Re: [videoblogging] Re: Video Blog Wikipedia Entry

  • David King
    Message 1 of 130 , May 1, 2007
      I'd sorta kinda agree, Steve. Youtube isn't a blog. Yes, it has comments and
      an RSS feed. But youtube, in and of itself, isn't a blog. Just like a
      MySpace account isn't a blog (though you can use it for that), or
      blip.tvisn't a blog (though, again, it does have that "show" option).

      It's a gray area. Here's what I'd say: Youtube is a great place to store
      video - and you can dump those videos onto a blog. So I'd say that using
      YouTube to store videos for your vlog is valid (just like using blip is
      valid).

      If the definition is "video on a blog" - I think "blog" is generally
      recognized as a certain thing (blogger, wordpress, etc). And youtube isn't
      one.

      Does that make sense?

      --
      David King
      davidleeking.com - blog

      On 5/1/07, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:

      > To me, videos on YouTube meet the definition of being video on a
      > blog. They are videos presented in reverse chronological order, with
      > a way to link to them.
      >
      > On May 1, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Michael Verdi wrote:
      >
      > > Going with the definition that a
      > > videoblog is "video on blog" is also a strongly held, personal point
      > > of view that's been disputed. Using that as the definition effectively
      > > eliminates everything published only on YouTube
      >
      > --
      > Steve Garfield
      > http://SteveGarfield.com

    • Richard (Show) Hall
      Message 130 of 130 , May 4, 2007
        On 5/3/07, Patrick Delongchamp <pdelongchamp@...> wrote:

        > I know that sources that require subscriptions are heavily discouraged.
        > I've never looked up student newspapers though. I'd say there's a good
        > chance they're ok. You should check it out.

        ... does this mean "The Journal of Experimental Psychology" or "Science" or
        the "New England Journal of Medicine" are discouraged a reliable sources?
        (Since they require a subscription?)

        ... just trying to understand

        ... Richard

        --