Re: [videoblogging] Question: what is the market value

  • Michael Sullivan
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 2006
      Though this doesnt answer your question in any way.... I was reading about alternative approaches to copyrighting media in order to gain the returns.  A statement about value and how an economist might conclude is below.
      Just thought i'd add it to the discussion.   I actually wasnt sure at first if you were asking what the cost might be to produce and publish on the Internet a 3 minute video or how much the video would be valued at initially and over time.

      An economist would say that it's the sum of the "consumer surplus" and the "producer surplus" that could be reaped from making it available to the public. That, in turn, is equal to the total amount that consumers (including other creators who wished to improve upon or adapt it) would be able and willing to pay for access to the product--up to the point where the marginal cost of producing an additional copy equals the marginal benefit reaped from it--minus the costs of producing that number of copies. More crudely, it's the total benefit that all members of society could reap from the product.

      On 8/29/06, Jan < jannie.jan@... > wrote:
      Of the creation of a basic 3-minute vlog entry?

      How much time is involved in such a 3-minute vlog entry, including travel,
      digitizing, uploading, creating the post, emailing, etc.?

      What is a basic 3-minute vlog?

      XO,
      Jan

      --
      "It isn't done alone. Pay more."
      http://fauxpress.blogspot.com- movement

      Yahoo! Groups Links

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Sull
      http://vlogdir.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 1, 2006
        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Sullivan"
        <sulleleven@...> wrote:

        > I actually wasnt sure at first if you were asking what the cost might
        > be to produce and publish on the Internet a 3 minute video or how
        > much the video would be valued at initially and over time.

        I too was very confused by your question, but here is some good advice
        for anyone who has hopes of making money in this Web 2.0 bubble.

        http://www.dead20.com/2006/07/16/11-suggestions-for-not-being-a-dot-bomb-20/

        or

        http://tinyurl.com/klq4u