Re: [videoblogging] Re: bad language

  • Adrian Miles
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 3, 2005
      around the 1/2/05 ryanne hodson mentioned about Re: [videoblogging]
      Re: bad language that:
      >i always wanted to know what fair dinkum ment
      >please enlighten me.

      it is probably the Australian equivalent of the North American 'real
      mccoy'. It's the real deal, we really mean it. If something is fair
      dinkum it is true, or authentic, or serious. Though the way it is
      often said you wouldn't tell that :-) You can use it as a response,
      so if something says "I saw an alien last night" you might reply
      "fair dinkum?" which means "are you serious?".

      --
      cheers
      Adrian Miles