Josh Wolf, still in jail

    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 31, 2007
      I wanted to briefly remind everyone that the videoblogger, Josh Wolf
      is still in jail for not handing over tapes to a Grand jury.
      You can read about why he's in jail here: http://joshwolf.net/freejosh/

      Anyway....he will be in jail till July when the Gran Jury convenes.
      I just got around to writing him a letter. Im sure he appreciate news
      from the outside.

      Josh Wolf #98005-111 Unit J2
      FDC Dublin
      Camp Parks
      5675 8th Street
      Dublin, CA 94568

      Jay
    • Jan McLaughlin
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
        Or take it another step: send money for his defense fund.

        On 2/1/07, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

        > I wanted to briefly remind everyone that the videoblogger, Josh Wolf
        > is still in jail for not handing over tapes to a Grand jury.
        > You can read about why he's in jail here: http://joshwolf.net/freejosh/
        >
        > Anyway....he will be in jail till July when the Gran Jury convenes.
        > I just got around to writing him a letter. Im sure he appreciate news
        > from the outside.
        >
        > Josh Wolf #98005-111 Unit J2
        > FDC Dublin
        > Camp Parks
        > 5675 8th Street
        > Dublin, CA 94568

        The Faux Press - better than real
        http://fauxpress.blogspot.com

      • schlomo rabinowitz
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
          There will also be another fundraiser at my bar here in San Francisco.
          I *think* its on Feb. 6th... I'll make sure of the particulars and
          post it here. It's all about raising awareness and money for the
          cause.

          Schlomo
          http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
          http://webshots.com/is/spotlight
          http://hatfactory.net
          http://evilvlog.com

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
            On 2/1/07, schlomo rabinowitz <schlomo@...> wrote:
            > There will also be another fundraiser at my bar here in San Francisco.
            > I *think* its on Feb. 6th... I'll make sure of the particulars and
            > post it here. It's all about raising awareness and money for the
            > cause.

            good point.
            soon....Josh is about to hit the "journalist who's spent the longest
            time in jail" mark.
            a shitty title to have to carry.

            Here I am....
            http://jaydedman.com
          • miglsd27
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
              Ok, a quick reply that will probably get me in trouble but still. Schlomo told me in Milan, in
              a very funny way, "Thats very unamerican of you and I resent that :)!". Good times, Richard
              Bluestein has the recording... so here is some more of that unamericain feeling.

              I´ve writen to Josh and he wrote me back, good letters that showed me at least one thing:
              I´m not like him, don´t share all of is political ideas, but would gladly sit down with him
              and buy him a beer, and talk about what anything we want. Because he is the type of guy
              that would listen, and stand up for what he believes in. So this post <http://
              www.joshwolf.net/blog/?p=289> was like a punch in my stomach. And it still hurts a bit. I
              decided not to say anything out of the top of my head, but the recent news got me to the
              point of "fuck it". So, fuck you America.

              Fuck you America.

              Fuck the political status quo that keeps a guy in prison like this. Fuck the Presidential
              candidate that hugged Joshs mother, and that will make shit about it. Fuck´m all. It is just
              to twisted, and the state of denial you´re in is infuriating. So go vote, and think nothing of
              what is going on around you.

              Miguel Serradas Duarte.

              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                > Fuck you America.
                > Fuck the political status quo that keeps a guy in prison like this. Fuck the Presidential
                > candidate that hugged Joshs mother, and that will make shit about it. Fuck´m all. It is just
                > to twisted, and the state of denial you´re in is infuriating. So go vote, and think nothing of
                > what is going on around you.

                Come on....tell us how you really feel.
                i dont want to get into a political discussion on this list....but for
                the americans on this group like me...I here you. America, which is a
                big place full of lots of different people, is going through quite an
                identity crisis right now.

                Here I am....
                http://jaydedman.com
              • Heath
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                  Really? it looks like to me we are reliving the late 50's early
                  60's.....says the guy who likes history.....an unpopular war, groups
                  being singled out for being "unamerican", social and polital unrest,
                  the threat of an "evil" nation doing us harm.......yep, as always we
                  learn nothing from history......

                  Heath
                  http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jay dedman" <jay.dedman@...>
                  wrote:

                  > > Fuck you America.
                  > > Fuck the political status quo that keeps a guy in prison like
                  this. Fuck the Presidential
                  > > candidate that hugged Joshs mother, and that will make shit
                  about it. Fuck´m all. It is just
                  > > to twisted, and the state of denial you´re in is infuriating. So
                  go vote, and think nothing of
                  > > what is going on around you.
                  >
                  > Come on....tell us how you really feel.
                  > i dont want to get into a political discussion on this list....but
                  for
                  > the americans on this group like me...I here you. America, which is
                  > big place full of lots of different people, is going through quite
                  an
                  > identity crisis right now.

                  > Here I am....
                  > http://jaydedman.com

                • Rupert
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                    Oh, I'm posting too much, but before I go to bed...

                    There's a lot of anti-Americanism in Britain since George was
                    elected, and since the war - and since before that, too, but less
                    poisonously. Obviously it can get even worse in France and some
                    other European countries, let alone the rest of the world. Your
                    foreign policy hasn't helped - it seems State Dept decisions have
                    always been made by fourteen year olds.

                    Your constitution, though, remains a beautiful thing, despite the
                    constant attacks on it from all sides by those in power. And I love
                    America. I love all the good stuff, and there's a LOT of it. I go
                    as often as I can, and if we Brits were allowed to apply for the
                    green card lottery, I'd be applying as often as possible. (To stay a
                    few years, though, there's too many other places to go as well) Half
                    of you are crazy, thoughtless, greedy, parochial and irrational, but
                    only half. Europeans and others should never forget how close the
                    2000 election was - and that for every American in the spotlight
                    doing Bad Things, there's another American doing Good. If you speak
                    to a lot of people in Britain and I dare say in continental Europe
                    these days, you wouldn't believe it. I always make it my personal
                    mission to Correct them, Grady/Overlook style.

                    I believe in America

                    Rupert

                    http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
                    http://feeds.feedburner.com/fatgirlinohio

                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                      Um, sorry, before anyone replies, I realised I made it sound like I
                      was saying Republican half: bad, Democratic half: good - and I
                      certainly didn't mean that, nor to specify a hard political or
                      religious group divide. Nor did I really mean to specify a 50% split
                      in terms of good/bad. Obviously the good is in the majority. We
                      just never hear about them in our press or at our dinner tables!
                      GBA!
                      Goodnight!

                      On 1 Feb 2007, at 21:34, Rupert wrote:

[...]

                    • David
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                        You wrote "Half of you are crazy, thoughtless, greedy, parochial and
                        irrational, but only half." Dude the glass is half full. "Only
                        half?" And let's not forget that great swaths of the population of
                        other countries are also those things. The French may elect LePen
                        the next chance they get. This is not to say, don't criticize. But
                        it is salutary to remember that these problems are globally
                        pervasive.

                        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

                        > Um, sorry, before anyone replies, I realised I made it sound like
                        > was saying Republican half: bad, Democratic half: good - and I
                        > certainly didn't mean that, nor to specify a hard political or
                        > religious group divide. Nor did I really mean to specify a 50%
                        split
                        > in terms of good/bad. Obviously the good is in the majority. We
                        > just never hear about them in our press or at our dinner tables!
                        > GBA!
                        > Goodnight!
                        >
                        > On 1 Feb 2007, at 21:34, Rupert wrote:
                        >
                        > Oh, I'm posting too much, but before I go to bed...
                        >
                        > There's a lot of anti-Americanism in Britain since George was
                        > elected, and since the war - and since before that, too, but less
                        > poisonously. Obviously it can get even worse in France and some
                        > other European countries, let alone the rest of the world. Your
                        > foreign policy hasn't helped - it seems State Dept decisions have
                        > always been made by fourteen year olds.
                        >
                        > Your constitution, though, remains a beautiful thing, despite the
                        > constant attacks on it from all sides by those in power. And I love
                        > America. I love all the good stuff, and there's a LOT of it. I go
                        > as often as I can, and if we Brits were allowed to apply for the
                        > green card lottery, I'd be applying as often as possible. (To stay a
                        > few years, though, there's too many other places to go as well) Half
                        > of you are crazy, thoughtless, greedy, parochial and irrational, but
                        > only half. Europeans and others should never forget how close the
                        > 2000 election was - and that for every American in the spotlight
                        > doing Bad Things, there's another American doing Good. If you speak
                        > to a lot of people in Britain and I dare say in continental Europe
                        > these days, you wouldn't believe it. I always make it my personal
                        > mission to Correct them, Grady/Overlook style.
                        >
                        > I believe in America
                        >
                        > Rupert
                        >
                        > http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
                        > http://feeds.feedburner.com/fatgirlinohio

                      • Jeffrey Taylor
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                          Le Pen fools no one but the usual right wing lunatic fringe, and most
                          people looking for an alternative to Royal and Sarkozy are supporting
                          the centrist François Bayrou. Le Pen has about as much chance as Pat
                          Buchanan did in the US. Please know exactly what you're talking about
                          before you make France-bashing examples.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                            absolutely, of course you're right. i realised how simplistic i
                            sounded. ironically, i was trying to convey the opposite - so many
                            brits i talk to simplistically brand all americans as being like
                            george w bush & dick cheney while considering their own political
                            landscape infinitely more complex and dynamic. a strange socially
                            acceptable european brand of xenophobia.

                          • Loiez D.
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                              18% it's not the half
                              too much but not 51%
                              In France the danger have a name
                              Nicolas Sarkozy Bush

                              I linked the josh's video on my website
                              I don't want to be the next vlogger in jail

                              Loiez

                              Le 1 févr. 07 à 23:42, David a écrit :

                              > The French may elect LePen
                              > the next chance they get.

                            • RANDY MANN
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                                jail sucks.
                                i know.
                                stop reading this thread and write a letter.
                                show the kid hes not alone.
                                nuff said

                                randy

                                On 2/1/07, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:

                                > absolutely, of course you're right. i realised how simplistic i
                                > sounded. ironically, i was trying to convey the opposite - so many
                                > brits i talk to simplistically brand all americans as being like
                                > george w bush & dick cheney while considering their own political
                                > landscape infinitely more complex and dynamic. a strange socially
                                > acceptable european brand of xenophobia.
                                >

                                > On 1 Feb 2007, at 22:42, David wrote:
                                >
                                > You wrote "Half of you are crazy, thoughtless, greedy, parochial and
                                > irrational, but only half." Dude the glass is half full. "Only
                                > half?" And let's not forget that great swaths of the population of
                                > other countries are also those things. The French may elect LePen
                                > the next chance they get. This is not to say, don't criticize. But
                                > it is salutary to remember that these problems are globally
                                > pervasive.

                                > Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Um, sorry, before anyone replies, I realised I made it sound like
                                > > was saying Republican half: bad, Democratic half: good - and I
                                > > certainly didn't mean that, nor to specify a hard political or
                                > > religious group divide. Nor did I really mean to specify a 50%
                                > split
                                > > in terms of good/bad. Obviously the good is in the majority. We
                                > > just never hear about them in our press or at our dinner tables!
                                > > GBA!
                                > > Goodnight!
                                > >
                                > > On 1 Feb 2007, at 21:34, Rupert wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Oh, I'm posting too much, but before I go to bed...
                                > >
                                > > There's a lot of anti-Americanism in Britain since George was
                                > > elected, and since the war - and since before that, too, but less
                                > > poisonously. Obviously it can get even worse in France and some
                                > > other European countries, let alone the rest of the world. Your
                                > > foreign policy hasn't helped - it seems State Dept decisions have
                                > > always been made by fourteen year olds.
                                > >
                                > > Your constitution, though, remains a beautiful thing, despite the
                                > > constant attacks on it from all sides by those in power. And I love
                                > > America. I love all the good stuff, and there's a LOT of it. I go
                                > > as often as I can, and if we Brits were allowed to apply for the
                                > > green card lottery, I'd be applying as often as possible. (To stay a
                                > > few years, though, there's too many other places to go as well) Half
                                > > of you are crazy, thoughtless, greedy, parochial and irrational, but
                                > > only half. Europeans and others should never forget how close the
                                > > 2000 election was - and that for every American in the spotlight
                                > > doing Bad Things, there's another American doing Good. If you speak
                                > > to a lot of people in Britain and I dare say in continental Europe
                                > > these days, you wouldn't believe it. I always make it my personal
                                > > mission to Correct them, Grady/Overlook style.
                                > >
                                > > I believe in America
                                > >
                                > > Rupert
                                > >
                                > > http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
                                > > http://feeds.feedburner.com/fatgirlinohio

                              • leanbackvids
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                                  Awesome! I was going to email you and Jay to let you know I'll be in
                                  SF next week (Sun-Fri) for work training.

                                  No matter what, lets try to hook up.

                                  -Matt
                                  http://vlogmap.org

                                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "schlomo rabinowitz"
                                  <schlomo@...> wrote:

                                  > There will also be another fundraiser at my bar here in San Francisco.
                                  > I *think* its on Feb. 6th... I'll make sure of the particulars and
                                  > post it here. It's all about raising awareness and money for the
                                  > cause.
                                  >
                                  > Schlomo
                                  > http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
                                  > http://webshots.com/is/spotlight
                                  > http://hatfactory.net
                                  > http://evilvlog.com
                                • ~ FluxRostrum
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 1, 2007
                                    Make sure you have open source and/or paper trail voting procedures or you will probably get Le Pen.
                                    Bush has still not won an election. Both elections were stolen. The abundance of evidence is mind blowing.
                                    http://www.fluxview.com/Vote-Fraud.htm

                                    Josh is paying the price of decades of "good" people allowing the government they trusted to represent them to do whatever it wanted.

                                    The medium that we all work in has the power to change the problems that face US... this is the reason for the chip on my shoulder against vloggers who .. are too narcissistic in their approach. We have a powerful tool that, for the time being, is in the hands of "the people" of the world and not the governments or corporations although both have begun their process of assemilating our tool... coopting it.. to silence us and reinforce their "brand": CAPITALISM.

                                    There are alot of important storys out there just dieing to be told, maybe your the person that story has been waiting for?

                                    The online video landscpe has been changing extremely fast. When I uploaded my 1st independent online video "show" in 1999.. 1 9 9 9 .. it took DAYS to upload, you could hardly see it it was so tiny and cost hundreds of dollars in hosting even though I had hardly any traffic.. eventually the cost came down and more people began to produce their own content; the vlogisphere was a zygote... RSS feeds ... BlipTV ... Veoh.. this list ..Everything that came along for the next few years seemed to be setting the stage for destroying force fed commercial television (my main goal) .. then came the You Tube. Which I believe has both Destroyed Television AND Ruined EVERYTHING. Now it takes no talent, no money and hardly any special eqipment to crap out a video every 10 minutes if you wanted (and some do)... I think it's important to put this power in the hands of EVERYONE but I think we need to find a way to encourage EVERYONE to use their power responsibly. So, if you are hell bent on living your life infront of (or behind) a camera then .. atleast go outside and do it, you'll eventually bump into something interesting.

                                    Before Prison I corresponded with Josh, we have done similar work with our video and have faced similar issues regsrding ourt work. I have been unlawfully beaten, pepper sprayed, arrested and now MUGGED by police from multiple cities of our great land and currently I'm under a threat of arrest by the NYPD .. this is not the way I would prefer to spend my time.. I told Josh before he went in that I was proud of him but didn't think I would be strong enough to face prison for a princple when principles have become so devalued in our society... I'm sure it would be easy to feel forgotten in there, like your sacrifice was for nothing.. (hell, I feel that way much of the time on the outside)... So, if you have a stable return address to offer and don't mind Prison Guards reading your mail I'm sure Josh would love to hear from you. BUT, I think he would be more inspired by seeing how much the vlogisphere changed for the better because of his commitment and watching some informative, quality video from reformed narcissaholics when he gets out.

                                    Josh went to prison pre GooTube, pre RSS aggregator leach pandemic, pre 30 YouTube clones, pre vlogger goes Hollywood stories ... he'll be like a digital caveman in strange an wonderous world when he gets out.

                                    When he sits down at his (now outdated) computer alone for the 1st time ... ya think he'll cry?

                                    Solidarity,
                                    ~FluxRostrum
                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                    VLOG~FLUX
                                    http://FluxRostrum.BlogSpot.com
                                    ~~~
                                    Subscribe Flux
                                    http://feeds.feedburner.com/VLOGFLUX
                                    ~~~
                                    Old School
                                    http://Fluxview.com
                                    ~~~
                                    http://NOTVcollective.org
                                    ~~~
                                    NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President.
                                    ~~~

                                    Re: Josh Wolf, still in jail
                                    Posted by: "Jeffrey Taylor" thejeffreytaylor@... thegayexpat
                                    Date: Thu Feb 1, 2007 2:48 pm ((PST))

                                    Le Pen fools no one but the usual right wing lunatic fringe, and most
                                    people looking for an alternative to Royal and Sarkozy are supporting
                                    the centrist François Bayrou. Le Pen has about as much chance as Pat
                                    Buchanan did in the US. Please know exactly what you're talking about
                                    before you make France-bashing examples.

                                    On Feb 1, 2007, at 11:42 PM, David wrote:

                                    > You wrote "Half of you are crazy, thoughtless, greedy, parochial and
                                    > irrational, but only half." Dude the glass is half full. "Only
                                    > half?" And let's not forget that great swaths of the population of
                                    > other countries are also those things. The French may elect LePen
                                    > the next chance they get. This is not to say, don't criticize. But
                                    > it is salutary to remember that these problems are globally
                                    > pervasive.
                                    >
                                    > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert <rupert@...> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Um, sorry, before anyone replies, I realised I made it sound like
                                    > > was saying Republican half: bad, Democratic half: good - and I
                                    > > certainly didn't mean that, nor to specify a hard political or
                                    > > religious group divide. Nor did I really mean to specify a 50%
                                    > split
                                    > > in terms of good/bad. Obviously the good is in the majority. We
                                    > > just never hear about them in our press or at our dinner tables!
                                    > > GBA!
                                    > > Goodnight!
                                    > >
                                    > > On 1 Feb 2007, at 21:34, Rupert wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Oh, I'm posting too much, but before I go to bed...
                                    > >
                                    > > There's a lot of anti-Americanism in Britain since George was
                                    > > elected, and since the war - and since before that, too, but less
                                    > > poisonously. Obviously it can get even worse in France and some
                                    > > other European countries, let alone the rest of the world. Your
                                    > > foreign policy hasn't helped - it seems State Dept decisions have
                                    > > always been made by fourteen year olds.
                                    > >
                                    > > Your constitution, though, remains a beautiful thing, despite the
                                    > > constant attacks on it from all sides by those in power. And I love
                                    > > America. I love all the good stuff, and there's a LOT of it. I go
                                    > > as often as I can, and if we Brits were allowed to apply for the
                                    > > green card lottery, I'd be applying as often as possible. (To stay a
                                    > > few years, though, there's too many other places to go as well) Half
                                    > > of you are crazy, thoughtless, greedy, parochial and irrational, but
                                    > > only half. Europeans and others should never forget how close the
                                    > > 2000 election was - and that for every American in the spotlight
                                    > > doing Bad Things, there's another American doing Good. If you speak
                                    > > to a lot of people in Britain and I dare say in continental Europe
                                    > > these days, you wouldn't believe it. I always make it my personal
                                    > > mission to Correct them, Grady/Overlook style.
                                    > >
                                    > > I believe in America
                                    > >
                                    > > Rupert
                                    > >
                                    > > http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
                                    > > http://feeds.feedburner.com/fatgirlinohio

                                    =
                                    Wooden Jewelry Boxes, Discount Prices
                                    Jewelry box and musical box gifts from the heart. Jewelry Box Attic and Music Box Attic have over 1000 styles in stock for ship. Jewelry music boxes is our only business, always top quality.
                                    http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=c0d43fb2bc506308bb9872df7ed542bb

                                    --
                                    Powered By Outblaze
                                  • schlomo rabinowitz
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
                                      I'd love to hook up! Let me know when you get here!

                                      Also: My bar (http://houseofshileds.com), will be having a Josh Wolf
                                      Benefit on Tues. Feb 6th from 8-11pm.

                                      There will be music and a couple speakers who are down with the cause.
                                      If anyone is around the SF Bay Area, we would love for you to show up
                                      and support the cause with your hard-earned money. A percentage of
                                      the bar as well as a $5 door (though you won't be turned away if you
                                      cant afford the 5 bucks), will go to his legal fund.

                                      And if you have any books or letters you want sent to him, bring those
                                      as well and we will sent them to him!

                                      On 2/1/07, leanbackvids <leanbackvids@...> wrote:

                                      > Awesome! I was going to email you and Jay to let you know I'll be in
                                      > SF next week (Sun-Fri) for work training.
                                      >
                                      > No matter what, lets try to hook up.
                                      >
                                      > -Matt
                                      > http://vlogmap.org
                                      >
                                      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "schlomo rabinowitz"
                                      > <schlomo@...> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > There will also be another fundraiser at my bar here in San Francisco.
                                      > > I *think* its on Feb. 6th... I'll make sure of the particulars and
                                      > > post it here. It's all about raising awareness and money for the
                                      > > cause.
                                      > >
                                      > > Schlomo
                                      > > http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
                                      > > http://webshots.com/is/spotlight
                                      > > http://hatfactory.net
                                      > > http://evilvlog.com

                                    • leanbackvids
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007
                                        Perfect, I'll be there Tuesday.

                                        I arrive Sun(4pm) and depart Fri(9pm). I'm free every night after 5pm
                                        so if anyone wants to meetup, just let me know.

                                        See ya soon!