Re: John Edwards to Run for President

  • Aldon Hynes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
      FluxRostrum asks "What relationship did he [Edwards] have to that area
      [ninth ward] prior to USING it as photo op? Has he done anything to help the
      people of the area? other than lipservice?"

      Ever since hurricanes Katrina and Rita hit the gulf coast, Sen. Edwards has
      been making an issue of the lack of action by the current administration.
      In 2005, he went on a college speaking tour trying to recruit students to go
      down to New Orleans and help rebuild. See some of my comments about this on
      my blog from Oct 2005: http://www.orient-lodge.com/node/407 He has made
      many trips down there since.

      Yet he could have done more. Ideally, we should have lots of videoblogs up
      about people helping in the gulf coast, as well as other places where
      poverty is prevalent and no one is around to help. We need to give poverty
      a face in this country and videoblogs are an important tool for this.

      </rant>