yo vloggers, greetings from Bombay!

  • Rohit Gupta
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hey People,

      Thanks for letting me in -

      I'm a blogger/writer based in Bombay, and I run seven blogs, but I'll
      mention three here.
      1. Sea Eat: http://tsunamihelp.blogspot.com ( four Bloggie
      nominations, including blog of the year) more than 2 million hits.
      2. CSF: http://desimediabitch.blogspot.com (birthplace of SMS
      journalism) , mentioned in NYT, Guardian, BBC etc. more than 200K
      hits.

      3. The latest blog is http://algomantra.blogspot.com - those of you
      who would like to join this open source festival and vlog it are
      welcome!

      We're planning to get heavy into video blogging but we have several
      bandwidth and format issues. We are wondering what the best
      distribution platform is - P2P, streaming...can't decide. And it has
      to be FREE. I'll write with technical details next time, and I hope
      some of you will be kind enough to help me out.

      I also invite any of you who would like to join CSF as contributors,
      who will videoblog when they feel like in our community. We are a
      pretty big community ( 23 Admins and growing)

      More about me is at the signature link. I leave you with this flash
      video that blew my mind....

      http://www.epica-awards.com/assets/epica/2004/winners/film/flv/11071.htm

      love,
      --

      Rohit Gupta
      Bombay
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
        yay!! we have a bombay blogger on the list!!
        i want to see india vlogged now. how can we help?

        Rohit Gupta wrote:

        > Hey People,
        >
        > Thanks for letting me in -
        >
        > I'm a blogger/writer based in Bombay, and I run seven blogs, but I'll
        > mention three here.
        > 1. Sea Eat: http://tsunamihelp.blogspot.com ( four Bloggie
        > nominations, including blog of the year) more than 2 million hits.
        > 2. CSF: http://desimediabitch.blogspot.com (birthplace of SMS
        > journalism) , mentioned in NYT, Guardian, BBC etc. more than 200K
        > hits.
        >
        > 3. The latest blog is http://algomantra.blogspot.com - those of you
        > who would like to join this open source festival and vlog it are
        > welcome!
        >
        > We're planning to get heavy into video blogging but we have several
        > bandwidth and format issues. We are wondering what the best
        > distribution platform is - P2P, streaming...can't decide. And it has
        > to be FREE. I'll write with technical details next time, and I hope
        > some of you will be kind enough to help me out.
        >
        > I also invite any of you who would like to join CSF as contributors,
        > who will videoblog when they feel like in our community. We are a
        > pretty big community ( 23 Admins and growing)
        >
        > More about me is at the signature link. I leave you with this flash
        > video that blew my mind....
        >
        > http://www.epica-awards.com/assets/epica/2004/winners/film/flv/11071.htm
        >
        > love,
        > --
        >
        > Rohit Gupta
        > Bombay
        > +91 98191 07418
        > http://www.writers.net/writers/rohitgupta

      • Lisa Harper
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
          Glad you found us, Rohit. ... looking forward to seeing your vlog
          entries. To be sure the folks on this list will give you plenty of
          help.

          ...And still the artists manage to keep a balanced ration with the
          engineers in this group. :-)

          Lisa
          http://www.lisaharper.org

          On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:57:26 +0530, Rohit Gupta <fadereu@...> wrote:

          > Hey People,
          >
          > Thanks for letting me in -
          >
          > I'm a blogger/writer based in Bombay, and I run seven blogs, but I'll
          > mention three here.
          > 1. Sea Eat: http://tsunamihelp.blogspot.com ( four Bloggie
          > nominations, including blog of the year) more than 2 million hits.
          > 2. CSF: http://desimediabitch.blogspot.com (birthplace of SMS
          > journalism) , mentioned in NYT, Guardian, BBC etc. more than 200K
          > hits.
          >
          > 3. The latest blog is http://algomantra.blogspot.com - those of you
          > who would like to join this open source festival and vlog it are
          > welcome!
          >
          > We're planning to get heavy into video blogging but we have several
          > bandwidth and format issues. We are wondering what the best
          > distribution platform is - P2P, streaming...can't decide. And it has
          > to be FREE. I'll write with technical details next time, and I hope
          > some of you will be kind enough to help me out.
          >
          > I also invite any of you who would like to join CSF as contributors,
          > who will videoblog when they feel like in our community. We are a
          > pretty big community ( 23 Admins and growing)
          >
          > More about me is at the signature link. I leave you with this flash
          > video that blew my mind....
          >
          > http://www.epica-awards.com/assets/epica/2004/winners/film/flv/11071.htm
          >
          > love,
          > --
          >
          > Rohit Gupta
          > Bombay
          > +91 98191 07418
          > http://www.writers.net/writers/rohitgupta

          Lisa Harper
          http://www.lisaharper.org
        • R. Kristiansen
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
            Hello Rohit,

            Glad you made it to this list! It is an honor for me that you are
            among us. I really like your projects.

            Just a few short comments for now:

            http://www.ourmedia.org will open its doors soon. It promises free
            bandwidth and free server space. and it will be free. totally free.
            many of the people behind it are on this mailing list. check out the
            website. what do you think?

            vlogging can be SO big in India. I have a friend in Nepal too that we
            want to get to vlogging. True vlogging journalism worldwide. Outside
            the system where you have to pass through some editors who think
            target group and maybe $ before you can post your material to an
            audience.

            video online is awesome. this place is a good place for discussion
            about Concrete projects, tools, etc as well as general thoughts about
            vlogging as a medium.

            if you are on a mac check out http://www.antnottv.org if not on mac
            check out http://www.me-tv.com in either case.

            again: welcome!

            raymond

            On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:40:49 +1100, Mat <mat@...> wrote:
            > yay!! we have a bombay blogger on the list!!
            > i want to see india vlogged now. how can we help?
          • Deirdre Straughan
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
              Hi, Rohit, I'm glad to see a "fellow" Indian on the list. No, I'm not
              actually, but I went to Woodstock School in Mussoorie and a bunch of
              my classmates live in Mumbai. I would love to see video of India
              besides what I shot myself last November.

              --
              best regards,
              Deirdré Straughan