Re: I'm a featured traveler on the new Yahoo! Current network!

  • Josh Holbreich
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hi Guys,

      Just wanted to say Hi and mention a thing...

      I work for Current in NY, and have been lurking for some time. First of
      all, Jon Rawlinson has been a fantastic contributor for us. His work is
      great, and I¹m looking forward to seeing more of his work on both the
      network itself and on our Yahoo Traveler website.

      Also, as far as the yahoo stuff goes, our requirements for delivery and
      ownership are a little different for the broadband material than they are
      for broadcast, and I¹d be happy to speak with anyone individually about
      that. We ask for non-exclusive rights, which allows you to continue posting
      on your own vlogs even if we license something from you.

      And yes, for broadcast I know our fees are far lower than ³traditional² TV.
      I used to work for a network where I¹d pay a crew for one day the same thing
      I can now pay for a completed 5 minute pod. But that¹s the way the industry
      is going, as most of you you who produce video out of your homes surely
      know.

      Josh Holbreich
      Manager, Acquisitions and Development
      Current TV
      One Penn Plaza, Suite 612
      New York, NY 10119

      www.current.tv
      http://video.yahoo.com/currenttv

      DirecTV 366
      Time Warner Digital: 103 (NY) 116 (LA)
      Comcast Channel 255 (LA) 125 (Seattle, Dallas) 107 (Most other places)