Re: will law - vloggercon 2006.

  • nathank000
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2007
      Mark - I'm looking for his details for you now- if I can find them I
      will let you know, last I heard he was working with these guys:
      http://www.hostcast.com/website/index.htm

      In the meantime this raises an interesting question. I attended tho 06
      vloggercon and I was impressed with the ability to comment within a
      video. I am currently in the process of developing a service to serve
      video, but we scrapped the plans to implement this feature as we felt
      the screen size was too limiting, and most vloggers use the video in
      conjunction with a blogging tool such as word press - making the video
      commenting sort of redundant.

      The pros of having commenting within the context of the video is that
      the video would be able to accept comments no matter where it was
      embedded, and the comments would always be with it...

      thoughts?

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "mark_raheja" <markraheja@...>
      wrote:

      > couldn't easily track down will law's contact details, so i figure
      > i'll just post this question here.
      >
      > at vloggercon 2006, will spoke about embedding [video] comments into a
      > flash video file.
      >
      > will/group: what was the referenced app/software? can i review that
      > demo again somewhere?
      >
      > please & thanks!
      > -M
      >
      > t: 416.451.3640
      > e: markraheja@...
      > skype: mark_raheja

    • schlomo rabinowitz
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2007
        Have you checked out Viddler?

        http://viddler.com

        Video commenting is really elegantly done over there.

        Schlomo
        http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
        http://hatfactory.net
        http://winkshow.com

        On 4/30/07, nathank000 <nathank000@...> wrote:

        > Mark - I'm looking for his details for you now- if I can find them I
        > will let you know, last I heard he was working with these guys:
        > http://www.hostcast.com/website/index.htm
        >
        > In the meantime this raises an interesting question. I attended tho 06
        > vloggercon and I was impressed with the ability to comment within a
        > video. I am currently in the process of developing a service to serve
        > video, but we scrapped the plans to implement this feature as we felt
        > the screen size was too limiting, and most vloggers use the video in
        > conjunction with a blogging tool such as word press - making the video
        > commenting sort of redundant.
        >
        > The pros of having commenting within the context of the video is that
        > the video would be able to accept comments no matter where it was
        > embedded, and the comments would always be with it...
        >
        > thoughts?

        > "mark_raheja" <markraheja@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > couldn't easily track down will law's contact details, so i figure
        > > i'll just post this question here.
        > >
        > > at vloggercon 2006, will spoke about embedding [video] comments into a
        > > flash video file.
        > >
        > > will/group: what was the referenced app/software? can i review that
        > > demo again somewhere?
        > >
        > > please & thanks!
        > > -M
        > >
        > > t: 416.451.3640
        > > e: markraheja@...
        > > skype: mark_raheja

      • RANDY MANN
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1 4:04 AM
          wow i kinda like that

          On 4/30/07, schlomo rabinowitz <schlomo@...> wrote:

          > Have you checked out Viddler?
          >
          > http://viddler.com
          >
          > Video commenting is really elegantly done over there.
          >
          > Schlomo
          > http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
          > http://hatfactory.net
          > http://winkshow.com
          >
          > On 4/30/07, nathank000 <nathank000@...<nathank000%40fluidconsulting.com>>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Mark - I'm looking for his details for you now- if I can find them I
          > > will let you know, last I heard he was working with these guys:
          > > http://www.hostcast.com/website/index.htm
          > >
          > > In the meantime this raises an interesting question. I attended tho 06
          > > vloggercon and I was impressed with the ability to comment within a
          > > video. I am currently in the process of developing a service to serve
          > > video, but we scrapped the plans to implement this feature as we felt
          > > the screen size was too limiting, and most vloggers use the video in
          > > conjunction with a blogging tool such as word press - making the video
          > > commenting sort of redundant.
          > >
          > > The pros of having commenting within the context of the video is that
          > > the video would be able to accept comments no matter where it was
          > > embedded, and the comments would always be with it...
          > >
          > > thoughts?
          > >
          > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com><videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > > "mark_raheja" <markraheja@...>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > couldn't easily track down will law's contact details, so i figure
          > > > i'll just post this question here.
          > > >
          > > > at vloggercon 2006, will spoke about embedding [video] comments into a
          > > > flash video file.
          > > >
          > > > will/group: what was the referenced app/software? can i review that
          > > > demo again somewhere?
          > > >
          > > > please & thanks!
          > > > -M
          > > >
          > > > t: 416.451.3640
          > > > e: markraheja@...
          > > > skype: mark_raheja

        • Jan McLaughlin
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2 8:29 AM
            There's also click.tv

            Jan

            --
            The Faux Press - better than real
            http://fauxpress.blogspot.com

          • sull
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2 9:19 AM
              besides using a 3rd party services flash wrapper, you would need to
              run/utilize a flash server engine yourself (flash media server, wowza etc)
              correct me if i am wrong.

              On 4/29/07, mark_raheja <markraheja@...> wrote:

              > couldn't easily track down will law's contact details, so i figure
              > i'll just post this question here.
              >
              > at vloggercon 2006, will spoke about embedding [video] comments into a
              > flash video file.
              >
              > will/group: what was the referenced app/software? can i review that
              > demo again somewhere?
              >
              > please & thanks!
              > -M
              >
              > t: 416.451.3640
              > e: markraheja@... <markraheja%40gmail.com>
              > skype: mark_raheja

            • caroosky
              Message 6 of 8 , May 2 8:19 PM
                That was our feeling, and that's why we built CrowdAbout.us. We
                didn't want to make the comments a part of the video screen, but to be
                associated with specific points along the timeline of the video, and
                displayed in a post. As part of an embeddable player, it's cool
                because all the posts and comments travel with the video in the
                player, and can be read and added to anywhere. Oh, and there's audio
                and video comments, too.

                Carter Harkins
                http://crowdabout.us