Re: Holy freakin crap, they did it!

  • Heath
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
      considering the time and effort involved in converting your legally
      purchased DRM, music, 30 cents is a bargin. But also this is only the
      first salvo...., soon you will have a price war because now it is about
      choice, If I want to use Itunes but have a Zen, fine, I can. If I want
      to buy music from the Wal-mart site for 30 cents cheaper but play it on
      my Ipod then fine, I can.

      It's not just about the money.....it's what this could mean long
      term...that is what is exciting.....

      Heath
      http://batmangeek.com

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Rosenzweig" <rosenz@...>
      wrote:

      > On 4/2/07, Heath <heathparks@...> wrote:
      > > I can't believe they really did it,
      > > DRM free music!!!!!
      >
      > Yes, you now can spend $1.29 to buy a DRM-free copy of a song, as
      > compared to $0.99 to buy the DRM copy. Alll they did was find a way to
      > get $0.30 more from us and keep us smiling about it.
      >
      > --
      > Gary Rosenzweig
      > CleverMedia

    • Scott McNulty
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
        You're overlooking the fact that the DRM free music also has twice the
        bitrate as the DRMed version (meaning real CD quality audio). Also,
        they will still be selling albums (sans DRM) for $9.99 and all their
        music videos are ditching DRM.

        All in all, a very exciting announcement.

        --
        Scott McNulty
        I blog: