Re: [videoblogging] Is little brother watching you?

  • Rupert
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 6:03 AM
      > Heath wrote:
      >
      > makes me wonder has any vlogger done something put it out on the net
      > and then said..."hmmm maybe I should not have done that" and then
      > taken it down?

      Back when I was vlogging every day for a short time in 2005, I posted
      a video of my reaction to the first London bombings in 2005, which I
      took down the next day because I was afraid it seemed to personal a
      reaction, not profound enough to reflect the seriousness of what had
      happened. Also I didn't want to attract any anger from anyone, or to
      be featured on the mass of "Citizen Journalists React" pieces that
      the media went crazy with that week. Some people who had received it
      by feed wrote to me and told me that I shouldn't have taken it down,
      that it had been a real reaction and that that was important. And
      then I regretted it, but didn't feel I could put it back up. I
      thought I'd lost all my old posts, because my hard drive went down,
      but I just found them again on the Archive, so I might revlog some of
      them. Maybe I'll include that one. There was one from the day
      before, when Britain won the Olympics bid, which was a particular
      favourite of mine, because it was so 'in the moment'. Amazing how
      the mood of the whole country changed in 24 hours. I'm glad to have
      a personal record of that.