Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [videoblogging] glorious moment of subscription!

Expand Messages
  • Steve Garfield
    Grasshopper, Your Feedburner feed is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/WelcomeToAmyville That one you sent everybody is your stupid stupid stupid ATOM feed that
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      Grasshopper,
      Your Feedburner feed is:

      http://feeds.feedburner.com/WelcomeToAmyville

      That one you sent everybody is your stupid stupid stupid ATOM feed that
      does not support RSS 2.0 Enclosures.

      That's why Blogger users need to go over to Feedburner to use their
      SmartCast feature to support enclosures.

      SmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCast
      SmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCast
      SmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCastSmartCast
      SmartCast

      Google is so lame for not including RSS 2.0 Support in Blogger.

      I just updated the videoblogging.info post about blogger and feedburner
      to help those that follow you in your quest to add RSS 2.0 feeds to
      Blogger via Feedburner

      Check it out:

      http://tinyurl.com/45u86

      Let me know, as a new user who just went through it, if it's good
      enough for the next new person.

      Thanks,
      --Steve

      On Feb 1, 2005, at 7:08 AM, Amy Carpenter wrote:

      >
      > right...right...4hours later and I remember to add the
      > url...
      >
      > http://welcometoamyville.blogspot.com/atom.xml
      >
      > thanks raymond,
      > thanks everyone...!
      > ~A.
      >
      > --- arcarpenter <arcarpenter@...> wrote:
      >
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      >
      > ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
      > Welcome to Amyville is subscribable on me-tv.com!!!
      >
      > this is the greatest thing since I freaked out about
      > blogging last year.
      > it's like a dream come true, I can barely believe it's
      > possible -
      > subscribable videos from around the world for
      > free?!!!....my god...
      >
      > in any case, such sweeet relief.
      > thank you everyone for all of the effort...
      > I'm still working through the ANT (?) - it doesn't
      > seem to want to add
      > over there...
      >
      > so it's 2:45am the third day in. we'll see if this
      > sweet (addiction?)
      > will last...but so far, so amazing...
      >
      > thanks again,
      > ~Amy
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      > To visit your group on the web, go to:
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/
      >
      > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
      > videoblogging-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
      > Terms of Service.
      >
      >
      > =====
      > Amy Carpenter
      > Cowboygirl Productions
      >
      > 339.225.1398
      > 516 East 2nd Street
      > Box 44
      > South Boston, MA
      > 02127
      > www.cowboygirlproductions.com
      >
      >
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      --Steve
      http://stevegarfield.com
    • Joshua Kinberg
      Oops, wrong URL. You re gonna want to use your FeedBurner URL from now on: -Josh On Tue, 1 Feb 2005
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        Oops, wrong URL.
        You're gonna want to use your FeedBurner URL from now on:
        <url: http://feeds.feedburner.com/WelcomeToAmyville>

        -Josh

        On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 04:08:46 -0800 (PST), Amy Carpenter
        <arcarpenter@...> wrote:
        >
        > right...right...4hours later and I remember to add the
        > url...
        >
        > http://welcometoamyville.blogspot.com/atom.xml
        >
        > thanks raymond,
        > thanks everyone...!
        > ~A.
        >
        > --- arcarpenter <arcarpenter@...> wrote:
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        >
        > ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
        > Welcome to Amyville is subscribable on me-tv.com!!!
        >
        > this is the greatest thing since I freaked out about
        > blogging last year.
        > it's like a dream come true, I can barely believe it's
        > possible -
        > subscribable videos from around the world for
        > free?!!!....my god...
        >
        > in any case, such sweeet relief.
        > thank you everyone for all of the effort...
        > I'm still working through the ANT (?) - it doesn't
        > seem to want to add
        > over there...
        >
        > so it's 2:45am the third day in. we'll see if this
        > sweet (addiction?)
        > will last...but so far, so amazing...
        >
        > thanks again,
        > ~Amy
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        > To visit your group on the web, go to:
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/
        >
        > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        > videoblogging-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
        > Terms of Service.
        >
        > =====
        > Amy Carpenter
        > Cowboygirl Productions
        >
        > 339.225.1398
        > 516 East 2nd Street
        > Box 44
        > South Boston, MA
        > 02127
        > www.cowboygirlproductions.com
        >
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
      • Brett Gaylor
        ... Having just tried to figure this out, I would say that you should specify in step #10 that the address for the quicktime file needs to be absolute (ie with
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
        • 0 Attachment
          > Let me know, as a new user who just went through it, if it's good 
          > enough for the next new person.

          Having just tried to figure this out, I would say that you should
          specify in step #10 that the address for the quicktime file needs to be
          absolute (ie with the http://www.whatever.com)....I usually don't use
          absolute addresses, so it is a switch for some people.
        • Steve Garfield
          Thanks. I added this: The address for the QuickTime file needs to be absolute, like in this example with the http://www.website.com/ in front of your movie
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
          • 0 Attachment
            Thanks.

            I added this:

            The address for the QuickTime file needs to be absolute, like in this
            example with the http://www.website.com/ in front of your movie name.


            On Feb 1, 2005, at 9:47 AM, Brett Gaylor wrote:

            >
            >> Let me know, as a new user who just went through it, if it's good 
            >> enough for the next new person.
            >
            > Having just tried to figure this out, I would say that you should
            > specify in step #10 that the address for the quicktime file needs to be
            > absolute (ie with the http://www.whatever.com)....I usually don't use
            > absolute addresses, so it is a switch for some people.
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            --Steve
            http://stevegarfield.com
          • Amy Carpenter
            Let me know, as a new user who just went through it, if it s good enough for the next new person. hello! here are some thoughts... 1)you might say exactly
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
            • 0 Attachment
              Let me know, as a new user who just went through it,
              if it's good enough for the next new person.

              hello!
              here are some thoughts...

              1)you might say exactly WHAT the "feed" is on the
              blogger page. for some people (like me) "feed" sounds
              intuitive, but beyond that, it means nothing
              technically...it's probably overly obvious, but in
              these recipes there really is a difference between
              baking powder and baking soda...

              2)you might say, first and foremost, "SKIP THE
              SMARTFEED option and FIND THE SMARTCAST choice".
              that's coming from someone who repeatedly had flat
              cookies...

              3)publicize, not size, right?

              4)is there supposed to be that extra quotation mark in
              the code for the secret page? that is probably
              obvious, like, "duh, those are the chocolate chips",
              but I'm new in this kitchen....newwwww....

              5)you might, at the very end put up something that
              goes like this: "NOW, to invite ALL of your goofy
              friends who are clueless about everything above but
              desperately would love to subscribe to your videos,
              have them go here...and then... " That would be
              priceless.

              (sigh) thanks again, mucho-mucho...

              ~Amy of Amyville, who deleted the below information
              and chose not to swear...(;

              =====
              Amy Carpenter
              Cowboygirl Productions

              339.225.1398
              516 East 2nd Street
              Box 44
              South Boston, MA
              02127
              www.cowboygirlproductions.com




              __________________________________
              Do you Yahoo!?
              Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.
              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Steve Garfield
              ... 1. From blogger, grab your RSS or ATOM feed and copy it. To do this, sign onto your Blogger account,
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
              • 0 Attachment
                On Feb 1, 2005, at 1:49 PM, Amy Carpenter wrote:
                > 1)you might say exactly WHAT the "feed" is on the
                > blogger page. for some people (like me) "feed" sounds
                > intuitive, but beyond that, it means nothing
                > technically

                1. From blogger, grab your <a
                href="http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/aboutrss">RSS</a> or ATOM feed and
                copy it.

                To do this, sign onto your Blogger account, click on the Settings tab,
                and then click Site Feed.

                Then where it says, "Site Feed URL", you'll see something that looks
                like this:

                <span
                style="font-weight:bold;">http://offonatangent.blogspot.com/rss/
                offonatangent.xml</span>

                Copy that.

                >
                > 2)you might say, first and foremost, "SKIP THE SMARTFEED option and
                > FIND THE SMARTCAST choice".

                3. SKIP THE SMARTFEED option and FIND THE SMARTCAST choice.

                Choose the <strong>SmartCast</strong>™ option. Choose any other
                options that you might want and then click, "Update Feed."
                >
                > 3)publicize, not size, right?

                Publicize

                > 4)is there supposed to be that extra quotation mark in
                > the code for the secret page? that is probably
                > obvious, like, "duh, those are the chocolate chips",
                > but I'm new in this kitchen....newwwww....
                >

                Yay! Amy!!!

                Changed:
                <a href=""http://www.website.com/video.mov"%e2%80%9d rel="enclosure"></a>

                to:
                <a href="http://www.website.com/video.mov"%e2%80%9d rel="enclosure"></a>


                > 5)you might, at the very end put up something that
                > goes like this: "NOW, to invite ALL of your goofy
                > friends who are clueless about everything above but
                > desperately would love to subscribe to your videos,
                > have them go here...and then... " That would be
                > priceless.
                >


                NOW visitors to your site can subscribe to your videos by
                control-clicking, or right-clicking on the Feedburner chicklet image,
                copying your RSS 2.0 feed, and pasting that feed into their feedreader.

                That sounds like another lesson. ;-)


                > (sigh) thanks again, mucho-mucho...
                >
                > ~Amy of Amyville, who deleted the below information
                > and chose not to swear...(;
                >
                > =====
                > Amy Carpenter
                > Cowboygirl Productions
                >
                > 339.225.1398
                > 516 East 2nd Street
                > Box 44
                > South Boston, MA
                > 02127
                > www.cowboygirlproductions.com
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > __________________________________
                > Do you Yahoo!?
                > Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.
                > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                >
                >
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                --Steve
                http://stevegarfield.com
              • Amy Carpenter
                Changed:
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
                • 0 Attachment
                  Changed:
                  <a href=""http://www.website.com/video.mov"%ef%bf%bd
                  rel="enclosure"></a>

                  to:
                  <a href="http://www.website.com/video.mov"%ef%bf%bd
                  rel="enclosure"></a>

                  should it not instead be:

                  <a href="http://www.website.com/video.mov"
                  rel="enclosure"></a>


                  grrraaaasssshopppper! (does that make you the
                  ant?...not the ANT, but the fable ant...?hmmm...)


                  =====
                  Amy Carpenter
                  Cowboygirl Productions

                  339.225.1398
                  516 East 2nd Street
                  Box 44
                  South Boston, MA
                  02127
                  www.cowboygirlproductions.com



                  __________________________________
                  Do you Yahoo!?
                  Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • Steve Garfield
                  Grasshopper, I had it right. Love that HTML enthusiasm! --Ant ... --Steve http://stevegarfield.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Grasshopper,
                    I had it right.

                    Love that HTML enthusiasm!
                    --Ant

                    On Feb 1, 2005, at 2:55 PM, Amy Carpenter wrote:

                    >
                    > Changed:
                    > <a href=""http://www.website.com/video.mov"%c2%94
                    > rel="enclosure"></a>
                    >
                    > to:
                    > <a href="http://www.website.com/video.mov"%c2%94
                    > rel="enclosure"></a>
                    >
                    > should it not instead be:
                    >
                    > <a href="http://www.website.com/video.mov"
                    > rel="enclosure"></a>
                    >
                    >
                    > grrraaaasssshopppper! (does that make you the
                    > ant?...not the ANT, but the fable ant...?hmmm...)
                    >
                    >
                    > =====
                    > Amy Carpenter
                    > Cowboygirl Productions
                    >
                    > 339.225.1398
                    > 516 East 2nd Street
                    > Box 44
                    > South Boston, MA
                    > 02127
                    > www.cowboygirlproductions.com
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > __________________________________
                    > Do you Yahoo!?
                    > Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
                    > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    --Steve
                    http://stevegarfield.com
                  • Amy Carpenter
                    ohhh Ant, I m so sad. But relieved. so wait, which is right, and why is that extra in there? now I m confused...must go play my little grasshopper song... oh
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
                    • 0 Attachment
                      ohhh Ant, I'm so sad.
                      But relieved.
                      so wait, which is right, and why is that extra " in
                      there?
                      now I'm confused...must go play my little grasshopper
                      song...
                      oh wait, that's a cricket...
                      crud.
                      ~grasshopper.

                      --- Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:


                      ---------------------------------
                      Grasshopper,
                      I had it right.

                      Love that HTML enthusiasm!
                      --Ant

                      On Feb 1, 2005, at 2:55 PM, Amy Carpenter wrote:


                      >
                      > Changed:
                      > <a href=""http://www.website.com/video.mov"%ef%bf%bd
                      > rel="enclosure"></a>
                      >
                      > to:
                      > <a href="http://www.website.com/video.mov"%ef%bf%bd
                      > rel="enclosure"></a>
                      >
                      > should it not instead be:
                      >
                      > <a href="http://www.website.com/video.mov"
                      > rel="enclosure"></a>
                      >
                      >
                      > grrraaaasssshopppper! (does that make you the
                      > ant?...not the ANT, but the fable ant...?hmmm...)
                      >
                      >
                      > =====
                      > Amy Carpenter
                      > Cowboygirl Productions
                      >
                      > 339.225.1398
                      > 516 East 2nd Street
                      > Box 44
                      > South Boston, MA
                      > 02127
                      > www.cowboygirlproductions.com
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > __________________________________
                      > Do you Yahoo!?
                      > Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
                      > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      --Steve
                      http://stevegarfield.com



                      ---------------------------------
                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      To visit your group on the web, go to:
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/

                      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                      videoblogging-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
                      Terms of Service.



                      =====
                      Amy Carpenter
                      Cowboygirl Productions

                      339.225.1398
                      516 East 2nd Street
                      Box 44
                      South Boston, MA
                      02127
                      www.cowboygirlproductions.com



                      __________________________________
                      Do you Yahoo!?
                      Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone.
                      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
                    • Lisa Harper
                      Quick someone make a tutorial out of this! Lisa http://www.lisaharper.org On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:27:06 -0500, Steve Garfield ... -- Lisa Harper
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Quick someone make a tutorial out of this!
                        Lisa
                        http://www.lisaharper.org


                        On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:27:06 -0500, Steve Garfield
                        <steve@...> wrote:
                        >
                        >
                        > On Feb 1, 2005, at 1:49 PM, Amy Carpenter wrote:
                        > > 1)you might say exactly WHAT the "feed" is on the
                        > > blogger page. for some people (like me) "feed" sounds
                        > > intuitive, but beyond that, it means nothing
                        > > technically
                        >
                        > 1. From blogger, grab your <a
                        > href="http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/aboutrss">RSS</a> or ATOM feed and
                        > copy it.
                        >
                        > To do this, sign onto your Blogger account, click on the Settings tab,
                        > and then click Site Feed.
                        >
                        > Then where it says, "Site Feed URL", you'll see something that looks
                        > like this:
                        >
                        > <span
                        > style="font-weight:bold;">http://offonatangent.blogspot.com/rss/
                        > offonatangent.xml</span>
                        >
                        > Copy that.
                        >
                        > >
                        > > 2)you might say, first and foremost, "SKIP THE SMARTFEED option and
                        > > FIND THE SMARTCAST choice".
                        >
                        > 3. SKIP THE SMARTFEED option and FIND THE SMARTCAST choice.
                        >
                        > Choose the <strong>SmartCast</strong>™ option. Choose any other
                        > options that you might want and then click, "Update Feed."
                        > >
                        > > 3)publicize, not size, right?
                        >
                        > Publicize
                        >
                        > > 4)is there supposed to be that extra quotation mark in
                        > > the code for the secret page? that is probably
                        > > obvious, like, "duh, those are the chocolate chips",
                        > > but I'm new in this kitchen....newwwww....
                        > >
                        >
                        > Yay! Amy!!!
                        >
                        > Changed:
                        > <a href=""http://www.website.com/video.mov"" rel="enclosure"></a>
                        >
                        > to:
                        > <a href="http://www.website.com/video.mov"" rel="enclosure"></a>
                        >
                        >
                        > > 5)you might, at the very end put up something that
                        > > goes like this: "NOW, to invite ALL of your goofy
                        > > friends who are clueless about everything above but
                        > > desperately would love to subscribe to your videos,
                        > > have them go here...and then... " That would be
                        > > priceless.
                        > >
                        >
                        >
                        > NOW visitors to your site can subscribe to your videos by
                        > control-clicking, or right-clicking on the Feedburner chicklet image,
                        > copying your RSS 2.0 feed, and pasting that feed into their feedreader.
                        >
                        > That sounds like another lesson. ;-)
                        >
                        >
                        > > (sigh) thanks again, mucho-mucho...
                        > >
                        > > ~Amy of Amyville, who deleted the below information
                        > > and chose not to swear...(;
                        > >
                        > > =====
                        > > Amy Carpenter
                        > > Cowboygirl Productions
                        > >
                        > > 339.225.1398
                        > > 516 East 2nd Street
                        > > Box 44
                        > > South Boston, MA
                        > > 02127
                        > > www.cowboygirlproductions.com
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > > __________________________________
                        > > Do you Yahoo!?
                        > > Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.
                        > > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > --Steve
                        > http://stevegarfield.com
                        >
                        >
                        > Yahoo! Groups Links
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        >


                        --
                        Lisa Harper
                        http://www.lisaharper.org
                      • Steve Garfield
                        http://tinyurl.com/45u86 Tutorial made. ... --Steve http://stevegarfield.com
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 1, 2005
                        • 0 Attachment
                          http://tinyurl.com/45u86

                          Tutorial made.

                          On Feb 1, 2005, at 7:23 PM, Lisa Harper wrote:

                          > Quick someone make a tutorial out of this!
                          >
                          --Steve
                          http://stevegarfield.com
                        • Lisa Harper
                          Yea Steve!! Lisa On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:27:02 -0500, Steve Garfield ... -- Lisa Harper http://www.lisaharper.org
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 2, 2005
                          • 0 Attachment
                            Yea Steve!!
                            Lisa


                            On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:27:02 -0500, Steve Garfield
                            <steve@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > http://tinyurl.com/45u86
                            >
                            > Tutorial made.
                            >
                            > On Feb 1, 2005, at 7:23 PM, Lisa Harper wrote:
                            >
                            > > Quick someone make a tutorial out of this!
                            > >
                            > --Steve
                            > http://stevegarfield.com
                            >
                            > Yahoo! Groups Links
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            >
                            >


                            --
                            Lisa Harper
                            http://www.lisaharper.org
                          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.