RE: [videoblogging] Re: A Wii little problem

  • Mike Hudack
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3 10:13 AM
      Well, this is the conundrum. Flash 8 VP6 video isn't compatible with
      the Wii, with Flash Mobile or older PowerPC-based Macs (it stutters).
      On the other hand, Flash 7 video doesn't look all that hot compared to
      Flash 8. Nothing is ever easy.

    • Enric
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3 11:51 AM
        It's too bad it appears that most mobile is one or two steps behind in
        browser and video tech.

        -- Enric

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Hudack" <mike@...> wrote:

        > Well, this is the conundrum. Flash 8 VP6 video isn't compatible with
        > the Wii, with Flash Mobile or older PowerPC-based Macs (it stutters).
        > On the other hand, Flash 7 video doesn't look all that hot compared to
        > Flash 8. Nothing is ever easy.

      • J. Rhett Aultman
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3 12:15 PM
          Well, we only have so much we can work with, and it's worth remembering
          that most mobile devices are intended to serve other purposes first and be
          browsers and video players second. If the goal was just to make a great
          mobile browser and video player, it'd be easier, but hardware, battery
          power, etc, has to be dedicated to other purposes on the device (like
          maintaining a connection to a cellular network, etc), and that means
          constantly being between a rock and a hard place on the design phase.

          --
          Rhett.
          http://www.weatherlight.com/freetime