Re: YouTube / VBW - Thank you Mark Day!

  • Steve Watkins
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1 3:14 PM
      I'll thank you too much as I see youve posted a whole video about the
      week now:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-X7lNsaOU

      So...

      thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,
      thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you!

      Steve Elbows

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Day" <markdaycomedy@...>

    • groups-yahoo-com@mmeiser.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1 7:04 PM
        Thanks mark,

        We're already taking about 70 videos... not bad for the first day and
        a sunday... I still have yet to post my first video ever.

        Just catching up on the word here on the yahoo group.

        I assume we've decided on a theme? Haven't seen anything yet.

        And Mark... thank you for posting to youtube.. thanks everyone who's
        posted videos so far. Can't wait to watch them all.

        -Mike

      • Rupert
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2 12:35 AM
          Mark, you rock. Nice plug.

          wrote:

          > Well, don't thank me too much... I plugged it in passing at the
          end of a
          > video about something else entirely.
          >
          > I'm at a wedding this weekend and am missing all the meet up fun -
          oh well.

          > If anyone wants to make a "note to self" for '08 (cough, splutter,
          yes....)
          > I would say that, of the people on YouTube who post personal vlog-
          style
          > content (and putting aside anyone's feelings about the people who
          post
          > skateboarding dogs and or leave angry comments...) I suspect that
          few of
          > them are particularly invested in the idea of pushing forward
          personal-video
          > as a medium, so much as simply getting their personal opinons out
          there
          > (compare, say, people who just get on with using their operating
          system
          > versus people who actively advocate for Linux).
          >
          > There is, for example, a fairly robust back and forth on YouTube
          at the
          > moment between aethists and - ahem - faith-based video makers. A
          much more
          > lively video conversation than you might imagine if you can't see
          past the
          > skateboarding dogs.....
          >
          > That being the case, I'm not sure myself what the "point" of
          > videobloggingweek is *to* someone on YouTube. And I'm not saying
          that in a
          > negative way, just in a "well, what's in it for them..."
          thinking-out-loud
          > sort of way... The best I can come up with off the top of my head is
          "get
          > your stuff seen by more people...." (which is, for sure, something a
          lot of
          > YouTube users can relate to....).
          >
          > Given that YouTube is an effective platform for the people who use
          it,
          > what's the elevator pitch for '08?
          >
          > Just pondering...
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > MD
          > http://markdaycomedy.blip.tv
          > http://www.youtube.com/markdaycomedy

        • Jan McLaughlin
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2 5:26 AM
            Now THAT was an introduction and invitation if ever I saw one. Whoot.

            Jan

            On 4/2/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

            > Mark, you rock. Nice plug.
            >

            > On 1 Apr 2007, at 23:14, Steve Watkins wrote:
            >
            > I'll thank you too much as I see youve posted a whole video about the
            > week now:
            >
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-X7lNsaOU
            >
            > So...
            >
            > thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,
            > thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you!
            >
            > Steve Elbows
            >
            > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Day" <markdaycomedy@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Well, don't thank me too much... I plugged it in passing at the
            > end of a
            > > video about something else entirely.
            > >
            > > I'm at a wedding this weekend and am missing all the meet up fun -
            > oh well.
            > >
            > > If anyone wants to make a "note to self" for '08 (cough, splutter,
            > yes....)
            > > I would say that, of the people on YouTube who post personal vlog-
            > style
            > > content (and putting aside anyone's feelings about the people who
            > post
            > > skateboarding dogs and or leave angry comments...) I suspect that
            > few of
            > > them are particularly invested in the idea of pushing forward
            > personal-video
            > > as a medium, so much as simply getting their personal opinons out
            > there
            > > (compare, say, people who just get on with using their operating
            > system
            > > versus people who actively advocate for Linux).
            > >
            > > There is, for example, a fairly robust back and forth on YouTube
            > at the
            > > moment between aethists and - ahem - faith-based video makers. A
            > much more
            > > lively video conversation than you might imagine if you can't see
            > past the
            > > skateboarding dogs.....
            > >
            > > That being the case, I'm not sure myself what the "point" of
            > > videobloggingweek is *to* someone on YouTube. And I'm not saying
            > that in a
            > > negative way, just in a "well, what's in it for them..."
            > thinking-out-loud
            > > sort of way... The best I can come up with off the top of my head is
            > "get
            > > your stuff seen by more people...." (which is, for sure, something a
            > lot of
            > > YouTube users can relate to....).
            > >
            > > Given that YouTube is an effective platform for the people who use
            > it,
            > > what's the elevator pitch for '08?
            > >
            > > Just pondering...
            > >
            > > Cheers
            > >
            > > MD
            > > http://markdaycomedy.blip.tv
            > > http://www.youtube.com/markdaycomedy

            The Faux Press - better than real
            http://fauxpress.blogspot.com

          • Steve Garfield
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2 6:32 AM
              'A' theme:

              http://videobloggingweek2007.blogspot.com/2007/03/one-vlogosphere.html

              One vlogosphere, crossing borders, making new friends.

              Maybe this years theme... maybe the big issue is all about
              acknowleging and celebrating all the diverse aspects of videoblogging.

              Youtube and a thousand different webservices
              the world wide
              developing worlds
              developing vlogging platforms
              cheap camera's and accessibility
              cheap tools
              vlogging as simple as twittering

              Steve Garfield
              http://SteveGarfield.com
            • Steve Garfield
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2 6:36 AM
                Greatest YouTube video ever.

                --
                Steve Garfield
                http://SteveGarfield.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 3 1:08 PM
                  I've been using the MeFeedia Videobloggingweek2007 page. I couldn't
                  understand why there seemed to be no comments.

                  I lefty a rave for Mark Day & told a friend I thought I had a "strange
                  sense of humor" because the things I found funny didn't seem too popular.

                  My comment on MeFeedia didn't show up on YouTube.

                  I'm glad to see 27 or more comments were posted on YouTube.

                  I use the MeFeedia page so I don't miss videos posted at sites other
                  than YouTube.

                  I think poeple should check out the MeFeedia aggregation and leave
                  some cpomments there on videos they haven't seen elsewhere. It is
                  nice to have everything collected in one spot.

                  We also should encourage people whose posts we might otherwise miss.

                  I had fun covering the Chocolate Jesus "non-veiling" in NYC for day two.

                  I've been keeping "one day ahead", having posted four videos in three
                  days since I'll be attending PodCamp's opening party and event this
                  coming Friday & Saturday. I can't imagine doing all that without
                  falling a day behind :-)

                  Randolfe (Randy) Wicker
                  Hoboken, NJ (One mile fvrom the center of the known world.)
                  www.RandyWickerReporting.blogspot.com

                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:

                  > Greatest YouTube video ever.
                  >

                  > On Apr 1, 2007, at 6:14 PM, Steve Watkins wrote:
                  >
                  > > I'll thank you too much as I see youve posted a whole video about the
                  > > week now:
                  > >
                  > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-X7lNsaOU
                  > >
                  > > So...
                  >
                  > --
                  > Steve Garfield
                  > http://SteveGarfield.com

                • Mark Day
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 3 1:35 PM
                    >Posted by: "humancloner1997" rhwicker@...
                    <rhwicker@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20YouTube%20%2F%20VBW%20-%20Thank%20you%20Mark%20Day%21>
                    humancloner1997 <http://profiles.yahoo.com/humancloner1997>>My comment on
                    MeFeedia didn't show up on YouTube.

                    Comments posted on Mefeedia won't show up on a video posted on YouTube, the
                    only way to post a comment on YouTube is on the YouTube interface itself.
                    The technology to post "U SUCK!" remotely simply isn't in place yet....

                    And before anyone gives me a Vloggie for posting my "intro to Videoblogging
                    Week" video, I should point out that I posted it on my markdayresponse
                    account, which is not quite the ratings juggernaut that my markdaycomedy
                    account is (I keep the "comedy" account for my "show" videos, and use the
                    "response" account for response videos and more off the cuff things...)

                    At the same time, if anyone wants to see me have a hot accent face-off with
                    Irina Slutsky on the Vloggies show...

                    http://vloggies.wordpress.com/2007/03/31/accent-throw-down-with-mark-day/

                    Your line, should you chose to accept it, is "bloody foreigners, sneaking
                    over our borders, stealing our vlogs..."

                    Cheers

                    MD

                    http://markdaycomedy.blip.tv
                    http://www.yourtube.com/markdaycomedy