Re: [videoblogging] QuickTime SMIL files?

  • David Meade
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2006
      hmm works in firefox for me. I've not found a flavor of QuickTime that cant
      play it. (Haven't tested on a Mac ... but I'm told Mac users get it to work
      in SecondLife :-P )

      The following test page works for me in FireFox:
      http://www.slackspace.net/smil_test.php

      One thing I've noticed with the above script is that sometimes it may
      timeout if the RSS parser on the server can't cache the RSS feed you
      requested quickly enough. (Using the file in SecondLife you get this alot,
      but it rarely happens elsewhere)

      Also keep in mind that the script described in this blog post creates a SMIL
      based .mov file which is ever so slightly different from a 100% standard
      SMIL file. So if you're using it in a player other than QuickTime you very
      likely will have issues ... really it is neither .mov nor SMIL ... its a
      weird combination of both.

      I could go and update the script to allow for an option to output either
      standard SMIL or SMIL based .mov.

      - Dave

      http://www.DavidMeade.com