Re: [videoblogging] Re: Video Blog Wikipedia Entry

  • Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
    Message 1 of 130 , Apr 30, 2007
      Den 30.04.2007 kl. 23:28 skrev Rupert <rupert@...>:

      > It's brilliant, isn't it - the idiocy of an online resource which is
      > edited by someone who says 'let's find a better source - blog sources
      > are frowned on', in response to me linking to a Search page of this
      > Group, which lists all the conversation around "What is vlogging?"
      > So we have to find MSM sources for that?

      Which is total BS. Using tv, newspapers to track language use made sense
      back when those were the only records of daily use, and it still makes
      sense in many cases today. However, for niche groups it makes little sense
      to rely on mainstream sources for tracking language use - *especially*
      since the members of the niche group publish so many words (spoken and
      written).

      That's why Wikipedia-nazis who blindly follow policy without thinking are
      bad for the world.

        On 5/3/07, Patrick Delongchamp <pdelongchamp@...> wrote:

        > I know that sources that require subscriptions are heavily discouraged.
        > I've never looked up student newspapers though. I'd say there's a good
        > chance they're ok. You should check it out.

        ... does this mean "The Journal of Experimental Psychology" or "Science" or
        the "New England Journal of Medicine" are discouraged a reliable sources?
        (Since they require a subscription?)

        ... just trying to understand

        ... Richard

        --