Re: [videoblogging] Re: YouTube / VBW - Thank you Mark Day!

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
      Mark, you rock. Nice plug.

      On 1 Apr 2007, at 23:14, Steve Watkins wrote:

      I'll thank you too much as I see youve posted a whole video about the
      week now:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-X7lNsaOU

      So...

      thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,
      thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you!

      Steve Elbows

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Day" <markdaycomedy@...>
      wrote:

      > Well, don't thank me too much... I plugged it in passing at the
      end of a
      > video about something else entirely.
      >
      > I'm at a wedding this weekend and am missing all the meet up fun -
      oh well.

      > If anyone wants to make a "note to self" for '08 (cough, splutter,
      yes....)
      > I would say that, of the people on YouTube who post personal vlog-
      style
      > content (and putting aside anyone's feelings about the people who
      post
      > skateboarding dogs and or leave angry comments...) I suspect that
      few of
      > them are particularly invested in the idea of pushing forward
      personal-video
      > as a medium, so much as simply getting their personal opinons out
      there
      > (compare, say, people who just get on with using their operating
      system
      > versus people who actively advocate for Linux).
      >
      > There is, for example, a fairly robust back and forth on YouTube
      at the
      > moment between aethists and - ahem - faith-based video makers. A
      much more
      > lively video conversation than you might imagine if you can't see
      past the
      > skateboarding dogs.....
      >
      > That being the case, I'm not sure myself what the "point" of
      > videobloggingweek is *to* someone on YouTube. And I'm not saying
      that in a
      > negative way, just in a "well, what's in it for them..."
      thinking-out-loud
      > sort of way... The best I can come up with off the top of my head is
      "get
      > your stuff seen by more people...." (which is, for sure, something a
      lot of
      > YouTube users can relate to....).
      >
      > Given that YouTube is an effective platform for the people who use
      it,
      > what's the elevator pitch for '08?
      >
      > Just pondering...
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > MD
      > http://markdaycomedy.blip.tv
      > http://www.youtube.com/markdaycomedy

    • Jan McLaughlin
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
        Now THAT was an introduction and invitation if ever I saw one. Whoot.

        Jan

        On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

        > Mark, you rock. Nice plug.
        >

        > On 1 Apr 2007, at 23:14, Steve Watkins wrote:
        >
        > I'll thank you too much as I see youve posted a whole video about the
        > week now:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-X7lNsaOU
        >
        > So...
        >
        > thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,
        > thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you!
        >
        > Steve Elbows
        >
        > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Day" <markdaycomedy@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Well, don't thank me too much... I plugged it in passing at the
        > end of a
        > > video about something else entirely.
        > >
        > > I'm at a wedding this weekend and am missing all the meet up fun -
        > oh well.
        > >
        > > If anyone wants to make a "note to self" for '08 (cough, splutter,
        > yes....)
        > > I would say that, of the people on YouTube who post personal vlog-
        > style
        > > content (and putting aside anyone's feelings about the people who
        > post
        > > skateboarding dogs and or leave angry comments...) I suspect that
        > few of
        > > them are particularly invested in the idea of pushing forward
        > personal-video
        > > as a medium, so much as simply getting their personal opinons out
        > there
        > > (compare, say, people who just get on with using their operating
        > system
        > > versus people who actively advocate for Linux).
        > >
        > > There is, for example, a fairly robust back and forth on YouTube
        > at the
        > > moment between aethists and - ahem - faith-based video makers. A
        > much more
        > > lively video conversation than you might imagine if you can't see
        > past the
        > > skateboarding dogs.....
        > >
        > > That being the case, I'm not sure myself what the "point" of
        > > videobloggingweek is *to* someone on YouTube. And I'm not saying
        > that in a
        > > negative way, just in a "well, what's in it for them..."
        > thinking-out-loud
        > > sort of way... The best I can come up with off the top of my head is
        > "get
        > > your stuff seen by more people...." (which is, for sure, something a
        > lot of
        > > YouTube users can relate to....).
        > >
        > > Given that YouTube is an effective platform for the people who use
        > it,
        > > what's the elevator pitch for '08?
        > >
        > > Just pondering...
        > >
        > > Cheers
        > >
        > > MD
        > > http://markdaycomedy.blip.tv
        > > http://www.youtube.com/markdaycomedy

        The Faux Press - better than real
        http://fauxpress.blogspot.com

      • Steve Garfield
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
          'A' theme:

          http://videobloggingweek2007.blogspot.com/2007/03/one-vlogosphere.html

          One vlogosphere, crossing borders, making new friends.

          Maybe this years theme... maybe the big issue is all about
          acknowleging and celebrating all the diverse aspects of videoblogging.

          Youtube and a thousand different webservices
          the world wide
          developing worlds
          developing vlogging platforms
          cheap camera's and accessibility
          cheap tools
          vlogging as simple as twittering

          Steve Garfield
          http://SteveGarfield.com
        • Steve Garfield
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
            Greatest YouTube video ever.

            --
            Steve Garfield
            http://SteveGarfield.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 3, 2007
              I've been using the MeFeedia Videobloggingweek2007 page. I couldn't
              understand why there seemed to be no comments.

              I lefty a rave for Mark Day & told a friend I thought I had a "strange
              sense of humor" because the things I found funny didn't seem too popular.

              My comment on MeFeedia didn't show up on YouTube.

              I'm glad to see 27 or more comments were posted on YouTube.

              I use the MeFeedia page so I don't miss videos posted at sites other
              than YouTube.

              I think poeple should check out the MeFeedia aggregation and leave
              some cpomments there on videos they haven't seen elsewhere. It is
              nice to have everything collected in one spot.

              We also should encourage people whose posts we might otherwise miss.

              I had fun covering the Chocolate Jesus "non-veiling" in NYC for day two.

              I've been keeping "one day ahead", having posted four videos in three
              days since I'll be attending PodCamp's opening party and event this
              coming Friday & Saturday. I can't imagine doing all that without
              falling a day behind :-)

              Randolfe (Randy) Wicker
              Hoboken, NJ (One mile fvrom the center of the known world.)
              www.RandyWickerReporting.blogspot.com

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:

              > Greatest YouTube video ever.
              >

              > On Apr 1, 2007, at 6:14 PM, Steve Watkins wrote:
              >
              > > I'll thank you too much as I see youve posted a whole video about the
              > > week now:
              > >
              > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-X7lNsaOU
              > >
              > > So...
              >
              > --
              > Steve Garfield
              > http://SteveGarfield.com

            • Mark Day
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 3, 2007
                >Posted by: "humancloner1997" rhwicker@...
                <rhwicker@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20YouTube%20%2F%20VBW%20-%20Thank%20you%20Mark%20Day%21>
                humancloner1997 <http://profiles.yahoo.com/humancloner1997>>My comment on
                MeFeedia didn't show up on YouTube.

                Comments posted on Mefeedia won't show up on a video posted on YouTube, the
                only way to post a comment on YouTube is on the YouTube interface itself.
                The technology to post "U SUCK!" remotely simply isn't in place yet....

                And before anyone gives me a Vloggie for posting my "intro to Videoblogging
                Week" video, I should point out that I posted it on my markdayresponse
                account, which is not quite the ratings juggernaut that my markdaycomedy
                account is (I keep the "comedy" account for my "show" videos, and use the
                "response" account for response videos and more off the cuff things...)

                At the same time, if anyone wants to see me have a hot accent face-off with
                Irina Slutsky on the Vloggies show...

                http://vloggies.wordpress.com/2007/03/31/accent-throw-down-with-mark-day/

                Your line, should you chose to accept it, is "bloody foreigners, sneaking
                over our borders, stealing our vlogs..."

                Cheers

                MD

                http://markdaycomedy.blip.tv
                http://www.yourtube.com/markdaycomedy