Fwd: No Time to Waste

  • Michael Verdi
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 10:43 AM
      hey Michael -
      Can you forward this to the Videoblogging listserv? (I'm not
      subscribed right now..)
      thanks,
      jen

      No Time to Waste

      The 48-hour PSA Project Confronting War

      This is a call out to anyone who is frustrated with any of the wars
      this country is engaged in, at home or abroad, and wants to send a
      message to the world about it—a digital message. The 48-hour PSA
      Project will bring together people in the Philadelphia area to create
      30-60 second public service announcements against war within a 48-hour
      period. At the end of the 48 hours the videos will be posted on the
      Internet and available for viewing by millions of people worldwide.
      Join us for a digital mobilization where instead of posters and signs
      our digital media conveys our message!

      How it works:

      You find 3-7 other people to form a group with between now and
      September 9th . Ideally at least one of you has access to a video
      camera and some editing software. If not please email us at the
      address listed below and we will connect you with equipment and
      resources you need.

      On Saturday September 9th all groups will meet up at 9:30 am at the
      Asian Arts Initiative (1315 Cherry Street, 2nd Floor) for a light
      breakfast and brief introduction to the project that will include a
      screening of samples of other PSAs. Groups will then be able to use
      the space to meet and plan their own PSAs. They will each have 48
      hours to come up with a concept, shoot it, edit it, and compress it
      for web uploading. If you do not know how to upload video to the web,
      here will be a short workshop on compressing and uploading video on
      Sunday afternoon. The PSAs will also eventually be compiled onto a DVD
      that will be available for distribution.

      How to enter:

      Please email the "Group Application" form below to
      psas_against_war@.... You will receive a confirmation email as
      well as more detailed information on the project and the 48-hour
      weekend.

      If you are interested in participating but don't have enough other
      people to group with, please email the "Request to Join a Group" form
      below to psas_against_war@.... We will put you in contact with
      others so that you can all participate!

      **Please contact us by Monday September 3rd.**

      How much does it cost?

      $5 per individual, and two days of your time. Money goes toward
      breakfast Saturday morning, a miniDV tape, and administrative
      expenses.

      When and where?

      Participants will meet up on Saturday, September 9 th at 9:30am at the
      Asian Arts Initiative, 1315 Cherry Street, 2nd floor. The project ends
      at 9:30am on September 11 th.

      No Time to Waste:

      The 48-hour PSA Project Confronting War

      Group Application Form

      Group Name(optional):

      Group Coordinator:
      Email: Phone:

      (this person is responsible for communicating with the 48hour project
      coordinators)

      Participants' Names:

      Do you have? Do you need?
      access to a video camera?
      access to editing software such as Final Cut Pro or iMovie and working
      knowledge of editing?
      Ability to compress your own PSA for uploading? (note: there will be a
      30 minute presentation on how to compress for the web on Sunday
      afternoon)
      Extra skills or equipment that you can loan to this project? (If so,
      please specify…)

      No Time to Waste:

      The 48-hour PSA Project Confronting War

      Request to Join a Group

      Name:

      Email:
      Phone:

      What topic(s) or issue(s) are you interested in covering in your PSA?

      What skills or resources can you offer to a group (eg. editing,
      camera, writing, research, general assistance)?