  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2 7:38 AM
      I have seen some great things today. Trying to comment as much as
      possible, but the volume of videos is intense.

      I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
      FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or until
      I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go straight
      to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
      those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.

      I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
      on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.

      Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
      www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a blog
      search page.

      How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
      successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using
      your regular list of feeds?

      Rupert
      http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/
      http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/

    • sull
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2 8:43 AM
        i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.

        one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
        you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:

        http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
        http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
        http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
        http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
        http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
        http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6

        but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include ALL posts.
        i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
        either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.

        sull

        On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

        > I have seen some great things today. Trying to comment as much as
        > possible, but the volume of videos is intense.
        >
        > I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
        > FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or until
        > I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go straight
        > to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
        > those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.
        >
        > I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
        > on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.
        >
        > Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
        > www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a blog
        > search page.
        >
        > How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
        > successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using
        > your regular list of feeds?
        >
        > Rupert
        > http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/
        > http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/

      • ryanne hodson
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2 9:17 AM
          i can only keep up with what's on twitter
          but it's been great
          i can watch stuff as it happens
          which is nice

          though mi fireant is filling up as we speak.
          crap.
          not enough time in the day...

          On 4/2/07, sull <sulleleven@...> wrote:

          > i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.
          >
          > one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
          > you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:
          >
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
          > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6
          >
          > but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include ALL posts.
          > i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
          > either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.
          >
          > sull
          >
          > On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@... <rupert%40fatgirlinohio.org>>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I have seen some great things today. Trying to comment as much as
          > > possible, but the volume of videos is intense.
          > >
          > > I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
          > > FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or until
          > > I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go straight
          > > to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
          > > those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.
          > >
          > > I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
          > > on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.
          > >
          > > Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
          > > www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a blog
          > > search page.
          > >
          > > How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
          > > successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using
          > > your regular list of feeds?
          > >
          > > Rupert
          > > http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/
          > > http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/

          Pixelodeon-June 9th & 10th
          American Film Institute (AFI) LA, CA
          From the Computer Screen to the Big Screen
          http://pixelodeonfest.com/
          --
          Author of Secrets of Videoblogging ---->http://tinyurl.com/me4vs
          Me ----> http://RyanEdit.com, http://RyanIsHungry.com

        • Mike Meiser
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2 1:15 PM
            Good point sull and rupert.

            Currently there's a lot of "scroll" and mefeedia only displays the
            latest 20 or 30 videos in the feed.

            You'd have to refresh your fireant feed every 30 minutes in order to
            keep up with all the videos.

            Maybe Devlon or Frank can increase the amount of items in the feed to
            60 or even 100 videos.

            BTW, I'll have to test the feed with fireant, but could you elaborate
            on "it's hard to comment on the original post" or whatever it was you
            said. I didn't follow what was going on there.

            The original blog post should ALWAYS be only a click away from
            wherever you're viewing the video.

            -Mike
            mefeedia.com
            mmeiser.com/blog

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2 1:52 PM
              in this case it's two steps instead of one to comment, mike, but I
              shouldn't complain - it's a minor extra step considering the central
              aggregation. when i'm seeing things from the mefeedia feed, and i
              click the comment button in fireant, it takes me to the mefeedia
              page, not the original page. understandable. then from there you
              have to click to go to the website. that's okay.

              it's interesting trying to work out how many videos to have on the
              feed. having only the latest 60 or 100 videos downloadable into a
              feedreader won't help people who aren't updating every day. there's
              an avalanche going on out there! by the time day 7 has come around,
              it will be well into four figures. maybe there's a day-by-day feed
              solution (one feed for Apr 1 vids, one for Apr 2, etc) that has ALL
              the vids for those days on it - but maybe that'd be a pain in the ass
              to organize?

              Rupert

              Twittervlogging during Videoblogging Week 2007:
              http://twitter.com/ruperthowe/

              On 2 Apr 2007, at 21:15, Mike Meiser wrote:

              Good point sull and rupert.

              Currently there's a lot of "scroll" and mefeedia only displays the
              latest 20 or 30 videos in the feed.

              You'd have to refresh your fireant feed every 30 minutes in order to
              keep up with all the videos.

              Maybe Devlon or Frank can increase the amount of items in the feed to
              60 or even 100 videos.

              BTW, I'll have to test the feed with fireant, but could you elaborate
              on "it's hard to comment on the original post" or whatever it was you
              said. I didn't follow what was going on there.

              The original blog post should ALWAYS be only a click away from
              wherever you're viewing the video.

              -Mike
              mefeedia.com
              mmeiser.com/blog

              On 4/2/07, sull <sulleleven@...> wrote:
              > i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.
              >
              > one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
              > you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:
              >
              > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
              > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
              > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
              > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
              > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
              > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6
              >
              > but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include
              ALL posts.
              > i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
              > either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.
              >
              > sull
              >

              > On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I have seen some great things today. Trying to comment as much as
              > > possible, but the volume of videos is intense.
              > >
              > > I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
              > > FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or
              until
              > > I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go
              straight
              > > to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
              > > those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.
              > >
              > > I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
              > > on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.
              > >
              > > Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
              > > www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a
              blog
              > > search page.
              > >
              > > How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
              > > successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using
              > > your regular list of feeds?
              > >
              > > Rupert
              > > http://www.twitter.com/ruperthowe/
              > > http://twittervlog.blogspot.com/

            • schlomo rabinowitz
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2 2:07 PM
                To make life a little easier on myself (and save my hard drive from getting
                too full), I just put the rss feed into my Google Reader for easy
                scanability.

                Now I have a REALLY long list of videos to catch up on...

                Schlomo
                http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
                http://winkshow.com
                http://hatfactory.net
                http://evilvlog.com

                On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > > possible, but the volume of videos is intense.
                > > >
                > > > I subscribed to the Mefeedia videobloggingweek2007 tag feed in
                > > > FireAnt, but often it's not clear who made the video unless or
                > until
                > > > I see the ident within the video itself, and not easy to go
                > straight
                > > > to the person's vlog and comment. Also, it only seems to download
                > > > those on the front page. Maybe that's just me.
                > > >
                > > > I've also used Blip's Twitter service, but that's limited to videos
                > > > on Blip, and I'd quite like to see as wide a range as possible.
                > > >
                > > > Phil Campbell at r3wind.com recommended using http://
                > > > www.blogdigger.com which allows you to make a custom feed from a
                > blog
                > > > search page.
                > > >
                > > > How is everyone else keeping up? Anyone got any particularly
                > > > successful ways of consuming this video blizzard so far? Just using

              • Frank Sinton
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 2 2:23 PM
                  We were actually thinking of doing a Mefeedia Playlist for the entire
                  week, and a folder for each day. Each folder in our playlists is
                  available via an RSS feed or via JSON. Of course, this doesn't help
                  right now.... but maybe we can start the playlist now. We will let you
                  know.

                  Also, BTW - there is now a "Videoblogging Week 2007" widget which
                  displays the latest thumbs of the videos for use on your website...
                  see the bottom of the "Latest News" on videobloggingweek.mefeedia.com
                  for what it looks like and the code - you can show up 50 of the latest
                  thumbs, if you want (i suggest less, though, so it doesn't take too
                  long to laod - it is 6 by default)....

                  We are also open to continued suggestions on how people would like to
                  grab the data and videos. The team will be working on these requests
                  tonight and throughout the week. Keep the feedback coming! Thanks!!!!

                  -Frank

                  Frank Sinton
                  CEO, Mefeedia
                  frank@...

                  http://www.mefeedia.com - Find, Watch, and Share great videoblogs
                  Our blog: http://mefeedia.com/blog

                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "schlomo rabinowitz"
                  <schlomo@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > > mmeiser.com/blog
                  > >
                  > > On 4/2/07, sull <sulleleven@... <sulleleven%40gmail.com>> wrote:
                  > > > i just left a feedback comment on the mefeedia page.
                  > > >
                  > > > one thing i noticed about the limited feed....
                  > > > you can inlcude the page # in the url like os:
                  > > >
                  > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=1
                  > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=2
                  > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=3
                  > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=4
                  > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=5
                  > > > http://mefeedia.com/tags/videobloggingweek2007/rss2.xml?page=6
                  > > >
                  > > > but i am not sure if we can just inlcude a parameter to include
                  > > ALL posts.
                  > > > i think mefeedia allows for that but just cant recall for sure.
                  > > > either way, i am sure they can trick it out for us today.

                • Rupert
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 2 3:51 PM
                    Frank,
                    Great idea for playlist & folders.