Re: My First Vlog!!!

  • Rupert Howe
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
      That's funny. I liked it when you didn't edit out the part where you
      ran out of steam.

      If you set up a feed, I'll subscribe.

      I see you're using Flash from Blip.

      Does anyone know, is there any way of getting a picture thumbnail on
      Blip's Flash players? The plain black box with Click To Play is not
      as enticing as a nice still from the video.

      If there is, then presumably it's possible to use the Flash player for
      people viewing on the web, but also to use Blogger's Link box to
      insert the URL for your .mov file at Blip and so get a .mov enclosure
      on the feed. (If you want that...)

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "nordby7" <nordby7@...> wrote:

      > First of all great news about Josh. Just want to let him know we all
      support him standing up
      > against the Federal Gov...
      >
      > So I really liked the post about Tubesock today and got home from
      work and tried it out. I
      > captured two clips from YouTube about Iran's prez and converted them
      into Quicktime.
      > Threw them into Final cut - which I don't know how to use yet. Then
      shot a stand up in front
      > of the camera and boom I'm a vlogger! I know it's rough but I've got
      newbie energy flowing
      > through my blood.
      >
      > http://eriknordby.blogspot.com/
      >
      > What do you think?
      >
      > Erik

    • CarLBanks
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
        Well, to get that still you could use http://utilities.cinegage.com/videos-playing-in-place/ vPIP. Or Blip might have some code to do just that.

        --
        -CarLBanks
        http://thenameiwantedwastaken.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
          Hi Rupert,
          Thanks for watching my first vlog. I now have 2 more
          posts. I also took your advice and learned how to set
          up an RSS feed so people can subscribe. The whole
          process is a little confusing but ultimately easy.

          Do you know of places to post/list/register my vlog so
          that it comes up when you google my name?

          --- Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

          > That's funny. I liked it when you didn't edit out
          > the part where you
          > ran out of steam.
          >
          > If you set up a feed, I'll subscribe.
          >
          > I see you're using Flash from Blip.
          >
          > Does anyone know, is there any way of getting a
          > picture thumbnail on
          > Blip's Flash players? The plain black box with
          > Click To Play is not
          > as enticing as a nice still from the video.
          >
          > If there is, then presumably it's possible to use
          > the Flash player for
          > people viewing on the web, but also to use Blogger's
          > Link box to
          > insert the URL for your .mov file at Blip and so get
          > a .mov enclosure
          > on the feed. (If you want that...)
          >

          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "nordby7"
          > <nordby7@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > First of all great news about Josh. Just want to
          > let him know we all
          > support him standing up
          > > against the Federal Gov...
          > >
          > > So I really liked the post about Tubesock today
          > and got home from
          > work and tried it out. I
          > > captured two clips from YouTube about Iran's prez
          > and converted them
          > into Quicktime.
          > > Threw them into Final cut - which I don't know how
          > to use yet. Then
          > shot a stand up in front
          > > of the camera and boom I'm a vlogger! I know it's
          > rough but I've got
          > newbie energy flowing
          > > through my blood.
          > >
          > > http://eriknordby.blogspot.com/
          > >
          > > What do you think?
          > >
          > > Erik

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • erik nordby
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006

            --- Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

            > That's funny. I liked it when you didn't edit out
            > the part where you
            > ran out of steam.
            >
            > If you set up a feed, I'll subscribe.
            >
            > I see you're using Flash from Blip.
            >
            > Does anyone know, is there any way of getting a
            > picture thumbnail on
            > Blip's Flash players? The plain black box with
            > Click To Play is not
            > as enticing as a nice still from the video.
            >
            > If there is, then presumably it's possible to use
            > the Flash player for
            > people viewing on the web, but also to use Blogger's
            > Link box to
            > insert the URL for your .mov file at Blip and so get
            > a .mov enclosure
            > on the feed. (If you want that...)
            >

            > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "nordby7"
            > <nordby7@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > First of all great news about Josh. Just want to
            > let him know we all
            > support him standing up
            > > against the Federal Gov...
            > >
            > > So I really liked the post about Tubesock today
            > and got home from
            > work and tried it out. I
            > > captured two clips from YouTube about Iran's prez
            > and converted them
            > into Quicktime.
            > > Threw them into Final cut - which I don't know how
            > to use yet. Then
            > shot a stand up in front
            > > of the camera and boom I'm a vlogger! I know it's
            > rough but I've got
            > newbie energy flowing
            > > through my blood.
            > >
            > > http://eriknordby.blogspot.com/
            > >
            > > What do you think?
            > >
            > > Erik

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Mike Hudack
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
              Hey Rupert,

              If there's a thumbnail for your video you should get it as part of the Flash
              player. How are you using the Flash player, through copy and paste or
              cross-posting?

              Yours,

              Mike
              Co-founder, blip.tv