burying the hatchet with Rosenblum

  • Jim Long
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2007
      Some of you know me here. For those who don't, old-TV still pays my mortgage, puts clothes on my kid and feeds my family. Look, i "get" the future and I'm currently working to be part of that. Michael Rosenblum has built a business implementing the "VJ" model in stations all over the world. That model, at the end of the day, puts people out of work. That's a fact. It is what it is. It's economics, technology and other forces that are moving at breakneck speed. Faster than me, Rosenblum, labor unions or the industry can keep up with.

      Having said that, I entered into a confrontational, emotion filled discussion with Rosenblum in an online space for old-skool TV news photogs. Surprisingly, what could've eroded into a anger-filled screed, (well, for a bit it did) turned into an unusual opportunity to discover some common ground.

      http://vergenewmedia.com/2007/03/31/making-peace-with-michael-rosenblum/