Re: [videoblogging] Live videoblogging -- Anybody doing it?

  • Rick Rey
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1 12:10 PM
      I responded to Andreas before reading this and I pretty much said the
      same thing. Though I don't necessarily think we have to abandon
      vlogging technologies to embrace live broadcasting models. Can't we
      have our cake and eat it, too? The Instant Share Cam is great example
      of how we might make this happen (all costs aside) -- thanks for
      sharing that.

      Rick

      On 9/1/06, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...> wrote:

      > its more than just different technology, its a different purpose and mindset... one that i have mostly abandoned over the past 3 years, replaced with things like bittorrent, playlists, blogs and aggregation etc.
      >
      > sull
    • Steve Garfield
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 1 12:33 PM
        Umm...

        The Instant Share Cam is not real.

        Yet.

        On Sep 1, 2006, at 3:10 PM, Rick Rey wrote:

        > I responded to Andreas before reading this and I pretty much said the
        > same thing. Though I don't necessarily think we have to abandon
        > vlogging technologies to embrace live broadcasting models. Can't we
        > have our cake and eat it, too? The Instant Share Cam is great example
        > of how we might make this happen (all costs aside) -- thanks for
        > sharing that.
        >
        > Rick
        >
        > On 9/1/06, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> its more than just different technology, its a different purpose
        >> and mindset... one that i have mostly abandoned over the past 3
        >> years, replaced with things like bittorrent, playlists, blogs and
        >> aggregation etc.
        >>
        >> sull

        Steve Garfield
        http://SteveGarfield.com

        Learn Podcasting FREE at PodCamp Boston, Sept 9/10
        http://www.PodCamp.org

        Watch Vlog Soup: A video tour of the vlogosphere
        http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/vlogsoup/
      • Michael Sullivan
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 1 12:48 PM
          i know.  ;-)
          that's where its all heading though.  social devices.

          On 9/1/06, Steve Garfield <steve@... > wrote:
          Umm...

          The Instant Share Cam is not real.

          Yet.

          On Sep 1, 2006, at 3:10 PM, Rick Rey wrote:

          > I responded to Andreas before reading this and I pretty much said the
          > same thing. Though I don't necessarily think we have to abandon
          > vlogging technologies to embrace live broadcasting models. Can't we
          > have our cake and eat it, too? The Instant Share Cam is great example
          > of how we might make this happen (all costs aside) -- thanks for
          > sharing that.
          >
          > Rick
          >
          > On 9/1/06, Michael Sullivan < sulleleven@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> its more than just different technology, its a different purpose
          >> and mindset... one that i have mostly abandoned over the past 3
          >> years, replaced with things like bittorrent, playlists, blogs and
          >> aggregation etc.
          >>
          >> sull

          Steve Garfield
          http://SteveGarfield.com

          Learn Podcasting FREE at PodCamp Boston, Sept 9/10
          http://www.PodCamp.org

          Watch Vlog Soup: A video tour of the vlogosphere
          http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/vlogsoup/

          Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          Sull
          http://vlogdir.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 1 12:48 PM
            I'd like to help on VlogEurope Live. Vloggercon had a feed going out that worked well, let's do it again. I'll post to wiki

            On 9/1/06, Deirdre Straughan <deirdre.straughan@...> wrote:

            Live could be a different kind of fun, though time zones can make it hard for many of us, as we already know from the videoconferences.

            Let's see what we can do to broadcast at least parts of this year's vlogEurope live...

            best regards,
            Deirdré Straughan

            www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
            www.tvblob.com (work)

            --
            Ted Tagami
            Founding Partner

            U N I V E R S U S . N E T
            Video Bloggers Podcasting
          • Steve Garfield
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 1 12:58 PM
              I know you know...

              That's what I've been experimenting with while using the Nokia N93.
              It shoots amazing video and can post directly to a blog using
              Lifeblog from the phone on a WiFi connection.

              All I need to do to get it working is figure out the posting error
              message I'm getting back from TypePad when I try that.

              I used the web interface of Hipcast though and posted video over free
              WiFi from the sidewalk.

              That is the future...

              --
              Steve Garfield
              http://SteveGarfield.com

              Learn Podcasting FREE at PodCamp Boston, Sept 9/10
              http://www.PodCamp.org

              Watch Vlog Soup: A video tour of the vlogosphere
              http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/vlogsoup/
            • Dorothy Littlejohn
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 1 3:46 PM
                Well that Burning Man site

                will be doing a live satellite broadcast saturday night. There doesn't appear to be a way to participate by the viewer, but perhaps that's just a setting that can be changed?