Re: [videoblogging] Re: Video Blog Wikipedia Entry

  • Michael Verdi
    Message 1 of 130 , May 1, 2007
      On 5/1/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
      > I always thought Richard BF was too fixated, in an almost unhealthy
      > way, on the need to classify videoblogging as a genre and control the
      > debate.
      >
      > It was a strongly held personal point of view, and one that was
      > disputed. Personally, I don't agree with him. Many of us do not,
      > and not just out of intellectual stupidity or out of some misguided
      > romanticism or need to aggrandize the videoblog. And I don't think
      > one side has to *win*.

      Careful. Please take into account your personal feelings here when you
      go and edit the wikipedia page. Going with the definition that a
      videoblog is "video on blog" is also a strongly held, personal point
      of view that's been disputed. Using that as the definition effectively
      eliminates everything published only on YouTube which is maybe not
      such a good idea. Richard's post, while maybe not perfect, at least
      allows what most of us do and what some of the people on YouTube do to
      be encompassed.

      - Verdi

      --
      http://michaelverdi.com
      http://spinxpress.com
      Message 130 of 130 , May 4, 2007
        On 5/3/07, Patrick Delongchamp <pdelongchamp@...> wrote:

        > I know that sources that require subscriptions are heavily discouraged.
        > I've never looked up student newspapers though. I'd say there's a good
        > chance they're ok. You should check it out.

        ... does this mean "The Journal of Experimental Psychology" or "Science" or
        the "New England Journal of Medicine" are discouraged a reliable sources?
        (Since they require a subscription?)

        ... just trying to understand

        ... Richard

        --