YouTube meet up SF videos/ YouTube meet up NYC announced

  • Mark Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2007
      For the few people who expressed some curiosity about the YouTube meet
      up in San Francisco, there are now any number of videos on YouTube
      chronicling the same people milling around on Pier39.

      The organizer's video is posted here

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEvoy_owET8

      And beneath that, in "comments and responses", over seventy response videos.

      Personally, I can recomment PimplyWimp's. If only because he's "in
      character" and mesing with people just a little. Whether or not he
      set out to send up the event, it's an amusing - and awkward - counter
      point.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ai3hPQ0Xs4

      My own response video lives here. In which I fail to do much
      "interacting" with other people.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEiATJFBWO0

      Meandering off on a tangent, Kevin Nalty from WillVideoForFood.com
      posted a video about a similar event in New York (and, perhaps, mildly
      sending up the original event....)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqGSRvexvFw

      So (for anyone still reading....) there's a YouTube meet-up planned in
      NYC for 7/7/7

      Not a lot of details on it at the moment, although I will mention that
      it's not organized by the same people who organized the SF event.
      I'll pass on more details as they emerge, although it's a straight-up
      "meet up". And sadly, I won't be going...

      Mark Day, watching YouTube so you don't have to....

      http://www.youtube.com/markdaycomedy
      http://www.youtube.com/markdayresponse
      http://markdaycomedy.blip.tv
      http://markdaycomedy.wordpress.com