Symbolic violence in the vlogosphere

  • R. Kristiansen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2006
      Hey all,

      To what extent are we experiencing symbolic violence in the vlogosphere? For
      one definition of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_violence

      The definitions we give videoblogging and each others as creators. The power
      of words. Words like Shows or Episodes. Talking heads. The discussions that
      keep returning to the Rocketboom mess between Baron and Congdon, or "what is
      videoblogging", or how to make money, or what tools to use.

      Last week I celebrated my own 2 year anniversary of videoblogging, and I
      have been taking stock on a few posts on http://www.dltq.org/v3 - where has
      this all left me personally, and all of us?

      What amount of symbolic violence was, for instance, the Vloggies?

      What do you think?

      Otherwise: Happy New Year!
      May your videoblogging (ad)ventures, whatever goal they have, be successfull
      and fullfilling!

      Best regards,

      Raymond M. Kristiansen
      http://dltq.org