Holy freakin crap, they did it!

  • Heath
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
      I can't believe they really did it,
      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17902329/ when I first read about the
      speculation on this, I thought it was a hoax, and April Fools joke,
      like the google thing.

      DRM free music!!!!! WoW....this is huge, HUGE......one way or another
      this is huge. If it works....my mind races at the possiblities...if it
      doesn't....dark days my friends....but this is freakin cool.......

      Heath
      http://batmangeek.com
    • Gary Rosenzweig
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
        On 4/2/07, Heath <heathparks@...> wrote:
        > I can't believe they really did it,
        > DRM free music!!!!!

        Yes, you now can spend $1.29 to buy a DRM-free copy of a song, as
        compared to $0.99 to buy the DRM copy. Alll they did was find a way to
        get $0.30 more from us and keep us smiling about it.

        --
        Gary Rosenzweig
        CleverMedia
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
          considering the time and effort involved in converting your legally
          purchased DRM, music, 30 cents is a bargin. But also this is only the
          first salvo...., soon you will have a price war because now it is about
          choice, If I want to use Itunes but have a Zen, fine, I can. If I want
          to buy music from the Wal-mart site for 30 cents cheaper but play it on
          my Ipod then fine, I can.

          It's not just about the money.....it's what this could mean long
          term...that is what is exciting.....

          Heath
          http://batmangeek.com

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Rosenzweig" <rosenz@...>
          wrote:

          > On 4/2/07, Heath <heathparks@...> wrote:
          > > I can't believe they really did it,
          > > DRM free music!!!!!
          >
          > Yes, you now can spend $1.29 to buy a DRM-free copy of a song, as
          > compared to $0.99 to buy the DRM copy. Alll they did was find a way to
          > get $0.30 more from us and keep us smiling about it.
          >
          > --
          > Gary Rosenzweig
          > CleverMedia

        • Scott McNulty
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
            You're overlooking the fact that the DRM free music also has twice the
            bitrate as the DRMed version (meaning real CD quality audio). Also,
            they will still be selling albums (sans DRM) for $9.99 and all their
            music videos are ditching DRM.

            All in all, a very exciting announcement.

            --
            Scott McNulty
            I blog: