Re: [videoblogging]

  • Mike Meiser
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
      Good point sull and rupert.

      Currently there's a lot of "scroll" and mefeedia only displays the
      latest 20 or 30 videos in the feed.

      You'd have to refresh your fireant feed every 30 minutes in order to
      keep up with all the videos.

      Maybe Devlon or Frank can increase the amount of items in the feed to
      60 or even 100 videos.

      BTW, I'll have to test the feed with fireant, but could you elaborate
      on "it's hard to comment on the original post" or whatever it was you
      said. I didn't follow what was going on there.

      The original blog post should ALWAYS be only a click away from
      wherever you're viewing the video.

      -Mike
      mefeedia.com
      mmeiser.com/blog

      On 4/2/07, sull <sulleleven@...> wrote:
      > i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.
      >
      > one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
      > you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:
      >
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6
      >
      > but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include ALL posts.
      > i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
      > either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.
      >
      > sull
      >

      > On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have seen some great things today. Trying to comment as much as
      > > possible, but the volume of videos is intense.
      > >
      > > I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
      > > FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or until
      > > I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go straight
      > > to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
      > > those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.
      > >
      > > I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
      > > on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.
      > >
      > > Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
      > > www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a blog
      > > search page.
      > >
      > > How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
      > > successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using
      > > your regular list of feeds?
      > >
      > > Rupert
      > > http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/
      > > http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/

    • Rupert
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
        in this case it's two steps instead of one to comment, mike, but I
        shouldn't complain - it's a minor extra step considering the central
        aggregation. when i'm seeing things from the mefeedia feed, and i
        click the comment button in fireant, it takes me to the mefeedia
        page, not the original page. understandable. then from there you
        have to click to go to the website. that's okay.

        it's interesting trying to work out how many videos to have on the
        feed. having only the latest 60 or 100 videos downloadable into a
        feedreader won't help people who aren't updating every day. there's
        an avalanche going on out there! by the time day 7 has come around,
        it will be well into four figures. maybe there's a day-by-day feed
        solution (one feed for Apr 1 vids, one for Apr 2, etc) that has ALL
        the vids for those days on it - but maybe that'd be a pain in the ass
        to organize?

        Rupert

        Twittervlogging during Videoblogging Week 2007:
        http://twitter.com/ruperthowe/

        On 2 Apr 2007, at 21:15, Mike Meiser wrote:

        Good point sull and rupert.

        Currently there's a lot of "scroll" and mefeedia only displays the
        latest 20 or 30 videos in the feed.

        You'd have to refresh your fireant feed every 30 minutes in order to
        keep up with all the videos.

        Maybe Devlon or Frank can increase the amount of items in the feed to
        60 or even 100 videos.

        BTW, I'll have to test the feed with fireant, but could you elaborate
        on "it's hard to comment on the original post" or whatever it was you
        said. I didn't follow what was going on there.

        The original blog post should ALWAYS be only a click away from
        wherever you're viewing the video.

        -Mike
        mefeedia.com
        mmeiser.com/blog

        On 4/2/07, sull <sulleleven@...> wrote:
        > i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.
        >
        > one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
        > you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:
        >
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6
        >
        > but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include
        ALL posts.
        > i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
        > either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.
        >
        > sull
        >

        > On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have seen some great things today. Trying to comment as much as
        > > possible, but the volume of videos is intense.
        > >
        > > I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
        > > FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or
        until
        > > I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go
        straight
        > > to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
        > > those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.
        > >
        > > I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
        > > on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.
        > >
        > > Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
        > > www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a
        blog
        > > search page.
        > >
        > > How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
        > > successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using
        > > your regular list of feeds?
        > >
        > > Rupert
        > > http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/
        > > http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/

      • schlomo rabinowitz
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
          To make life a little easier on myself (and save my hard drive from getting
          too full), I just put the rss feed into my Google Reader for easy
          scanability.

          Now I have a REALLY long list of videos to catch up on...

          Schlomo
          http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
          http://winkshow.com
          http://hatfactory.net
          http://evilvlog.com

          On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > > possible, but the volume of videos is intense.
          > > >
          > > > I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
          > > > FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or
          > until
          > > > I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go
          > straight
          > > > to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
          > > > those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.
          > > >
          > > > I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
          > > > on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.
          > > >
          > > > Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
          > > > www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a
          > blog
          > > > search page.
          > > >
          > > > How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
          > > > successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using

        • Frank Sinton
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
            We were actually thinking of doing a Mefeedia Playlist for the entire
            week, and a folder for each day. Each folder in our playlists is
            available via an RSS feed or via JSON. Of course, this doesn't help
            right now.... but maybe we can start the playlist now. We will let you
            know.

            Also, BTW - there is now a "Videoblogging Week 2007" widget which
            displays the latest thumbs of the videos for use on your website...
            see the bottom of the "Latest News" on videobloggingweek.mefeedia.com
            for what it looks like and the code - you can show up 50 of the latest
            thumbs, if you want (i suggest less, though, so it doesn't take too
            long to laod - it is 6 by default)....

            We are also open to continued suggestions on how people would like to
            grab the data and videos. The team will be working on these requests
            tonight and throughout the week. Keep the feedback coming! Thanks!!!!

            -Frank

            Frank Sinton
            CEO, Mefeedia
            frank@...

            http://www.mefeedia.com - Find, Watch, and Share great videoblogs
            Our blog: http://mefeedia.com/blog

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "schlomo rabinowitz"
            <schlomo@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > mmeiser.com/blog
            > >
            > > On 4/2/07, sull <sulleleven@... <sulleleven%40gmail.com>> wrote:
            > > > i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.
            > > >
            > > > one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
            > > > you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:
            > > >
            > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
            > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
            > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
            > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
            > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
            > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6
            > > >
            > > > but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include
            > > ALL posts.
            > > > i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
            > > > either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.

          • Rupert
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
              Frank,
              Great idea for playlist & folders.