Jeff Pulver

  • Dean Collins
    Message 1 of 57 , Jan 30, 2007
      I woke up this morning to find this in my inbox;

      Jeff Pulver is normally a very clever guy who started VON among other
      things so this is obvioulsy legitimate just sounds/reads a bit weird.

      just passing it on.

      Cheers
      Dean

      Tomorrow morning I will be announcing an internet video contest where
      the grand prize is US$ 25,000. Submit an episode of your Internet TV
      show or a videoblog entry dealing with "How to Watch Internet TV,"
      mention Network2 in it as well, and submit a link to where we can
      find it.

      Your show doesn't have to be on Network2 to enter (though if you come
      to <http://network2.tv/addshow/> , you can submit your show for
      inclusion). Simply show us how to see your submission, published on a
      site (YouTube, Blip, Revver, or anywhere we can easily find it), and
      it counts.

      Have fun with this. If you have an ongoing show, see if you can work
      the theme into your show. If you're a videoblogger, show us your
      style. Humor helps, but follow your own path on this. We want your
      take on the topic: How to Watch Internet TV, mentioning Network2 at
      some point. Oh, and if you'd give us a link on your website, that
      would be nice, too. :)

      We'll review the submissions (due by March 9th), and announce the
      finalists around March 16th. We'll announce the winner at Spring 2007
      Video on the Net <http://www.videoonthenet.com>, in San Jose
      California, on March 20th. Grand prize gets $25,000. Second prize
      wins $10,000, and Third Prize takes $5,000 home.

      For more information, please visit: <http://pulver.com/contest>. Some
      restrictions apply, and there's plenty of rules to read over at:
      <http://pulver.com/contest/rules.html>.

      Earlier today I created a video announcing this contest and just
      posted it for viewing onYouTube: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?
      v=aC6o3uHigyM>.

      I would appreciate it if you would help spread the word about this
      contest.

      Best regards, Jeff

      p.s. Network2 and pulver.com will be hosting Networking Events in LA
      and SFO on Feb 7th and 8th. Details are posted at:
      <http://pulver.com/party/>
      Message 57 of 57 , Feb 1, 2007
        > I guess this gives you an insight into the magnitude of the 'raw
        > space' we are providing and why we are so stoked about it.
        > Tickets go on sale next week; there are 'bonuses' for early ticket
        > purchases and in addition all people purchasing tickets before 1st of
        > May will get early access to both the site and campgrounds (eg you
        > can get in on wednesday afternoon rather than have to wait for
        > Thursday morning).
        > Anything else I missed out on?

        cool...just found the FAQ:
        http://www.barcampusa.org/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ