forever and ever and ever grateful!)
          >
          > Thanks so much,
          >
          > Dina

          Steve Garfield
          http://SteveGarfield.com

          This email is: [ ] publishable [X] ask first [ ] private
        • trine bjørkmann berry
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
            "a reason to keep vlogging"

            :)

            --
            --------------------------------
            trine.berry@...
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
              how, bout.... "discover the world"
              or "No more barriers"
              or maybe "We the people, thank you"
              or "It's about all of us"
              or "once upon a time..."
              or "The times are a changing"
              or "The future is now"
              and lastly maybe just one word....."Empowerment"

              And if none of those work, how bout "Watch the Batman Geek" (can't
              blame me for trying...)

              Heath
              http://batmangeek.com

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "dinarebecca" <dinarebecca@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi you guys!
              >
              > Wanted to solicit some help for our five-word (or less) acceptance
              > speech at the Webbies.
              >
              > Justin has the best one I've heard so far: "Please. Keep.
              Uploading."

              > Does anyone have any other thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
              >
              > (Also, the tickets are insane this year, so if anyone - by any
              chance
              > - has an extra ticket we would LOVE to buy that from you and will be
              > forever and ever and ever grateful!)
              >
              > Thanks so much,
              >
              > Dina

            • Bill Cammack
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
                You'll need CharlesHope for this.....

                "YEAH!!! :( THAT'S WHAT WE *THOUGHT*!!!"

                --
                BillCammack

                wrote:

                > Hi you guys!
                >
                > Wanted to solicit some help for our five-word (or less) acceptance
                > speech at the Webbies.
                >
                > Justin has the best one I've heard so far: "Please. Keep. Uploading."
                >
                > Does anyone have any other thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
                >
                > (Also, the tickets are insane this year, so if anyone - by any chance
                > - has an extra ticket we would LOVE to buy that from you and will be
                > forever and ever and ever grateful!)
                >
                > Thanks so much,
                >
                > Dina

              • bordercollieaustralianshepherd
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 2, 2007
                  I am late weighing in on this. Sure humor is cool. Keep uploading is
                  clever but...

                  are you going for sh*ts and giggles or do you want to have a powerful
                  message or impact that fits the audience and times?

                  If it is not too late I submit this for your consideration...

                  .... the preamble to the Constitution would be the most powerful
                  statement to sum up not only vlogging but to comment on first
                  amendment rights, the media, grass root and social networks ... anyway

                  The first five words in case there is doubt read "We the people of the
                  .... " and you could leave it there and walk off.

                  or

                  I'd go for 7 words.. and proudly include "United States".

                  If I were your agent/manager/PR person I would make a few dozen
                  t-shirts (a gross would be better) with the entire Constitution
                  printed on the front (your logo on the sleeve of course) Bill of
                  Rights on the back. Bundle a flyer with the T-shirts that lists how to
                  contact state and local politicians, links to their web sites Add to
                  this flyer any cause you feel passionate about, or is of importance.
                  Free speech, Citizen Journalism, Internet regulations and taxation,
                  come to my mind.

                  If you want to counter the seriousness with a bit of levity, as you
                  turn to leave the podium do a Snagglepuss style,
                  <http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/inspirations/Snagglepuss-ExitStageLeft.mp3>
                  as you toss them shirts

                  OR if the idea is to be keeping the humor, another Snagglepuss classic
                  ... heavens to murgatroid!

                  Dave

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 2, 2007
                    Okay I see there are two of us thinking "We the people" ...

                    Nice!

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <heathparks@...> wrote:

                    > or maybe "We the people, thank you"
                  • Anil Banskota
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 4, 2007
                      How about this Dina

                      Keep Shooting Keep Uploading.Entertain.

                      Anil

                      --- Mike Hudack <mike@...> wrote:

                      > My personal vote: "We'd like to thank our users."
                      > It's six words, but
                      > hey.

                      Anil K Banskota

                    • dinarebecca