Re: New Collaboration - Node 666!

  • Steve Garfield
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 1, 2006
      I posted a short edit of our submission:

      Carol and Steve Show: Many Die. Some Survive.

      http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/videoblog/2006/08/carol_and_steve_1.html

      or

      http://tinyurl.com/j46r3

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Casey McKinnon"
      <caseymckinnon@...> wrote:

      > We are looking for a few good men and women to submit about 1-2 minutes
      > of video footage of themselves after the apocalypse. All you need to do
      > is read the below background story and film yourself all disheveled and
      > in a messy place telling your own personal story. (If you do not want
      > to be disheveled, you should explain why everything in your area looks
      > so normal – why you are unaffected by the apocalypse, etc.).
      >
      > Node 666 (Background Story)
      >
      > It began August 22nd, 2006. Escalating tensions in the Middle East
      > resulted in Iran dropping a nuclear weapon unto Israel.
      >
      > Into the valley of ARMAGEDDON!!!
      >
      > This unearths a hidden portal to hell from which a demon army rises up
      > to conquer the earth.
      >
      > Seeing that the time has come, the alien overlords who have been
      > watching over us as Angels initiate the Rapture protocol to save the
      > human genetic code, randomly transporting a few million of us into their
      > ships, to train for their final battle.
      >
      > The rest of us are left behind, to face the final apocalypse. A world
      > filled with roving biker gangs, zombie hordes, radiation fallout, and
      > other fun things.
      >
      > Many die. Some survive. And some …
      >
      > Form a videoblogging network, to keep in touch during these grim times.
      > They are the members of Node 666.
      >
      > And so are you!!!
      >
      > Tell us what happened to you during this apocalypse. Recreate an event
      > during that day; show us your radioactive vegetable garden. Your mutant
      > cat. Your pet zombie. Your freak children. Whatever.
      >
      > You have a month. We will help with special effects and final editing
      > between segment to segment. You can either send us your video at
      > galacticast [at] gmail.com or send us the link to your file online.
      >
      > Please note that this work will be released under our usual CC license
      > (attribution, non-commercial, share-alike). If you have any questions
      > or concerns, please let me know.
      >
      > Good luck and godspeed…
      > Casey
      >
      > ---
      >
      > Casey McKinnon
      > Producer, Galacticast
      > http://www.galacticast.com/

    • Eric
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 1, 2006
        *bookmarked*

        I'll actually be able to shoot this tomorrow. E-mail your way in
        about a week after editing and all that jazz.
      • Susan Kirkpatrick
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 1, 2006
          This is very close to how I'll be spending apocolypse as well...

          ;)
          Susan

          <caseymckinnon@...> wrote:

          > We are looking for a few good men and women to submit about 1-2 minutes
          > of video footage of themselves after the apocalypse. All you need to do
          > is read the below background story and film yourself all disheveled and
          > in a messy place telling your own personal story. (If you do not want
          > to be disheveled, you should explain why everything in your area looks
          > so normal – why you are unaffected by the apocalypse, etc.).
          >
          > Node 666 (Background Story)
          >
          > It began August 22nd, 2006. Escalating tensions in the Middle East
          > resulted in Iran dropping a nuclear weapon unto Israel.
          >
          > Into the valley of ARMAGEDDON!!!
          >
          > This unearths a hidden portal to hell from which a demon army rises up
          > to conquer the earth.
          >
          > Seeing that the time has come, the alien overlords who have been
          > watching over us as Angels initiate the Rapture protocol to save the
          > human genetic code, randomly transporting a few million of us into their
          > ships, to train for their final battle.
          >
          > The rest of us are left behind, to face the final apocalypse. A world
          > filled with roving biker gangs, zombie hordes, radiation fallout, and
          > other fun things.
          >
          > Many die. Some survive. And some …
          >
          > Form a videoblogging network, to keep in touch during these grim times.
          > They are the members of Node 666.
          >
          > And so are you!!!
          >
          > Tell us what happened to you during this apocalypse. Recreate an event
          > during that day; show us your radioactive vegetable garden. Your mutant
          > cat. Your pet zombie. Your freak children. Whatever.
          >
          > You have a month. We will help with special effects and final editing
          > between segment to segment. You can either send us your video at
          > galacticast [at] gmail.com or send us the link to your file online.
          >
          > Please note that this work will be released under our usual CC license
          > (attribution, non-commercial, share-alike). If you have any questions
          > or concerns, please let me know.
          >
          > Good luck and godspeed…
          > Casey
          >
          > ---
          >
          > Casey McKinnon
          > Producer, Galacticast
          > http://www.galacticast.com/

        • Michael Sullivan
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 3, 2006
            casey,

            do you plan to make node666 an ongoing project where people can post to the
            node666 network whenever they want.
            continuous alternate reality.
            that would kick it up a notch. node666.org tells me it might be a thought
            ;)

            my footage will be delivered tonight.

            sull

            --
            Sull
            http://vlogdir.com

          • Paul Knight
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 3, 2006
              On 3 Sep 2006, at 19:20, Michael Sullivan wrote:

              > casey,
              >
              > do you plan to make node666 an ongoing project where people can
              > post to the
              > node666 network whenever they want.
              > continuous alternate reality.
              > that would kick it up a notch. node666.org tells me it might be a
              > thought
              > ;)
              >
              > my footage will be delivered tonight.
              >
              > sull
              >
              > On 9/2/06, Susan Kirkpatrick <kitykity@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> This is very close to how I'll be spending apocolypse as well...
              >>
              >> ;)
              >> Susan
              >>

              >> On 9/1/06, Steve Garfield < steve@...> wrote:
              >>
              >>> I posted a short edit of our submission:
              >>>
              >>> Carol and Steve Show: Many Die. Some Survive.
              >>>
              >>> http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/videoblog/2006/08/
              >>> carol_and_steve_1.html
              >>>
              >>> or
              >>>
              >>> http://tinyurl.com/j46r3
              >>>

              >>> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com <videoblogging%
              >>> 40yahoogroups.com>,

              >>> minutes
              >>> do
              >>> and

              >>> their

              >>> times.

              >>> mutant

              > --
              > Sull
              > http://vlogdir.com
              > http://SpreadTheMedia.org
              > http://interdigitate.com

              Do yourself a favour and Visit my Vlog

              http://pjkproductions.blogspot.com
              http://pjkweddingvideo.blogspot.com

              It's worth a laugh and (mostly) work friendly.

            • Michael Sullivan
              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 3, 2006
                whats cool about this, casey.... is that both Richard's definition of vlog
                and your definition of vlog are mashed together in node666. gotta love that
                juice.

                sull

                --
                Sull
                http://vlogdir.com

              • Michael Sullivan
                Message 7 of 24 , Sep 3, 2006
                  http://blip.tv/file/69223/
                  LMFAO!

                  Message 8 of 24 , Sep 5, 2006
                    we should do up a node666 google map. :)

                    --
                    Sull
                    http://vlogdir.com