Re: [videoblogging] Live videoblogging -- Anybody doing it?

  • Michael Sullivan
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
      i know.  ;-)
      that's where its all heading though.  social devices.

      On 9/1/06, Steve Garfield <steve@... > wrote:
      Umm...

      The Instant Share Cam is not real.

      Yet.

      On Sep 1, 2006, at 3:10 PM, Rick Rey wrote:

      > I responded to Andreas before reading this and I pretty much said the
      > same thing. Though I don't necessarily think we have to abandon
      > vlogging technologies to embrace live broadcasting models. Can't we
      > have our cake and eat it, too? The Instant Share Cam is great example
      > of how we might make this happen (all costs aside) -- thanks for
      > sharing that.
      >
      > Rick
      >
      > On 9/1/06, Michael Sullivan < sulleleven@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> its more than just different technology, its a different purpose
      >> and mindset... one that i have mostly abandoned over the past 3
      >> years, replaced with things like bittorrent, playlists, blogs and
      >> aggregation etc.
      >>
      >> sull

      Steve Garfield
      http://SteveGarfield.com

      Learn Podcasting FREE at PodCamp Boston, Sept 9/10
      http://www.PodCamp.org

      Watch Vlog Soup: A video tour of the vlogosphere
      http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/vlogsoup/

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Sull
      http://vlogdir.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
        I'd like to help on VlogEurope Live. Vloggercon had a feed going out that worked well, let's do it again. I'll post to wiki

        On 9/1/06, Deirdre Straughan <deirdre.straughan@...> wrote:

        Live could be a different kind of fun, though time zones can make it hard for many of us, as we already know from the videoconferences.

        Let's see what we can do to broadcast at least parts of this year's vlogEurope live...

        best regards,
        Deirdré Straughan

        www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
        www.tvblob.com (work)

        --
        Ted Tagami
        Founding Partner

        U N I V E R S U S . N E T
        Video Bloggers Podcasting
      • Steve Garfield
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
          I know you know...

          That's what I've been experimenting with while using the Nokia N93.
          It shoots amazing video and can post directly to a blog using
          Lifeblog from the phone on a WiFi connection.

          All I need to do to get it working is figure out the posting error
          message I'm getting back from TypePad when I try that.

          I used the web interface of Hipcast though and posted video over free
          WiFi from the sidewalk.

          That is the future...

          --
          Steve Garfield
          http://SteveGarfield.com

          Learn Podcasting FREE at PodCamp Boston, Sept 9/10
          http://www.PodCamp.org

          Watch Vlog Soup: A video tour of the vlogosphere
          http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/vlogsoup/
        • Dorothy Littlejohn
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
            Well that Burning Man site

            will be doing a live satellite broadcast saturday night. There doesn't appear to be a way to participate by the viewer, but perhaps that's just a setting that can be changed?