Garfield, Dasilva, Goldstein and you: Reinventing Television 10/5 10PM EST

  • jonny goldstein
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
      You are invited to participate in a live talk show that I am hosting
      and producing online at Phovi.com. It's called Reinventing Television,
      and it's about the radically destabilizing impact web video is having
      on TV as we know it. It's a strange dance, with video on the web
      leading, and traditional TV following along, lurchingly, behind the
      beat. I find it a compelling dance, and think you will too.

      This week I will have two amazing guests, Steve Garfield, the "Paul
      Revere of videoblogging," and Jason Dasilva, the Academy Award
      nominated independent documentary maker, who will discuss the state of
      the web video revolution, and it's implications for traditional
      television.

      So how does this work? Thursday, October 5, at 10PM Eastern, you can
      log in to our live web studio. Steve Garfield, Jason Dasilva, and I
      will be onscreen via our webcams. For audio, we will all be on a
      conference call with a number that we will supply. My guests and I
      will be able to talk, and you'll be able to listen in. You will be an
      integral part of the show via a live text chat where you can pose
      questions, get on your soapbox, and make brilliant observations.

      See you in the studio!
      Thursday, 10PM Eastern, October 5
      http://reinventingtv.phovi.com/studio-entrance/

      Videoliciously Yours,

      Jonny Goldstein
      Host and Producer of Reinventing Television
      http://reiventingtv.phovi.com
    • Ted Tagami
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
        I really like the thread of this idea. Jarvis <-> Garfield re:
        redefining/reinventing TV rather than being pushed out the the margins. Will
        definately try to be there

        --
        Ted Tagami
        Universus Networks, LLC

        Human Powered Expedition:
        www.expedition360.com/journal

      • jonny goldstein
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2006
          Slight correction----Guest Jason Dasilva was not Academy Award
          "nominated" but rather Academy Award "qualified," which is different.
          That's my ignorance showing in the original post---he has had his
          shown at Sundance, Tribeca, and on PBS, and in many other fine venues.

          Jonny

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Tagami" <digitalbuddha@...>

        • groups-yahoo-com@mmeiser.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
            Johnny, this rules.

            I really dig that it's a real-time webcast, however I must admit I'll
            be busy at that exact moment. I'm much more of a fan of "web-time"!
            Which as you know is email and blogging and videblogging.

            So... please tell me this will be videobloggered... and provide the
            feed so as soon as it's videoblogiobatted I will get it in my Fireant
            and be able to view it on my own time. :)

            Then in true webtime I will thoughtfully compose my response (probably
            only in text sorry:) ..and we can have ourselves a great
            vloggersation. :)

            It's still primitive, but I'm collecting vloggersations here.
            http://www.mefeedia.com/collections/55/

            -Mike

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
              We are going to try to capture it and archive it