Re: Live videoblogging -- Anybody doing it?

  • Doron Golan
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
      check this out, live and networked !! >>

      LIVE NETWORKED_PERFORMANCE - VisitorsStudio. 2nd September 2006.
      Joberg-Derby-London

      Date: Saturday, 2nd September 2006.
      Time: 4pm (BST)
      & 5pm (SA time).

      http://www.visitorsstudio.org

      A live-online collaborative performance on VisitorsStudio by Nathaniel
      Stern, Marc Garrett and Ruth Catlow.

      Followed by open laptop mixing by audiences and invited local artists
      at:-

      - The Premises Gallery (Johannesburg)
      - HTTP Gallery (London)
      - Q Arts (Derby)

      The Performance:
      Nathaniel Stern, Marc Garrett and Ruth Catlow - will peform together for
      30 minutes on the VisitorsStudio. Creating an AudioVisual mix, on the
      theme of UTOPIA - in response to the discussions that has been taking
      place on the Game/Play blog (http://blog.game-play.org.uk).

      After the 30 minute performance:
      Everyone is invited to join in and upload their own content to
      networked, real-time platform, to mix and collaborate from the 3
      different venues. Others who cannot make it to the venues are invited to
      join in and connect from their own homes. Remember, the VisitorsStudio
      has been designed to allow anyone with a 56k modem to access it from
      anywhere in the world.

      About Files and Software:
      Get the latest flash player on your computer.
      File types supported are jpg, png, mp3, flv and swf files, as long as
      they are under 200k.

      All are welcome :-)
    • Rick Rey
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
        You got me there! I don't know what that phrase means or why I used it. Terminology aside, I do see this as a different form of broadcasting -- not in terms of the process or technology, but rather in terms of its purpose and meaning. I don't think it deserves a new name.... I was just trying to keep things in context.

        On 9/1/06, Andreas Haugstrup <solitude@...> wrote:

        "Live vlogcasting"? Stop with the names already. First you explain how a
        "live vlog" is different from broadcast and *then* you get to make up a
        name for it. Call a spade a spade.

        --
        Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen

      • Rick Rey
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
          I responded to Andreas before reading this and I pretty much said the
          same thing. Though I don't necessarily think we have to abandon
          vlogging technologies to embrace live broadcasting models. Can't we
          have our cake and eat it, too? The Instant Share Cam is great example
          of how we might make this happen (all costs aside) -- thanks for
          sharing that.

          Rick

          On 9/1/06, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...> wrote:

          > its more than just different technology, its a different purpose and mindset... one that i have mostly abandoned over the past 3 years, replaced with things like bittorrent, playlists, blogs and aggregation etc.
          >
          > sull
        • Steve Garfield
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
            Umm...

            The Instant Share Cam is not real.

            Yet.

            On Sep 1, 2006, at 3:10 PM, Rick Rey wrote:

            > I responded to Andreas before reading this and I pretty much said the
            > same thing. Though I don't necessarily think we have to abandon
            > vlogging technologies to embrace live broadcasting models. Can't we
            > have our cake and eat it, too? The Instant Share Cam is great example
            > of how we might make this happen (all costs aside) -- thanks for
            > sharing that.
            >
            > Rick
            >
            > On 9/1/06, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> its more than just different technology, its a different purpose
            >> and mindset... one that i have mostly abandoned over the past 3
            >> years, replaced with things like bittorrent, playlists, blogs and
            >> aggregation etc.
            >>
            >> sull

            Steve Garfield
            http://SteveGarfield.com

            Learn Podcasting FREE at PodCamp Boston, Sept 9/10
            http://www.PodCamp.org

            Watch Vlog Soup: A video tour of the vlogosphere
            http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/vlogsoup/
          • Michael Sullivan
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
              i know.  ;-)
              that's where its all heading though.  social devices.

              On 9/1/06, Steve Garfield <steve@... > wrote:
              Umm...

              The Instant Share Cam is not real.

              Yet.

              On Sep 1, 2006, at 3:10 PM, Rick Rey wrote:

              > I responded to Andreas before reading this and I pretty much said the
              > same thing. Though I don't necessarily think we have to abandon
              > vlogging technologies to embrace live broadcasting models. Can't we
              > have our cake and eat it, too? The Instant Share Cam is great example
              > of how we might make this happen (all costs aside) -- thanks for
              > sharing that.
              >
              > Rick
              >
              > On 9/1/06, Michael Sullivan < sulleleven@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> its more than just different technology, its a different purpose
              >> and mindset... one that i have mostly abandoned over the past 3
              >> years, replaced with things like bittorrent, playlists, blogs and
              >> aggregation etc.
              >>
              >> sull

              Steve Garfield
              http://SteveGarfield.com

              Learn Podcasting FREE at PodCamp Boston, Sept 9/10
              http://www.PodCamp.org

              Watch Vlog Soup: A video tour of the vlogosphere
              http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/vlogsoup/

              Yahoo! Groups Links

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              --
              Sull
              http://vlogdir.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
                I'd like to help on VlogEurope Live. Vloggercon had a feed going out that worked well, let's do it again. I'll post to wiki

                On 9/1/06, Deirdre Straughan <deirdre.straughan@...> wrote:

                Live could be a different kind of fun, though time zones can make it hard for many of us, as we already know from the videoconferences.

                Let's see what we can do to broadcast at least parts of this year's vlogEurope live...

                best regards,
                Deirdré Straughan

                www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
                www.tvblob.com (work)

                --
                Ted Tagami
                Founding Partner

                U N I V E R S U S . N E T
                Video Bloggers Podcasting
              • Steve Garfield
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
                  I know you know...

                  That's what I've been experimenting with while using the Nokia N93.
                  It shoots amazing video and can post directly to a blog using
                  Lifeblog from the phone on a WiFi connection.

                  All I need to do to get it working is figure out the posting error
                  message I'm getting back from TypePad when I try that.

                  I used the web interface of Hipcast though and posted video over free
                  WiFi from the sidewalk.

                  That is the future...

                  --
                  Steve Garfield
                  http://SteveGarfield.com

                  Learn Podcasting FREE at PodCamp Boston, Sept 9/10
                  http://www.PodCamp.org

                  Watch Vlog Soup: A video tour of the vlogosphere
                  http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/vlogsoup/
                • Dorothy Littlejohn
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
                    Well that Burning Man site

                    will be doing a live satellite broadcast saturday night. There doesn't appear to be a way to participate by the viewer, but perhaps that's just a setting that can be changed?