flickr to support video "soon"

  • Steve Rhodes
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2007
      At the end of this post on yahoo photos shutting down Stewart says
      flickr will support video soon.

      http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/05/03/breaking-yahoo-to-announce-closure-of-yahoo-photos-tomorrow/

      --
      Steve Rhodes

      http://ari.typepad.com

      http://tigerbeat.vox.com blogs

      http://flickr.com/photos/ari/ photos

      http://del.icio.us/tigerbeat interesting articles & sites

      http://twitter.com/tigerbeat
    • Jackson West
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2007
        Veeeerrrry intarestink.

        JW

        On 5/3/07, Steve Rhodes <srhodes@...> wrote:

        > At the end of this post on yahoo photos shutting down Stewart says
        > flickr will support video soon.
        >

        > http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/05/03/breaking-yahoo-to-announce-closure-of-yahoo-photos-tomorrow/
        >
        > --
        > Steve Rhodes
        >
        > http://ari.typepad.com
        >
        > http://tigerbeat.vox.com blogs
        >
        > http://flickr.com/photos/ari/ photos
        >
        > http://del.icio.us/tigerbeat interesting articles & sites
        >
        > http://twitter.com/tigerbeat

      • Robert Scoble
        Message 3 of 7 , May 4, 2007
          Yup, I was there when Stewart told us that.

          But, keep in mind that Stewart told me the same thing almost a year ago.

          So, we're still trying to figure out what his definition of "soon" is.

          :-)

          Robert

          _____

          At the end of this post on yahoo photos shutting down Stewart says
          flickr will support video soon.

          http://www.techcrun
          <http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/05/03/breaking-yahoo-to-announce-closure-of-
          yahoo-photos-tomorrow/>
          ch.com/2007/05/03/breaking-yahoo-to-announce-closure-of-yahoo-photos-tomorro
          w/

          --
          Steve Rhodes

          http://ari.typepad. <http://ari.typepad.com> com

          http://tigerbeat. <http://tigerbeat.vox.com> vox.com blogs

          http://flickr. <http://flickr.com/photos/ari/> com/photos/ari/ photos

          http://del.icio. <http://del.icio.us/tigerbeat> us/tigerbeat interesting
          articles & sites

          http://twitter. <http://twitter.com/tigerbeat> com/tigerbeat

        • Frank Sinton
          Message 4 of 7 , May 4, 2007
            LOL.

            Or you could use Blip.tv to upload and distribute your videos and
            Mefeedia.com to track and organize all interesting videos..... seemed
            to work for Videoblogging Week! :)

            Does this mean that Flickr will also replace Yahoo! Video too?

            -Frank

            Frank Sinton
            CEO, Mefeedia
            frank@...
            http://www.mefeedia.com - Discover, Collect, and Share great videos
            Our blog: http://mefeedia.com/blog

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Scoble"
            <robertscoble@...> wrote:

            > Yup, I was there when Stewart told us that.
            >

            > But, keep in mind that Stewart told me the same thing almost a year ago.
            >

            > So, we're still trying to figure out what his definition of "soon" is.
            >

            > :-)
            >

            > Robert
            >

            > _____

          • Enric
            Message 5 of 7 , May 4, 2007
              <robertscoble@...> wrote:

              > Yup, I was there when Stewart told us that.
              >

              > But, keep in mind that Stewart told me the same thing almost a year ago.
              >

              > So, we're still trying to figure out what his definition of "soon" is.

              That's the problem with listening to God.

              ;)

              Message 6 of 7 , May 4, 2007
                > At the end of this post on yahoo photos shutting down Stewart says
                > flickr will support video soon. >http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/05/03/breaking-yahoo-to-announce-closure-of-yahoo-photos-tomorrow/

                This would make sense....
                Seems Yahoo is finally starting to integrate all its services....like
                the way Google has done it.
                if you use Upcoming....you notice its now http://upcoming.yahoo.com/.
                Flickr will probably just use the functionality of Yahoo video.

                what would be more weird is if Microsoft bought yahoo:
                http://mashable.com/2007/05/04/microsoft-yahoo/

                Here I am....
                http://jaydedman.com

                Check out the latest project:
                http://pixelodeonfest.com/
                Webvideo festival this June!!!!
              • schlomo rabinowitz
                Message 7 of 7 , May 4, 2007
                  As Stewart told me over a year ago, "That is not not in the realm of
                  possibility."

                  Yes, the two "nots" were intentional.

                  They've been talking about it for a long time; I do know they understand
                  that video is not the same as pictures.

                  Schlomo
                  http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
                  http://weknowhow.tv