Re: copyright

  • Heath
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 1 10:16 AM
      It depends sometimes at least for me, I use CC music but sometimes
      you just wanna use X song from Y artist because well, I like it and
      it fits the mood I am trying to convey....because it's known
      etc....but I am trying hard to get away from commerical music because
      I believe in what CC stands for......I'm trying.... ;)

      Heath
      http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David" <castingtalent@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > available under CC license. It's just as few clicks away as the
      > copyrighted stuff. And you're helping another artist who is asking
      > you to use it. I really hope people will start to see this.
      > Respecting copyright does not diminish the sharing, remix, resuse,
      > revlogging community. It's an opt-in community that can exist
      while
      > simultaneously respecting copyright, whereas if we refuse to
      respect
      > copyright that limits our choices. We can publish our works under
      > various licenses that permit others to use them. Or not. But
      that's
      > personal choice and it only makes sense to respect it. There's no
      > need to trample on the rights of someone who, for whatever reason
      > wants to protect their material. There's a growing database of
      > content that's available for reuse. Why don't we use that?
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert <rupert@> wrote:
      > >
      > > RE: what Jay wrote about breaking the habit of using commercial
      > > music... This discussion of using commercial music has changed a
      > lot
      > > from 2 years ago on this group, when from what I remember it
      > mostly
      > > seemed to revolve around whether or not you'd get busted for
      using
      > it.
      > >
      > > I don't worry about that - my films only get 100-200 views, I
      > don't
      > > have adverts, and I'd be happy to take any of them down if asked.
      > >
      > > What interests me now is whether people in this group would take
      > > dim moral view of someone like me using (yawn)Jose Gonzales on a
      > film
      > > of my daughter in the park (just because that's what I was
      > listening
      > > to that day, it fitted well, and I was pushed for time).
      > >
      > > Has the huge increase in support for CC made more people think
      > that
      > > this kind of thing is not just lazy, but Bad? Or does that only
      > > count for larger, commercial vlogs? Since i've never had a
      > negative
      > > reaction or comment, I've assumed no one cares. If you do, I'll
      > make
      > > time to source elsewhere.
      > >
      > > Rupert
      > >
      > > http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
      > > http://feeds.feedburner.com/fatgirlinohio
      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jay dedman" <jay.dedman@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >

      > > > i have had to break a bad habit of using commercial music in my
      > > videos.
      > > > its tough because ive always found it hard to not use the
      music i
      > > hear.
      > > >
      > > > Ryanne (ryanedit.com) has been making her own music in
      > Soundtrack in
      > > FCP studio.
      > > > its pretty amazing what she can make using their loops.

      > > > CCmixter a good place. wish there was more stuff to choose

    • Jan McLaughlin
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 5 6:24 AM
        The biggest problem with all this is if and when a vlogger who pirates
        decides to take the leap into more mainstream / oldstream distribution,
        rights (or lack thereof) to your materials come under intense scrutiny. Much
        of my best work is eliminated from the running because of copyright
        infringement. And that's somehow just the way I like it. Still, I cut myself
        off from that wider audience by virtue of the piracy.

        Sometimes - not often - it makes my heart / soul hurt.

        Jan