My son now has a vlog.

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 61 , Oct 1, 2006
      Maybe it's kind of cheating--I'm doing the video editing and sometimes
      being his camera person--but the ideas for the posts are all his.
      He's six, by the way.

      http://www.duckduckdylan.com

      Enjoy!
      :)
      Susan
      http://vlog.kitykity.com
    • Roxanne Darling
      Message 61 of 61 , Oct 5, 2006
        The confusions raised in this thread are, generally speaking, things I study
        in my life, as a seeker of harmony. Which is not the same as agreement. It
        seems we easily get side-tracked talking about "facts" when what is in play
        are "feelings." I've done a few shows on the topic that I wanted to share
        with the group.

        http://www.beachwalks.tv/2006/09/20/beach-walks-210-facts-or-feelings/
        http://www.beachwalks.tv/2006/08/07/beach-walk-166-whats-your-preference/
        http://www.beachwalks.tv/2006/07/06/beach-walk-134-making-up-stories/

        In my world, there are relatively few black and white facts, and a rich
        abundance of perspectives and preferences. These same issues have been
        triggered by the vloggies. The culture traditionally has valued the supposed
        "facts" over feelings but this really breaks down when we discover that 99%
        of what is claimed to be a fact, is actually a perspective infused with
        feelings.

        In this thread, "videoblog" is being used as a noun, a verb, and a vehicle
        for feelings. The video part is straightforward I think; the blog part
        usually refers to content that can be syndicated via RSS, and the rest is
        pretty much opinion! Which means everyone gets to be right. :-)

        Aloha,

        Rox

        On 10/4/06, Mike Meiser <groups-yahoo-com@...> wrote:

        > I don't know if this will help. But videoblog is a verb, or at least CAN
        > be
        > used as a verb.
        >
        > Therefore, it's not just a thing. It's something you do. Like talking or
        > yelling. The difference between the two is only by DEGREE. Meaning it's
        > all
        > RELATIVE.
        >
        > Ted gave the example of "old". Are you young, under 25, or and old guy
        > like
        > ted? :)
        >
        > LOL, sorry ted, you brought it up.
        >
        > Well if you're 26 many might disagree that your old, especially you.
        >
        > So... is this videoblog actually a videoblog. On a scale of 1-10. Ten
        > being
        > a videoblog and one being a home movie tape... I give it a 9.99 because
        > the
        > kid isn't old enough to shoot the video himself.
        >
        > ...and then I'll laugh, and appologize to rocketboom and every other
        > videoblog that isn't shot by the person on it for implying that they're
        > any
        > the lesser.
        >
        > So. I'm going to go "videoblog" something. Is that OK with you?
        >
        > Notice I've used it as a verb. It is an act, something you do.
        >
        > You can't movie, and you can't TV, or "home movie" for that matter either.
        > But you can videoblog.
        >
        > Next time you consider videoblogging. Consider that the difference between
        > videoblog and anything else like the difference between talking and
        > yelling,
        > also verbs.
        >
        > And then consider this ancient argument.
        >
        > Stop yelling at me!
        > >
        > > I'm not yelling at you, I'm talking!
        > >
        > > Yes you did!
        > >
        > > I merely raised my voice!
        > >

        > Now consider your argument sounds just as silly, because though people
        > have
        > been arguing the difference between talking and yelling for centuries
        > we've
        > never been able to come up with an exact decible level between the two.
        >
        > I'm sure there are hundreds of scientists working on the issue, but we'll
        > never know exactly what yelling is.
        >
        > It so saddens me.
        >
        > I's just like this vlogging thing.
        >
        > I cry myself to sleep at night.
        >
        > That's if I sleep at all. ;(
        >
        > -MIke
        >

        > On 10/4/06, Digital Buddha <digitalbuddha@...<digitalbuddha%40gmail.com>>
        > wrote:
        > > Andy,
        > >
        > > You keep trying to define videoblogging as the "contents" of the "box"
        > when
        > > videoblogging is the "box" itself. I think once you remove your
        > prejudice
        > of
        > > content, you will see a videoblog as a videoblog.
        > >
        > > The videoblog is the FUNCTION not the FORM.
        > >
        > > Best,
        > >
        > > - Ted

> [...]

        Roxanne Darling

        http://www.beachwalks.tv