Videoblogging from the U.N. General Assembly

  • R. Kristiansen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hey all,

      I have earlier told you about one of the videoblogging projects that I have
      been involved in lately:

      In short, a friend of mine who is a youth delegate to the U.N. General
      Assembly in New York has a videoblog with updates from his experiences
      there.

      At one recent entry, we meet the Danish youth delegate having fun in what
      seems to be the room where the Security Council meets:
      http://www.unvlog.org/2006/10/03/andreas-youth-delegate-from-denmark/

      in another, we meet two other youth delegates (from Finland and Australia)
      in the room where the third committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural)
      has their meeting. The youth delegates will after the break hold their
      presentations, and we can see their nerves on edge.:
      http://www.unvlog.org/2006/10/04/lotta-from-finland-before-the-speeches/

      All of this might seem very small and petty now, but what will be
      interesting is the future development here. What will happen once the world
      can tune in to, for instance, the point of view of the Japanese or Angolan
      delegates to the U.N. General Assembly? Will we see a massive growth of
      available media from people who appear as People, and not just pieces of
      cardboard on the national/international TV?

      What do you think could/should be done to 'humanize' the U.N. and the
      political processes there?

      Best regards,

      Raymond M. Kristiansen
      http://dltq.org / http://thepan.org