Re: Export Video and Compression

  • David Howell
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
      1. Not sure.

      2. You can export it as any size you want. Generally, most people use
      320 x 240.

      3. Dont export QT files out of Premiere. Save it as an AVI and then
      use Quicktime Pro to create your .mov.

      This page might give you some ideas about compression...

      http://quicktime.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:High_quality_at_low_bit_rates

      I follow the H.264 suggestions on that site rather closely with a few
      changes for my videos. Your mileage may vary though.

      David
      http://www.davidhowellstudios.com

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Schmidt" <cunas4@...> wrote:

      > Well I just got the Sanyo Xacti HD1-A. I love it, plus it does HD!!
      > WOO HOO!! and it is small and recored mpeg 4.
      >
      > Adobe Premiere questions:
      > 1.
      > However, adobe premiere doesn't like my mpeg 4's so I have to use
      > quicktime pro to make them .mov files. Is there a codec I have to
      > download in order for it to reconzie the mpeg4?
      >
      > 2. When I custom a project 640x480 to work well with the 640x480
      > setting on the camera and I import the file. I still have to enlarge
      > the video to take up the whole video screen. What gives?
      > I'm trying to put it up on blip.tv. Should I just used 640x480 or
      > export it as 320x240?
      >
      > 3. I need to know what the settings you use on your export function. I
      > seem to get pretty crappy quality. So can you list the specs on your
      > export files? On the video & audio? You know what I mean. The quality,
      > fps, frame rate, which codec, which audio codec.. I mean everything.
      >
      > I need some help.. holla back.. or e mail me if it is faster
      > I got some help from Mason already, but I just want to see if anyone
      > else is out there that can help me out..
      >
      > nick schmidt
      > www.schmult.com

    • Nick Schmidt
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
        Thanks I will try that out.. about the avi file.

        But if i remember when i use my quicktime pro with the avi file
        getting coverted to a H264 .. awesome thanks.

        but there is some horrible lines arcoss the video.. so the quality is
        actually worse..

        any other suggestions?

        Nick

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <taoofdavid@...>