Re: [videoblogging] Re: tubular, a video aggregator for youtube

  • Jan / The Faux Press
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
      Previously written:

      "Similarly, what kind of numbers would independent video podcasts do
      if they made a
      YouTube channel? That could best be answered by people/groups that
      have their videos
      both on YouTube and some non-YouTube site like blip, revver or brightcove."

      Tend to put my videos up wherever, including a few on YouTube, where I
      get bupkiss probably because I don't socialize or market there. The
      temptation was to dive in and promote on YouTube but as usual, pride
      kept me from diving into the already-crowded pool.

      Prefer the wide open spaces where pioneers go - the vlogosphere.

      Prefer freedom & choice.

      Blip gives me both on all fronts, including intellectual property,
      format, ease of use, and where I choose to call 'home'.

      I'd like to see the vlogosphere spend an intensive month invading
      YouTube and its environs & denizens, making comment and video points
      concerning the freedom of the vlogosphere and what that means. Can we
      make February or March "YouTube Month" in the vlogosphere? Let's mash
      'em up and link 'em and praise 'em like crazy. Evangelize YouTube.
      Concerted effort.

      Happy New Year!
      Jan

      --
      The Faux Press - better than real
      http://fauxpress.blogspot.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
        Happy new year all.

        I'm really glad I posted that. Jan, Bill, Enric, and Mike Moon, thanks
        for the unique perspectives.

        We need more reminders of why real people on an individual level vlog.

        It's likely if everyone responded no two responses would be the same.

        I needed the refresher course.

        -Mike

        On 1/1/07, Jan / The Faux Press <jannie.jan@...> wrote:
        > Previously written:
        >
        > "Similarly, what kind of numbers would independent video podcasts do
        > if they made a
        > YouTube channel? That could best be answered by people/groups that
        > have their videos
        > both on YouTube and some non-YouTube site like blip, revver or brightcove."
        >
        > Tend to put my videos up wherever, including a few on YouTube, where I
        > get bupkiss probably because I don't socialize or market there. The
        > temptation was to dive in and promote on YouTube but as usual, pride
        > kept me from diving into the already-crowded pool.
        >
        > Prefer the wide open spaces where pioneers go - the vlogosphere.
        >
        > Prefer freedom & choice.
        >
        > Blip gives me both on all fronts, including intellectual property,
        > format, ease of use, and where I choose to call 'home'.
        >
        > I'd like to see the vlogosphere spend an intensive month invading
        > YouTube and its environs & denizens, making comment and video points
        > concerning the freedom of the vlogosphere and what that means. Can we
        > make February or March "YouTube Month" in the vlogosphere? Let's mash
        > 'em up and link 'em and praise 'em like crazy. Evangelize YouTube.
        > Concerted effort.
        >
        > Happy New Year!
        > Jan
        >
        > --
        > The Faux Press - better than real
        > http://fauxpress.blogspot.com

      • Richard Bluestein
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
          I'd prefer to make February through December boycott youtube months
          rather then promote its name. I can't post to youtube. My account was
          'permanently banned'. You know why? Because of the idiotic censorship
          system that means anyone who hates you (I have many of those) can get
          your videos and even your user account banned from their system.
          Contrary to popular opinion, the videos I posted which got banned were
          tame, save for a few nipples. Screw Youtube. I will not participate in
          any venue which practices censorship.

          Richard Bluestein

          concerning the freedom of the vlogosphere and what that means. Can we
          > make February or March "YouTube Month" in the vlogosphere? Let's mash
          > 'em up and link 'em and praise 'em like crazy. Evangelize YouTube.
          > Concerted effort.
          >
          > Happy New Year!
          > Jan
          >
          > --
          > The Faux Press - better than real
          > http://fauxpress.blogspot.com

        • David Howell
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2007
            I concur. Why would I want to promote the efforts of a multi billion
            dollar company? They seem to be doing just fine on their own and
            certainly don't need my help in any type of promotion.

            I would prefer to promote my videos and the videos of others that
            arent relying on a mega corporation to distribute their content.

            Screw YouTube.

            David
            http://www.davidhowellstudios.com

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Bluestein"