Re: anniversaries and awards [nsfw]

  • Enric
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
      Congrats!

      This got me wondering when I first put up video on the web. I edited
      a music video for a local San Francisco Bay Area band, Dorothy's
      Melting, in July, 1996. I recently found a copy of the video I made
      and put it on my current vlog site, Cirne:

      http://www.cirne.com/vlog/2006/12/18/dorothys-melting/

      I don't recall if I put it or other video ever on a website before 2001.

      But in 2000 was the 25th Anniversary of the student co-op I lived at
      during College at U.C. Berkeley called Lothlorien. I was talking with
      somneone I lived in the house about setting up a site for Lothlorien.
      The domain name Lothlorien was already taken (if you know you're
      Tolkein, it's the land of the elves.) But "lothlorienhouse.org" was
      available.

      So I setup the site, http://lothlorienhouse.org/ . Each elf clicked
      open a window for Photos, Chat, Discussion Board and on the far right
      for Video. I had made several Super-8 films when I lived at
      Lothlorien which I had transferred to video. I digitized some short
      sequences and put them up as quicktime movies:

      http://lothlorienhouse.org/loth_video78_79.html

      On the Internet Arhive WayBack Machine, they first appear on March 1, 2001

      http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://lothlorienhouse.org
      http://tinyurl.com/29dref
      http://tinyurl.com/2aojpx

      So on March 1st, 2007 will be 6 years that I will have that video on
      the web ;)

      -- Enric
      -======-
      http://www.cirne.com

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Clark" <yahoolist@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi gang,
      >
      > Today is my fifth anniversary of putting video on a blog at
      swordfight.org. Somehow, that
      > original videoblog still exists ~ http://swordfight.org/video
      >
      > This week also marks the fifth anniversary of Hot Action, a blog of
      erotic non-fiction and
      > photographs that would probably be of interest to very few people on
      this list. I've also
      > been videoblogging there for a while.
      >
      > NSFW: http://hotaction.ca
      >
      > Hot Action has been nominated in a few categories for Dirtyspoke's
      2006 Sexblog Awards,
      > including "Sexiest Sexblogger" alongside our very own Violet Blue.
      The voting closes