Re: [videoblogging]

  • ryanne hodson
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
      i can only keep up with what's on twitter
      but it's been great
      i can watch stuff as it happens
      which is nice

      though mi fireant is filling up as we speak.
      crap.
      not enough time in the day...

      On 4/2/07, sull <sulleleven@...> wrote:

      > i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.
      >
      > one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
      > you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:
      >
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
      > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6
      >
      > but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include ALL posts.
      > i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
      > either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.
      >
      > sull
      >
      > On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@... <rupert%40fatgirlinohio.org>>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I have seen some great things today. Trying to comment as much as
      > > possible, but the volume of videos is intense.
      > >
      > > I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
      > > FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or until
      > > I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go straight
      > > to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
      > > those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.
      > >
      > > I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
      > > on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.
      > >
      > > Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
      > > www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a blog
      > > search page.
      > >
      > > How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
      > > successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using
      > > your regular list of feeds?
      > >
      > > Rupert
      > > http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/
      > > http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/

      Pixelodeon-June 9th & 10th
      American Film Institute (AFI) LA, CA
      From the Computer Screen to the Big Screen
      http://pixelodeonfest.com/
      --
      Author of Secrets of Videoblogging ---->http://tinyurl.com/me4vs
      Me ----> http://RyanEdit.com, http://RyanIsHungry.com

    • Mike Meiser
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
        Good point sull and rupert.

        Currently there's a lot of "scroll" and mefeedia only displays the
        latest 20 or 30 videos in the feed.

        You'd have to refresh your fireant feed every 30 minutes in order to
        keep up with all the videos.

        Maybe Devlon or Frank can increase the amount of items in the feed to
        60 or even 100 videos.

        BTW, I'll have to test the feed with fireant, but could you elaborate
        on "it's hard to comment on the original post" or whatever it was you
        said. I didn't follow what was going on there.

        The original blog post should ALWAYS be only a click away from
        wherever you're viewing the video.

        -Mike
        mefeedia.com
        mmeiser.com/blog

        On 4/2/07, sull <sulleleven@...> wrote:
        > i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.
        >
        > one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
        > you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:
        >
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
        > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6
        >
        > but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include ALL posts.
        > i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
        > either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.
        >
        > sull
        >

        > On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have seen some great things today. Trying to comment as much as
        > > possible, but the volume of videos is intense.
        > >
        > > I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
        > > FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or until
        > > I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go straight
        > > to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
        > > those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.
        > >
        > > I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
        > > on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.
        > >
        > > Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
        > > www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a blog
        > > search page.
        > >
        > > How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
        > > successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using
        > > your regular list of feeds?
        > >
        > > Rupert
        > > http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/
        > > http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/

      • Rupert
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
          in this case it's two steps instead of one to comment, mike, but I
          shouldn't complain - it's a minor extra step considering the central
          aggregation. when i'm seeing things from the mefeedia feed, and i
          click the comment button in fireant, it takes me to the mefeedia
          page, not the original page. understandable. then from there you
          have to click to go to the website. that's okay.

          it's interesting trying to work out how many videos to have on the
          feed. having only the latest 60 or 100 videos downloadable into a
          feedreader won't help people who aren't updating every day. there's
          an avalanche going on out there! by the time day 7 has come around,
          it will be well into four figures. maybe there's a day-by-day feed
          solution (one feed for Apr 1 vids, one for Apr 2, etc) that has ALL
          the vids for those days on it - but maybe that'd be a pain in the ass
          to organize?

          Rupert

          Twittervlogging during Videoblogging Week 2007:
          http://twitter.com/ruperthowe/

          On 2 Apr 2007, at 21:15, Mike Meiser wrote:

          Good point sull and rupert.

          Currently there's a lot of "scroll" and mefeedia only displays the
          latest 20 or 30 videos in the feed.

          You'd have to refresh your fireant feed every 30 minutes in order to
          keep up with all the videos.

          Maybe Devlon or Frank can increase the amount of items in the feed to
          60 or even 100 videos.

          BTW, I'll have to test the feed with fireant, but could you elaborate
          on "it's hard to comment on the original post" or whatever it was you
          said. I didn't follow what was going on there.

          The original blog post should ALWAYS be only a click away from
          wherever you're viewing the video.

          -Mike
          mefeedia.com
          mmeiser.com/blog

          On 4/2/07, sull <sulleleven@...> wrote:
          > i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.
          >
          > one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
          > you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:
          >
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6
          >
          > but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include
          ALL posts.
          > i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
          > either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.
          >
          > sull
          >

          > On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have seen some great things today. Trying to comment as much as
          > > possible, but the volume of videos is intense.
          > >
          > > I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
          > > FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or
          until
          > > I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go
          straight
          > > to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
          > > those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.
          > >
          > > I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
          > > on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.
          > >
          > > Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
          > > www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a
          blog
          > > search page.
          > >
          > > How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
          > > successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using
          > > your regular list of feeds?
          > >
          > > Rupert
          > > http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/
          > > http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/

        • schlomo rabinowitz
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
            To make life a little easier on myself (and save my hard drive from getting
            too full), I just put the rss feed into my Google Reader for easy
            scanability.

            Now I have a REALLY long list of videos to catch up on...

            Schlomo
            http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
            http://winkshow.com
            http://hatfactory.net
            http://evilvlog.com

            On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > > possible, but the volume of videos is intense.
            > > >
            > > > I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
            > > > FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or
            > until
            > > > I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go
            > straight
            > > > to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
            > > > those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.
            > > >
            > > > I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
            > > > on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.
            > > >
            > > > Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
            > > > www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a
            > blog
            > > > search page.
            > > >
            > > > How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
            > > > successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using

          • Frank Sinton
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
              We were actually thinking of doing a Mefeedia Playlist for the entire
              week, and a folder for each day. Each folder in our playlists is
              available via an RSS feed or via JSON. Of course, this doesn't help
              right now.... but maybe we can start the playlist now. We will let you
              know.

              Also, BTW - there is now a "Videoblogging Week 2007" widget which
              displays the latest thumbs of the videos for use on your website...
              see the bottom of the "Latest News" on videobloggingweek.mefeedia.com
              for what it looks like and the code - you can show up 50 of the latest
              thumbs, if you want (i suggest less, though, so it doesn't take too
              long to laod - it is 6 by default)....

              We are also open to continued suggestions on how people would like to
              grab the data and videos. The team will be working on these requests
              tonight and throughout the week. Keep the feedback coming! Thanks!!!!

              -Frank

              Frank Sinton
              CEO, Mefeedia
              frank@...

              http://www.mefeedia.com - Find, Watch, and Share great videoblogs
              Our blog: http://mefeedia.com/blog

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "schlomo rabinowitz"
              <schlomo@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > mmeiser.com/blog
              > >
              > > On 4/2/07, sull <sulleleven@... <sulleleven%40gmail.com>> wrote:
              > > > i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.
              > > >
              > > > one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
              > > > you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:
              > > >
              > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
              > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
              > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
              > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
              > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
              > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6
              > > >
              > > > but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include
              > > ALL posts.
              > > > i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
              > > > either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.

            • Rupert
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
                Frank,
                Great idea for playlist & folders.