Re: [videoblogging] Two Things.

  • Stephanie Bryant
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
      On 11/30/06, Paul Knight <paul.knight7@...> wrote:
      > 2. I have finally done it, I have cracked it, an actual fist fight
      > between two of my characters on my one man show Space, I based my
      > ideas on Joss Weedon's techniques used in Buffy and Firefly and it
      > came out really well. Check it out on http://
      > pjkproductions.blogspot.com/2006/11/space-9-episode-5-new-hopeless.html

      Does that mean it's time to get up in arms about too much violence in
      vlogs, rotting our kids' brains? ;)

      --S

      --
      Stephanie Bryant
      Author, Videoblogging for Dummies
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
        THATS FANTASTIC!!

        Too much "woe is me" talk here about status/fame/whatever and not
        enough action. Paul, you know you work hard on your videos, so I'm
        glad you walked out your front door and told someone about it. That's
        all it takes usually: walking up to someone and saying, "I work hard
        on my stuff, just check it out!" is usually all you need to do.

        Then you let the work speak for itself. And lord knows, Paul, yours
        speak very loudly:)

        Schlomo
        http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
        http://hatfactory.net
        http://evilvlog.com

        On 11/30/06, Paul Knight <paul.knight7@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys and gals,
        >
        > Two things:
        >
        > 1. Thanks for supporting me the other day, all of you who did about
        > the BBC story, that was great, I took your encouragement to heart and
        > actually visited the Local BBC centre here in Nottingham, I showed
        > them my stuff and have a radio interview booked for next Thursday, so
        > hopefully soon we might be hearing from other people from the East
        > Midlands, asking how do I compress my video, etc. I am looking
        > forward to that.
        >
        > 2. I have finally done it, I have cracked it, an actual fist fight
        > between two of my characters on my one man show Space, I based my
        > ideas on Joss Weedon's techniques used in Buffy and Firefly and it
        > came out really well. Check it out on http://
        > pjkproductions.blogspot.com/2006/11/space-9-episode-5-new-hopeless.html
        >
        > Thanks Again.
        >
        > Paul Knight

      • Paul Knight
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
          Thanks Schlomo, Gena and Steph,

          I am actually shitting myself about this interview milarky, it is the
          first time I have been interviewed by the media, so any help in that
          field would be great.
          It should be great the BBC now has access to my videos, and they are
          thinking of putting some on their homepage.

          My main worry is that people who use Internet Explorer cannot view my
          vlog site properly. And I know that the majority of people who will
          be listening to the program will be PC users, can someone who uses
          Microsoft please visit my site and see if it is working on IE?
          please? and let me know the outcome.

          Paul knight
          http://pjkproductions.com

          On 30 Nov 2006, at 18:48, schlomo rabinowitz wrote:

          > THATS FANTASTIC!!
          >
          > Too much "woe is me" talk here about status/fame/whatever and not
          > enough action. Paul, you know you work hard on your videos, so I'm
          > glad you walked out your front door and told someone about it. That's
          > all it takes usually: walking up to someone and saying, "I work hard
          > on my stuff, just check it out!" is usually all you need to do.
          >
          > Then you let the work speak for itself. And lord knows, Paul, yours
          > speak very loudly:)
          >
          > Schlomo
          > http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
          > http://hatfactory.net
          > http://evilvlog.com
          >
          > On 11/30/06, Paul Knight <paul.knight7@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi guys and gals,
          > >
          > > Two things:
          > >
          > > 1. Thanks for supporting me the other day, all of you who did about
          > > the BBC story, that was great, I took your encouragement to heart
          > and
          > > actually visited the Local BBC centre here in Nottingham, I showed
          > > them my stuff and have a radio interview booked for next
          > Thursday, so
          > > hopefully soon we might be hearing from other people from the East
          > > Midlands, asking how do I compress my video, etc. I am looking
          > > forward to that.
          > >
          > > 2. I have finally done it, I have cracked it, an actual fist fight
          > > between two of my characters on my one man show Space, I based my
          > > ideas on Joss Weedon's techniques used in Buffy and Firefly and it
          > > came out really well. Check it out on http://
          > > pjkproductions.blogspot.com/2006/11/space-9-episode-5-new-
          > hopeless.html
          > >
          > > Thanks Again.
          > >
          > > Paul Knight

        • CarLBanks
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
            You didn't mention me!

            That's awesome news Paul! To have your videos featured on the BBC homepage
            means you will get TONS of traffic. I look forward to the day when I'll see
            Paul Knight on TV here in the States.

            I checked out your site in IE7 and will send you a screenshot of it. It
            doesn't look terribly bad though. Still usable.

            http://thenameiwantedwastaken.com

          • Tom Gosse
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
              Paul,

              I never have any trouble viewing your web site with IE.

              Irish Hermit, aka Tom Gosse
              email: hermit@...
              blog/vlog: http://videoblog.irishhermit.com
              _____

              http://pjkproductio <http://pjkproductions.com> ns.com

              <mailto:paul.knight7%40btinternet.com> btinternet.com> wrote:

              > > Hi guys and gals,
              > >
              > > Two things:
              > >
              > > 1. Thanks for supporting me the other day, all of you who did about
              > > the BBC story, that was great, I took your encouragement to heart
              > and
              > > actually visited the Local BBC centre here in Nottingham, I showed
              > > them my stuff and have a radio interview booked for next
              > Thursday, so
              > > hopefully soon we might be hearing from other people from the East
              > > Midlands, asking how do I compress my video, etc. I am looking
              > > forward to that.
              > >
              > > 2. I have finally done it, I have cracked it, an actual fist fight
              > > between two of my characters on my one man show Space, I based my
              > > ideas on Joss Weedon's techniques used in Buffy and Firefly and it
              > > came out really well. Check it out on http://
              > > pjkproductions.blogspot.com/2006/11/space-9-episode-5-new-
              > hopeless.html
              > >
              > > Thanks Again.
              > >
              > > Paul Knight

            • jonny goldstein
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
                A) Congrats

                B) I find it always helps to rehearse with a friend. Have them ask you
                questions and you respond.

                C) Break a freakin' leg.

                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Paul Knight <paul.knight7@...>
                wrote:

                > Thanks Schlomo, Gena and Steph,
                >
                > I am actually shitting myself about this interview milarky, it is the
                > first time I have been interviewed by the media, so any help in that
                > field would be great.
                > It should be great the BBC now has access to my videos, and they are
                > thinking of putting some on their homepage.
                >
                > My main worry is that people who use Internet Explorer cannot view my
                > vlog site properly. And I know that the majority of people who will
                > be listening to the program will be PC users, can someone who uses
                > Microsoft please visit my site and see if it is working on IE?
                > please? and let me know the outcome.
                >
                > Paul knight
                > http://pjkproductions.com
                >
                > On 30 Nov 2006, at 18:48, schlomo rabinowitz wrote:
                >
                > > THATS FANTASTIC!!
                > >
                > > Too much "woe is me" talk here about status/fame/whatever and not
                > > enough action. Paul, you know you work hard on your videos, so I'm
                > > glad you walked out your front door and told someone about it. That's
                > > all it takes usually: walking up to someone and saying, "I work hard
                > > on my stuff, just check it out!" is usually all you need to do.
                > >
                > > Then you let the work speak for itself. And lord knows, Paul, yours
                > > speak very loudly:)
                > >
                > > Schlomo
                > > http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
                > > http://hatfactory.net
                > > http://evilvlog.com
                > >
                > > On 11/30/06, Paul Knight <paul.knight7@...> wrote:
                > > >

                > > > Hi guys and gals,
                > > >
                > > > Two things:
                > > >
                > > > 1. Thanks for supporting me the other day, all of you who did about
                > > > the BBC story, that was great, I took your encouragement to heart
                > > and
                > > > actually visited the Local BBC centre here in Nottingham, I showed
                > > > them my stuff and have a radio interview booked for next
                > > Thursday, so
                > > > hopefully soon we might be hearing from other people from the East
                > > > Midlands, asking how do I compress my video, etc. I am looking
                > > > forward to that.
                > > >
                > > > 2. I have finally done it, I have cracked it, an actual fist fight
                > > > between two of my characters on my one man show Space, I based my
                > > > ideas on Joss Weedon's techniques used in Buffy and Firefly and it
                > > > came out really well. Check it out on http://
                > > > pjkproductions.blogspot.com/2006/11/space-9-episode-5-new-
                > > hopeless.html
                > > >
                > > > Thanks Again.
                > > >
                > > > Paul Knight

              • Gena
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 30, 2006
                  I opened M$IE7. The first time I tried to get to the site it crashed
                  on a Flash.ocx error.

                  The second time I got in no problem. I viewed a few of the videos. It
                  was kinda strange. I had to click directly on the play arrow twice to
                  get them to see the video, it was fine once I did that but ???

                  The next item of concern was when I wanted to view the comments on
                  your most recent SPACE. it took forever for the comments page to load.
                  I had to kick it in the pants before it would show the page.

                  (Duuuude, you're stone nuts by the way, and I mean that in a good way!)

                  As far as the interview is concerned think about the three most
                  important things you want to let folks know about. And maybe twenty
                  other incidentals. I'm an info-junkie so I don't worry about what to
                  talk about, it is more like containment.

                  Listen to the question, take a breath and answer.

                  Be yourself, but don't cuss on the Beeb. Tell them why you like to do
                  this, why you enjoy it, creative juices, no barriers and how you
                  learned to work and understand those daffy Americans, oh let us not
                  forget the travel advantages and opportunities.

                  You will do fine. Keep us posted and we'll find a way to tune in. But
                  like you could sneak a video or tape recorder in the room just in case
                  and podcast it later.

                  Just thinking out loud.

                  Gena
                  http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com