Re: [videoblogging] NYPD Arrest Video on Rocketboom

  • Joshua Kinberg
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 2, 2007
      Might help if you read the NYTimes article for background on NYPD
      surveillance leading up the the RNC in 2004:
      <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/25/nyregion/25infiltrate.html?ex=1332648000&en=8da9969fc1cbb3d1&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink>

      Yes, BikesAgainstBush was a very public project -- it was in the news
      media, and had a videoblog. The issue is in the way it was treated as
      a "threat" by law enforcement and systematically prevented.

      -Josh

      On 4/2/07, John Dowdell <jdowdell@...> wrote:
      > Joshua Kinberg wrote:
      > > Working with Jen Myronuk, we produced/edited a short video/field
      > > segment for Rocketboom in response to the NYTimes articles about
      > > illegal NYPD surveillance during the 2004 RNC convention.
      >
      > So... you were the good surveillers, doing surveillance on the bad
      > surveillers, is that it...?
      >
      > (Me, I think that if you're in the public record, you're in the public
      > record, and it's strange to try to apply different rules to different
      > people. But I'm probably being insufficiently nuanced again....)
      >
      > jd
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Joshua Kinberg
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 2, 2007