Re: [videoblogging] Re: Twitter & vlogging & Twittervlog!

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 30, 2007
      OK. being succinct is hard. Elbows & MMeiser (who somehow manage to
      be both verbose AND eloquent) get yo hands on them Nokias. I think
      they wld suit your stream of consciousness. Mike, your thoughts on
      video URLs via Twitter are just like what i've set up (twitter.com/
      twittervlog) and want to experiment more with in vbweek, if i can get
      it to work well with things like Twitterific (currently not including
      URLs for some reason). Elbows, check Steve Garfield's take on N93
      and N95 at http://nokiatestcenter.blogspot.com/ - i have found mine
      amazing, particularly the wifi.
      And MAPS with LIVE POSTS, these are the kind of free mashups that
      give me an extra kick. this is the kind of stuff Leanbackvids has
      been doing for a long time, and the kind of stuff we should all be
      getting together and making happen on a dedicated further development
      group like Sull's suggested one. Few of us have time individually,
      but all of us can contribute a little. I am not the world's greatest
      coder, but I am full of ideas. And I feel I am an amateur compared
      to many of you. So. Let's make it happen pronto. We should be
      continuing the traditions of vloguniverse and vlogmap and rhizomes,
      which were done for free in people's spare time. That's what i want
      to do - make fucking cool stuff to give away - but can't even begin
      to think about doing alone. In a world where a lot of videos are
      being posted by the general public, one of the things us geeks can
      contribute to is advancing the tech and interfaces.
      I need to get back to my party. Being succinct is impossible.

      Rupert
      http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
      http://www.crowdabout.us/fatgirlinohio/myshow/

      On 30 Mar 2007, at 22:00, Steve Watkins wrote:

      Yes that would be nice for previews but I was also thinking of
      watching ntire shows through a map interface. The wii news service on
      slidshow mode is a good comparison, just lacking the video bit. The
      map would move around to the next video, play the whole thing in a
      window superimposed over the map, then when the video ends it will
      move to the next video, and move the map accordingly.

      But maybe it does work better with short stuff like twitter.

      Im starting to think that twitter really is a networked version of
      mobile text messaging, and texting on phones sure is popular.

      Would a video version of short text messages, ie extremely short video
      messages or snapshots of a moment, catch on? Not actually seen proof
      that this will happen yet but yeah, its certainly worth a go, if I
      were a VC then Id throw money at that.

      Im hopeful I might be able to get my hands on a N95 on Monday or
      Tuesday, would certainly make my participation in vlogweek more of a
      cert. Byhaving a pocketpc-based mobile for a few years Ive become
      isolated from what sorts of things the masses have as mobiles, so
      although the N95 is pretty high-end Im looking forward to getting onto
      a platform that is more widespread. I just hope it doesnt crash or be
      slow to respond as much as one or 2 people on the net have suggested
      it might.

      Cheers

      Steve Elbows
      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Meiser"
      <groups-yahoo-com@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > The closest thing I've come to seeing twitter for video is how Jan of
      > Faux Press posts her tiny little poor quality videos to her vlog from
      > her nokia phone.
      >
      > Maybe there's a huge opportunity here. Maybe someone needs to make a
      > txtamerica or a twitter for video.... how about video dodgeball? A
      > movlogging network. One that is aimed PURELY at the niche of mobile
      > video. Maybe the market is near ready?
      >
      > Are there enough people out there with video phones?
      >
      > The key would be to give users a mobile vlog which would accept video
      > only from phones... and where you could subscribe to other members
      > feeds.
      >
      > Extremely simple. Extremely twitter of video.
      >
      > The same thing could be said of flickr...
      >
      > The key is to make it exclusively for movlog content... if the video
      > can only come from phones... then it'll mean it's live up-to-the
      > minute telepresence video... no delays... as close to realtime as
      > web-time gets. If the content was fresh and you could be assured of
      > opening your phone and finding videos from only minutes earlier from
      > your friends on this service it would be quite fun and interesting.
      > The key is... is there a critical mass of mobile-vloggers.. or should
      > I say... people with mobile video phones... I imagine this would
      > appeal to many people who have mobile video phones whom aren't even
      > using them.
      >
      > So... there... there;s that... Sometime in the next three years there
      > will be atleast four mobile video social networks to recieve vc
      > funding. Mark my words. It's the business plan of tomorrow.
      >
      > Peace,
      >
      > -Mike
      >
      > On 3/30/07, sull <sulleleven@...> wrote:
      > > Jeroen was working on adding flv support from feeds into his
      project at
      > > MappedUp.com
      > > Keep an eye out.
      > > I'll ask him how its coming along.
      > >
      > > On 30 Mar 2007 11:59:26 -0700, Steve Watkins <steve@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I love this stuff to bits, love the way twittervision works, even
      > > > though Im not a fan of twitter itself really, my fractured
      > > > concentration span doesnt want things broken down into chunks
      quite
      > > > that small.
      > > >
      > > > Have dreamed of a vlogmap on steroids for a while, would love
      to see
      > > > an animated version of that with videos embedded in the map.
      > > >
      > > > Twingly floats my boat a lot too but I do so much prefer browser
      based
      > > > crossplatform stuff.
      > > >
      > > > When I used silly phrases like 'seeing stuff across time and
      space' in
      > > > the past, these are the sort of things I meant, although
      possibly with
      > > > more control over time, so the first service to offer a map
      mashed up
      > > > with a timeline, animtaed, with embedded video, wins some sort of
      > > > 'elbows not moaning for once, but congratulating' award.

      <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,

      Twitter than

      http://www.twitter.com/

    • Michael Sullivan