Re: [videoblogging]

  • Frank Sinton
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
      We were actually thinking of doing a Mefeedia Playlist for the entire
      week, and a folder for each day. Each folder in our playlists is
      available via an RSS feed or via JSON. Of course, this doesn't help
      right now.... but maybe we can start the playlist now. We will let you
      know.

      Also, BTW - there is now a "Videoblogging Week 2007" widget which
      displays the latest thumbs of the videos for use on your website...
      see the bottom of the "Latest News" on videobloggingweek.mefeedia.com
      for what it looks like and the code - you can show up 50 of the latest
      thumbs, if you want (i suggest less, though, so it doesn't take too
      long to laod - it is 6 by default)....

      We are also open to continued suggestions on how people would like to
      grab the data and videos. The team will be working on these requests
      tonight and throughout the week. Keep the feedback coming! Thanks!!!!

      -Frank

      Frank Sinton
      CEO, Mefeedia
      frank@...

      http://www.mefeedia.com - Find, Watch, and Share great videoblogs
      Our blog: http://mefeedia.com/blog

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "schlomo rabinowitz"
      <schlomo@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Schlomo
      > http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
      > http://winkshow.com
      > http://hatfactory.net
      > http://evilvlog.com
      >

      > On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > in this case it's two steps instead of one to comment, mike, but I
      > > shouldn't complain - it's a minor extra step considering the central
      > > aggregation. when i'm seeing things from the mefeedia feed, and i
      > > click the comment button in fireant, it takes me to the mefeedia
      > > page, not the original page. understandable. then from there you
      > > have to click to go to the website. that's okay.
      > >
      > > it's interesting trying to work out how many videos to have on the
      > > feed. having only the latest 60 or 100 videos downloadable into a
      > > feedreader won't help people who aren't updating every day. there's
      > > an avalanche going on out there! by the time day 7 has come around,
      > > it will be well into four figures. maybe there's a day-by-day feed
      > > solution (one feed for Apr 1 vids, one for Apr 2, etc) that has ALL
      > > the vids for those days on it - but maybe that'd be a pain in the ass
      > > to organize?
      > >
      > > Rupert
      > >
      > > Twittervlogging during Videoblogging Week 2007:
      > > http://twitter.com/ruperthowe/
      > > http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/
      > >
      > > On 2 Apr 2007, at 21:15, Mike Meiser wrote:
      > >
      > > Good point sull and rupert.
      > >
      > > Currently there's a lot of "scroll" and mefeedia only displays the
      > > latest 20 or 30 videos in the feed.
      > >
      > > You'd have to refresh your fireant feed every 30 minutes in order to
      > > keep up with all the videos.
      > >
      > > Maybe Devlon or Frank can increase the amount of items in the feed to
      > > 60 or even 100 videos.
      > >
      > > BTW, I'll have to test the feed with fireant, but could you elaborate
      > > on "it's hard to comment on the original post" or whatever it was you
      > > said. I didn't follow what was going on there.
      > >
      > > The original blog post should ALWAYS be only a click away from
      > > wherever you're viewing the video.
      > >
      > > -Mike
      > > mefeedia.com
      > > mmeiser.com/blog
      > >
      > > On 4/2/07, sull <sulleleven@... <sulleleven%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      > > > i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.
      > > >
      > > > one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
      > > > you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:
      > > >
      > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
      > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
      > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
      > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
      > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
      > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6
      > > >
      > > > but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include
      > > ALL posts.
      > > > i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
      > > > either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.

    • Rupert
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
        Frank,
        Great idea for playlist & folders.