Re: Barry Diller Jumps on the Bandwagon

  • Gena
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2006
      Ah, let's stroll down memory lane, shall we...

      Barry Diller October 2005
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/message/23746

      "People with talent and expertise at making entertainment products
      are not going to be displaced by 1,800 people coming up with their
      videos that they think are going to have an appeal."

      here the links to the quotes:
      http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,69114,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_7
      http://business2.blogs.com/business2blog/2005/10/diller_on_googl.html

      It is not so much of a jump as a lunge for the turning wheels that
      almost got away from him. I don't expect much from his projects. I
      could be wrong. I often am. I'm not in the target demographic groups
      they plan to market to. I never am.

      Hey Barry, if you and your people are still cruising the forum we
      encourage to spend that money right here at home base. There are folks
      producing videos who are talented enough get you started on the right
      foot.

      Not me. I think I just shot myself in mine. But that little voice
      inside of me that is laughing. It is that female memory thing. On the
      cellular level, we just don't forget.

      Thanks. It is good to be reminded that this is one of many future
      paths. A small group of people can change the world. May it always be so.

      It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

      Gena

      http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
      http://pcclibtech.blogspot.com
      http://voxmedia.org/wiki/Video