Funny idea: blogger press corps?

  • Zack
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 28, 2006
      Hi all,

      It occurs to me that if regular people with video cameras
      were able to meet up together and collectively interview
      people, for instance famous people, the result could be
      interesting, for several reasons:

      (A) A group could probably ask more interesting questions
      of interviewees than an individual interviewer could.

      (B) If it's not staged in some way, regular people always
      have more off the wall questions than MSM people do.

      (C) The larger the group of interviewers, perhaps the
      more willing some important people would be to be
      interviewed, especially "man of the people" types.

      However there is also big risk: You know how everyone
      hates the White House Press Corps, because all they do
      is pose easy, softball questions to Bush and pals. Everyone senses
      it's staged. The risk would be that bloggers would do the same,
      or that the mainstream media would imitate them and stage
      fake populist interviews. Or the MSM could try to discredit
      the idea by staging especially unruly or disrespect-filled
      interviews.

      Zack
    • Bill Cammack
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 28, 2006
        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Zack <frigidarium@...> wrote:

        > (C) The larger the group of interviewers, perhaps the
        > more willing some important people would be to be
        > interviewed, especially "man of the people" types.
        >
        > Zack

        Interesting concept, Zack.

        What's your show?

        --
        Bill C.
        http://ems.blip.tv
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 28, 2006
          Hi Bill,
          I just do individual videos right now. I need to get
          new hardware before I do a blog.
          Zack
          http://zsmith.net

          Bill Cammack wrote:

          > --- In videoblogging@ yahoogroups. com
          > <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>, Zack <frigidarium@ ...> wrote:
          > >
          > > (C) The larger the group of interviewers, perhaps the
          > > more willing some important people would be to be
          > > interviewed, especially "man of the people" types.
          > >
          > > Zack
          >
          > Interesting concept, Zack.
          >
          > What's your show?
          >
          > --
          > Bill C.
          > http://ems.blip tv <http://ems.blip.tv>

        • Gena
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 28, 2006
            Seems okay on the surface but celebrities or wannabee celebrities
            don't really need or want our help. I don't need 17 shots of anybody
            else that forgot their knickers.

            I'd like the team approach to how does your city handle recycling or
            where do people go for a good time that doesn't involve drinking and
            drugging.

            Now if famous means folks in your area and you want to show what they
            do then heck yeah.

            There are so many stories to be told it makes me sigh for not being
            able to get to them all.

            Gena

            http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
            http://pcclibtech.blogspot.com
            http://voxmedia.org/wiki/Video

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Zack <frigidarium@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > It occurs to me that if regular people with video cameras
            > were able to meet up together and collectively interview
            > people, for instance famous people, the result could be
            > interesting, for several reasons:
            >
            > (A) A group could probably ask more interesting questions
            > of interviewees than an individual interviewer could.
            >
            > (B) If it's not staged in some way, regular people always
            > have more off the wall questions than MSM people do.
            >
            > (C) The larger the group of interviewers, perhaps the
            > more willing some important people would be to be
            > interviewed, especially "man of the people" types.
            >
            > However there is also big risk: You know how everyone
            > hates the White House Press Corps, because all they do
            > is pose easy, softball questions to Bush and pals. Everyone senses
            > it's staged. The risk would be that bloggers would do the same,
            > or that the mainstream media would imitate them and stage
            > fake populist interviews. Or the MSM could try to discredit
            > the idea by staging especially unruly or disrespect-filled
            > interviews.
            >
            > Zack

          • Paul Knight
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 28, 2006
              Damn, Gena, does that mean I have to loose my thong and do and Mr Verdi?

              Oh well

              Here goes, lol

              you may need a zoom

              Paul

              On 29 Dec 2006, at 02:58, Gena wrote:

              > Seems okay on the surface but celebrities or wannabee celebrities
              > don't really need or want our help. I don't need 17 shots of anybody
              > else that forgot their knickers.
              >
              > I'd like the team approach to how does your city handle recycling or
              > where do people go for a good time that doesn't involve drinking and
              > drugging.
              >
              > Now if famous means folks in your area and you want to show what they
              > do then heck yeah.
              >
              > There are so many stories to be told it makes me sigh for not being
              > able to get to them all.
              >
              > Gena
              >
              > http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
              > http://pcclibtech.blogspot.com
              > http://voxmedia.org/wiki/Video
              >
              > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Zack <frigidarium@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi all,
              > >
              > > It occurs to me that if regular people with video cameras
              > > were able to meet up together and collectively interview
              > > people, for instance famous people, the result could be
              > > interesting, for several reasons:
              > >
              > > (A) A group could probably ask more interesting questions
              > > of interviewees than an individual interviewer could.
              > >
              > > (B) If it's not staged in some way, regular people always
              > > have more off the wall questions than MSM people do.
              > >
              > > (C) The larger the group of interviewers, perhaps the
              > > more willing some important people would be to be
              > > interviewed, especially "man of the people" types.
              > >
              > > However there is also big risk: You know how everyone
              > > hates the White House Press Corps, because all they do
              > > is pose easy, softball questions to Bush and pals. Everyone senses
              > > it's staged. The risk would be that bloggers would do the same,
              > > or that the mainstream media would imitate them and stage
              > > fake populist interviews. Or the MSM could try to discredit
              > > the idea by staging especially unruly or disrespect-filled
              > > interviews.
              > >
              > > Zack

            • Gena
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 28, 2006
                Ooooh, I just got a visual in my head about Borat and that lime green
                monstrosity he was wearing. I need a cup of tea to wash it out of my mind.

                Naw, baby, keep the thong. I like the kind that has the elephants in
                front. I've never understood why a guy would wear an elephant head on
                his undies but I take my amusements where I find them.

                Ah, I love the new frontier.

                Gena
                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Knight <paul.knight7@...>