Christophe from Belgium

  • christophe_bouten
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      Hallo everyone,

      My name is Christophe Bouten, and I live in Antwerp, Belgium. I have
      recently launched what people would normally define as a personal
      website, http://www.voetbalenzo.be (sorry, it is in Dutch!). But
      actually it's also a weblog, a videoblog, a small community site,
      and an intranet. Which shows that integration is perfectly possible,
      and that web content management is a broad term that can mean
      anything you want. You just have to find the right tools for the
      right job...and depending on the message you want to deliver, choose
      for words, pictures or even video shots.

      I know that it's not the purpose of this group to cover your own
      site, but I thought it could be interesting to have a short
      introduction on my own practical case. About videoblogging now. On
      one section of the site I explain my experiences in buying and
      renovating a house. I've indeed recently bought a house in Lier, and
      now people can read about it and see small video entries
      (http://www.voetbalenzo.be/index.php?id=605&backPID=456&tt_news=88)
      of what we are doing in the house.

      My major goal is to share my experiences about that whole process
      with other people. And video offers often much more possibilities to
      explain something than words. And of course it is potentially much
      more universal, much more multilingual. On my site for instance
      people without knowledge of Dutch won't be able to read my texts,
      but nevertheless they will understand where we are in the `house
      building process' when they look at the video entries. I will be
      glad to share my experiences with videoblogs in this group. Regards

      Christophe