Re: [videoblogging] Re: will law - vloggercon 2006.

  • RANDY MANN
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2007
      wow i kinda like that

      On 4/30/07, schlomo rabinowitz <schlomo@...> wrote:

      > Have you checked out Viddler?
      >
      > http://viddler.com
      >
      > Video commenting is really elegantly done over there.
      >
      > Schlomo
      > http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
      > http://hatfactory.net
      > http://winkshow.com
      >
      > On 4/30/07, nathank000 <nathank000@...<nathank000%40fluidconsulting.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Mark - I'm looking for his details for you now- if I can find them I
      > > will let you know, last I heard he was working with these guys:
      > > http://www.hostcast.com/website/index.htm
      > >
      > > In the meantime this raises an interesting question. I attended tho 06
      > > vloggercon and I was impressed with the ability to comment within a
      > > video. I am currently in the process of developing a service to serve
      > > video, but we scrapped the plans to implement this feature as we felt
      > > the screen size was too limiting, and most vloggers use the video in
      > > conjunction with a blogging tool such as word press - making the video
      > > commenting sort of redundant.
      > >
      > > The pros of having commenting within the context of the video is that
      > > the video would be able to accept comments no matter where it was
      > > embedded, and the comments would always be with it...
      > >
      > > thoughts?
      > >
      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com><videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "mark_raheja" <markraheja@...>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > couldn't easily track down will law's contact details, so i figure
      > > > i'll just post this question here.
      > > >
      > > > at vloggercon 2006, will spoke about embedding [video] comments into a
      > > > flash video file.
      > > >
      > > > will/group: what was the referenced app/software? can i review that
      > > > demo again somewhere?
      > > >
      > > > please & thanks!
      > > > -M
      > > >
      > > > t: 416.451.3640
      > > > e: markraheja@...
      > > > skype: mark_raheja

    • Jan McLaughlin
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2007
        There's also click.tv

        Jan

        --
        The Faux Press - better than real
        http://fauxpress.blogspot.com

      • sull
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2007
          besides using a 3rd party services flash wrapper, you would need to
          run/utilize a flash server engine yourself (flash media server, wowza etc)
          correct me if i am wrong.

          On 4/29/07, mark_raheja <markraheja@...> wrote:

          > couldn't easily track down will law's contact details, so i figure
          > i'll just post this question here.
          >
          > at vloggercon 2006, will spoke about embedding [video] comments into a
          > flash video file.
          >
          > will/group: what was the referenced app/software? can i review that
          > demo again somewhere?
          >
          > please & thanks!
          > -M
          >
          > t: 416.451.3640
          > e: markraheja@... <markraheja%40gmail.com>
          > skype: mark_raheja

        • caroosky
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2007
            That was our feeling, and that's why we built CrowdAbout.us. We
            didn't want to make the comments a part of the video screen, but to be
            associated with specific points along the timeline of the video, and
            displayed in a post. As part of an embeddable player, it's cool
            because all the posts and comments travel with the video in the
            player, and can be read and added to anywhere. Oh, and there's audio
            and video comments, too.

            Carter Harkins
            http://crowdabout.us